Andyoni !! - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #706
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andyoni !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
I blame you
I get blamed for everything
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #707
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

First grand Slam Final
Give it your best shot and kadima!!! And all that
Old 01-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #708
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Yahoo! Good luck guys, be nice to see them get a GS and start the year so well!
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #709
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

FYI: from the AO website:
Jonathan Erlich realised a lifelong dream on Thursday after advancing to his first Grand Slam final at the Australian Open.

Erlich and partner Andy Ram won through to the men's doubles decider with a 6-4 6-4 victory over Mahesh Bhupathi and Mark Knowles.

The Israeli combination, seeded No.8 at Melbourne Park, will now face French duo Arnaud Clement and Michael Llodra on Saturday for the championship. Neither pair has dropped a set on the way to the final.

"It's exciting. I think I put so much effort in mentally today that after the match I am more exhausted than happy right now. But it's a wonderful feeling," said Erlich, whose best doubles result at a major was the semi-finals of Wimbledon in 2003.

Ram, meanwhile, has been there before, winning the mixed doubles titles at Wimbledon in 2006 and the 2007 French Open.

But that will count for nought against the seventh-seeded French pair, who ousted South Africans Jeff Coetzee and Wesley Moodie 6-3 7-6 (11-9) earlier in the day.

"We're still very focussed on what we have to do," Erlich said. "We have been waiting for this for a while I think. I am very happy this day has arrived."

Australian Open 2008 could well be turning into the Israeli Open - at least in the doubles.

Shahar Peer, who lost in the third round of the singles, is already through to the women's doubles final with Belarussian Victoria Azarenka.

And it could get even better for the tiny nation - which has a population of around seven million - with Ram and Erlich potentially meeting in the final of the mixed doubles.

Erlich takes to the court alongside Chinese Taipei's Chia-Jung Chuang in the quarter-finals, while Ram and his partner Natalie Dechy are already through to the semis.

"It's unbelievable. It's a dream. No-one could think about one Israeli in the finals of a grand slam, now there's two and maybe three (finals). It's crazy," Ram said.

Thanks AE. Sorry about Jeff though.
Yoni lost his QF mixed while Andy is in the SF however. That would have been fun though if they had both made it.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #710
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

They WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at match point, gimelstob was screaming/singing in hebrew

MAZEL TOV ANDYONI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #711
country flag Maia

Maia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Congrats to Andy & Yoni!!!
I'm so happy! The 2nd set was so close, I could barely watch...
Maia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #712
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
They WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at match point, gimelstob was screaming/singing in hebrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia View Post
Yay! Congrats to Andy & Yoni!!!
I'm so happy! The 2nd set was so close, I could barely watch...
Welcome back Maia
I am hopeful that TTC will reshow this sometime today If not too bad for me

Edit- replay 2pm eastern time TTC

Last edited by cobalt60 : 01-26-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #713
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

ATP site:

Eighth seeds Andy Ram and Jonathan Erlich (pictured) became the first Israeli Grand Slam doubles champions in Open Era history on Saturday after a 7-5, 7-6(4) victory over seventh-seeded Frenchmen Arnaud Clement and Michael Llodra in the Australian Open final.

The duo, whose previous best Grand Slam performance was a semifinal showing at 2003 Wimbledon, converted two of ten break points and held their nerve in the tie-break to seal victory in one hour and 50 minutes.

Erlich/Ram, who won the title without the loss of a single set, were the first Israeli duo to appear in a Grand Slam final in the Open Era. The only other Israeli man to advance to a Grand Slam men’s doubles final in the Open Era was Shlomo Glickstein at 1985 Roland Garros, partnering Hans Simonsson.

En route to the final, Erlich and Ram defeated Kunitsyn/Tursunov, Lipsky/Martin, ninth seeds Cermak/Dlouhy, Gicquel/Santoro and sixth seeds Bhupathi/ Knowles.

Ranked 18 in the Stanford ATP Doubles Rankings, Erlich and Ram were appearing in just their first Grand Slam final at their 20th major. They had lost to Clement/Llodra in both previous meetings, including a US Open fourth round clash last year.

The Israeli pairing now have 11 career titles together, last season they were victorious in AMS Cincinnati and finished runners-up in Las Vegas, AMS Indian Wells and Washington.

This was Erlich and Ram’s sixth joint appearance at the Australian Open, and prior to this year they had never advanced past the fourth round, falling at that stage in 2005 and 2007.

The Israelis have now posted a 9-2 season thus far in 2008, reaching the semifinals in Adelaide (l. to Guccione/Smeets) and the quarterfinals in Sydney (l. to Bryan/Bryan) prior to the Australian Open.

2007 Wimbledon champions Clement and Llodra (pictured left) were appearing in their second Grand Slam together final in seven majors and were the fourth all-French pairing to reach the Melbourne final in the Open Era.

They reached the final without the loss of a set, including victories over No. 10 seeds Butorac/Ullyett in the third round and No. 2 seeds Nestor/Zimonjic in the quarterfinals.

World No. 17 Llodra is now a four-time finalist at the Australian Open, he won the title twice, in 2003 and 2004 with Fabrice Santoro. World No. 12 Clement, who reached the singles final in Melbourne in 2001, is the first player to reach the singles and doubles finals in a Grand Slam since Petr Korda who was doubles champion in 1996 and singles champion in 1998.

The French duo began playing together regularly in 2006 and have won five career titles, they also qualified for the Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai at the end of last season.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #714
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

From the Jerusalem Post:

Andy Ram and Yoni Erlich went into the record books of Israeli sports on Saturday after winning their first ever Grand Slam tennis title in the men's doubles final of the Australian Open in Melbourne. The Israeli duo defeated Arnaud Clement and Michael Llodra of France 7-5, 7-6.

Erlich and Ram have won 10 tournaments together and are unbeaten in Davis Cup play since 2005. But since their semi-final appearance in Wimbledon 2003, the Israeli pair, which is is seeded 8th in the tournament, did not shine in Grand Slam events. It took seven Australian Open appearances for them to reach the final.

However, on Saturday, Ram and Erlich were determined to win their first Grand Slam title, with much help from dozens of Israeli supporters in the crowd who waved Israeli flags and never stopped pushing them forward.

They celebrated their win by hugging and hoisting each other into the air. Erlich went on to carry Ram on his back as he jogged around the court.

"We were fighting hard, we were much more hungry I think than Llodra and Clement today," Ram said. "They have a Grand Slam title already, maybe that's why."

"Since I was born I've been waiting for this time," an emotional Erlich said after the two accepted the trophy.

Turning to Clement and Llodra, Erlich said: "I know it's not easy to lose in the finals, but its [good] to play with such great players, and it's always a pleasure to be with them on the court."

"I want to thank our coach...our dear friends who came from the US and Israel...and last but not least all our fans," he said.

"I don't think there's a better place to start the year than Australia," he concluded to cheers from the crowd.

Ram said Prime Minister Ehud Olmert had already phoned to congratulate them, but they missed the call.

"They left me a message to call him back and I couldn't reach him," he said.

The win also earned the pair a prize of $440,000.

Ram, who won the 2007 French Open mixed doubles title with Natalie Dechy, said Saturday's title was by far the greater achievement.

"We're so happy to be the first Israelis. We made history today," he said. "I'm very happy for both of us. We believed we could win the Grand Slam title. We really believed in this."

In a bold move for an Israeli pair, Erlich and Ram are now considering traveling to the United Arab Emirates for the Dubai Tennis Championships.

"The ATP will do all they can do to provide us the right security. And if we decide to go, I think it's a big tournament," Ram said.

In the semi-finals, Ram and Erlich defeated No. 6 seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Mark Knowles 6-4, 6-4 in what was their fifth consecutive straight sets win.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #715
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Here are some pics after their win
And FYI even Hubby is excited and since he is leading services this morning he plans to make an announcement at the bima. Some good news for Israel this week instead of the BS that's going on
And the boys were like- we have their autographs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AY AO 1.jpg (93.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg AY AO 2.jpg (94.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg AY AO 3.jpg (103.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg AY AO 4.jpg (89.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg AY AO 5.jpg (144.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #716
country flag Tommy fan

Tommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys

Well dome Andyoni

And a question-Does anyone have this match and he's willing to upload it?

Nalbandian ~Gasquet ~ Sela ~ Wawrinka
Safin!!
Tommy fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #717
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Sorry I did not tape it. I watched the replay on the tennis channel but they did not show the entire match. Hopefully someone else did and will upload it.
Yoni was very eloquent in his speech( as usual) and Llodra was funny thanking the sponsor Garnier and saying he likes their "gel"

Last edited by cobalt60 : 01-27-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #718
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...0&postcount=21
Old 01-26-2008, 10:13 PM   #719
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:

Hava Negilah and a barukah It was so funny. Too bad he did not know Hatikvah
Old 01-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #720
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy fan View Post
Hey guys

Well dome Andyoni

And a question-Does anyone have this match and he's willing to upload it?
Well you are in luck. My teenage son actually recorded it on the DVR so will make me a copy. How awesome a kid is that However since he and I thought it started at 2pm based on the tennis channels info and they started it sooner, we are missing some of the first set. So again maybe someone else has the whole thing.