Andyoni !! - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2005, 04:41 PM   #76
country flag Maia

Maia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andyoni !!

Maia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #77
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by keev26
They lost 6-4 6-1. The Masters Cup dream is dead.
Oh dear. Too bad. To next year!!!
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #78
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Cant seem to find much news on the net so hope they have a nice off season- enjoy with friends and family and come back stronger next year!
Old 11-05-2005, 05:08 PM   #79
country flag Maia

Maia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond repute

A little Andyoni sightinig:
Yesterday I went to the airport, because my mom came back from Australia, and as I was waiting for her to come out, I saw Andy & Yoni coming out there was a tv crew there who interviewed them (probably the sports channel). It was so surprising and so funny
Old 11-05-2005, 05:09 PM   #80
country flag Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
Cant seem to find much news on the net so hope they have a nice off season- enjoy with friends and family and come back stronger next year!
They're gonna go to Shanghai as alternates so their off season will start after the masters
Old 11-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #81
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia
A little Andyoni sightinig:
Yesterday I went to the airport, because my mom came back from Australia, and as I was waiting for her to come out, I saw Andy & Yoni coming out there was a tv crew there who interviewed them (probably the sports channel). It was so surprising and so funny
Thanks Maia- hope you had a nice view
And Yes at alternates! I wasn't sure if they had sneaked in or not. So they will have a good time; make a little money even if they are not playing. I was so hoping since the tennis channel here in the states is showing ALL of the doubles matches. Somehow it figures.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:59 PM   #82
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Maia for the story Good luck boys, hope you get in as alternates. at selected doubles matches televised. No need for that, at all!
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:17 AM   #83
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Just found this older article about the recent Davis Cup Tie and I send a Mazel Tov to Andy for getting engaged!

Sport: Davis Cup team leaves for Zimbabwe tie
Posted on Monday, September 19 @ 03:47:58 CDT

The national Davis Cup team left Sunday night for the Zimbabwean capital, Harare, where it will face the host nation over the weekend in a crucial Europe/Africa Zone I relegation tie.

But there was little tension earlier in the day whey the team conducted its final practice at the Israel Tennis Center courts in Jerusalem, where it trained to help prepare for the high altitude in Harare.
Although it may seem that the short trip from Tel Aviv wouldn't affect the form of world-class tennis players, the thin air changed things for nearly all the players. "We couldn't practice on our first day here," doubles star Yoni Erlich told The Jerusalem Post during a break between drills. "The balls fly faster and are more difficult to control... And you run out of air quicker."

Erlich, who together with Andy Ram makes up one of the best doubles teams in the world, could only think of a few places on the ATP Tour that have similar altitudes and stressed that the home advantage for Zimbabwe will be a large one.

Harare is nearly 1500 meters above sea level. Jerusalem is about half of that.

Erlich explained that the travel dates had been carefully chosen, because research shows that the body needs four days to adjust to high altitudes. The tie begins on Friday.

Ram was not at all bothered by the altitude change, in part because he grew up in Jerusalem after his family immigrated from Uruguay. But Ram added another reason, while taking a poke at his teammates, "it's because I'm in the best shape of all the players."

Ram pointed out that Dudi Sela, the youngest member and newest addition to the team, is also in good shape and adjusting well. Sela, who is the highest ranked Israeli at 163 in the world, will likely play singles in his debut. Okun (172) is also expected to play singles, although team captain Eyal Ran will only announce the lineup after the players practice in Harare.

Zimbabwe will be represented by Wayne Black, who no longer plays competitive singles, but was a top 70 player in his prime, Genius Chidzikwe (875) and Gwinyai Tongoona (1494). Zimbabwe tennis heads tried to convince Wayne's older brother and former star Byron Black to come out of retirement for the tie, but the elder Black refused.

Wayne Black and his countryman Kevin Ullyett have caused Ram and Erlich fits on the doubles scene, defeating them last month in the US Open quarterfinals and before that in the Montreal Masters final, but Ullyett will skip this tie, reportedly due to family commitments.

During Sunday's training session, Ram announced that he had proposed to his girlfriend of more than nine years, Shiri Zlotikman, and that the former tennis player had accepted, which further lightened an already loose practice. Although the players all knew already, it allowed them to begin teasing the groom-to-be publicly.

Ram and Erlich, who have plenty on their plates with the Zimbabwe tie coming up and the race to finish the season among the top eight pairs to qualify for the Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai, have joined the doubles players lawsuit against the ATP.

Erlich said that the top 100 doubles players, with the exception of those who are also ranked in the top 100 in singles, have come together to sue the ATP to stop the "doubles reform" that it is trying to bring into the game.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:25 AM   #84
country flag Maia

Andy said in the papers before Athens that if he & Yoni win a medal in Athens he will propose to Shiri, but they didn't, so I guess he waited another year...
Congrats to them, tough, they've been together for so long, it's about time they get married
Old 11-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #85
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia
Andy said in the papers before Athens that if he & Yoni win a medal in Athens he will propose to Shiri, but they didn't, so I guess he waited another year...
Congrats to them, tough, they've been together for so long, it's about time they get married
I find it refreshing that he seems to be able to have a nice stable long term relationship- doesn't appear to happen to often considering the traveling that occurs.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:00 PM   #86
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Anyone out there know what the schedule for the guys might be? Should we assume the same as last year? Or anyplace one can check for schedules?
Old 12-25-2005, 12:44 PM   #87
country flag Maia

Israeli news website YNET wrote that Andyoni will start their season playing Adelaide, Sydney, Aus Open and then of course Davis Cup (Israel vs. Serbia)
Old 12-25-2005, 12:47 PM   #88
country flag Maia

Also, they've been working with Canadian coach Louis Cayer during the off-season. He came to Israel to work with them and with Shahar Peer.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:12 PM   #89
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Thank you Maia for the information
Old 12-31-2005, 11:30 AM   #90
country flag Nimrodg

Nimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond repute

Andy&Yoni starting the year in adelaide against blake/huss

Good luck