Andyoni !! - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-27-2007, 08:05 PM   #616
country flag napki

napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andyoni !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb!. View Post
It's only February!

It's much better than "it's only April!" which i may hear it pretty soon if you look at the pace Guille is going about getting back on tour >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo View Post

But Butorac & Murray are really doing well!
yep, they won the whole tourney
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2007, 08:17 PM   #617
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Ms Kay

I heard from a friend in Memphis that 14 of the players came down with what they all felt was food poisoning from eating at the club. Although the tournie official line was that it was the stomach flu. Whatever, Yoni was one of the players who got sick So that makes 2 weeks in a row for him.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #618
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

At least 3 people did retire from their matches due to "illness" That's craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy if it was the tourney food

Anyway, Andyoni play their first match tonight in Vegas. cold and windy there. it will be on TTC but I won't be home to watch it

they are also blogging on the Tourney site http://www.tennischannelopen.com/blogs/ram_erlich.aspx

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #619
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the headsup as I haven't had time to check the site
Old 02-27-2007, 09:54 PM   #620
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

I opted to post the blog. Quick Deb look the other way for copyright infringement
Sounds like Yoni got married since the last blog when he got engaged. Mazel Tov to him and his partners And they are still funny.

"The doubles team of Andy Ram and Jonathan Erlich are the #2 seed in The Tennis Channel Open this week. They'll be blogging from Vegas on their experiences in Sin City.

Jonathan: The week started off on the wrong foot with a nightmare flight into town. We arrived at 1am Saturday after several delays, a cancellation and a whole lot of turbulence.

Andy: But they say in order to get to heaven, you have to have experiences like that horrible day of travel. Now that we're safely here, we have some big expectations.

Jonathan: This is our first time in Vegas and we're quite impressed with the size of these hotels and all the neon lights. You don't see anything like this on too many tour stops.

Andy: Not to mention the women. At the player party last night it was unbelievable. Every bartender was better looking than the last. We are both traveling with our wives, but even our wives were impressed with the Vegas women.

Jonathan: Our wives our bigger gamblers than us. They enjoy losing our money more than we do.

Andy: It's safer than letting them go off shopping by themselves. At least we keep an eye on them and see every dollar they lose as opposed to shopping when they're on their own.

Jonathan: Didn't you lose $100 playing blackjack last night?

Andy: Yeah, I have to win that back before I leave.

Jonathan: But one thing we are going to do before we take off is to grab a bite on top of the stratosphere

Andy: Yeah, you always see it on TV and in the views of the strip, and I've always wanted to go to that place, so that's definitely something we're going to get in this week. I also want to see [Cirque du Sole's] O and Celine Dion.

Jonathan: That's the thing about a place like Vegas - everything is good. No matter what you do or how you choose to relax, you know you're going to have fun.

Andy: But we are focused on tennis and winning the tournament. I mean, this is a great city but we did come here to win and that's our goal, to win the Tennis Channel Open this week.

Jonathan: We know we have a tough challenge with the Bryan brothers back to defend the title they won last year, and with how good they're playing on the court right now.

Andy: Maybe it's a good thing that they're seeded number one and we're seeded two. We've been the top seed three times this year and lost, so maybe this will be a nice change for us and we'll win as the two seed. Maybe the [predicted rain Tuesday] will help us out.

Jonathan: We know we're not going to play our best tennis if the weather's poor, but that's something we can't control.

Andy: It actually fits our game fine, to have the bad weather.

Jonathan: It's true. But if we do make it to the final and they're waiting there for us I look forward to the challenge. We've played them nine times before and I think we go into a match like that with confidence that we know what it takes to win against them and also the respect that you have for great champions who always compete.
__________________________________________________ _____________
And as an aside- good luck getting to the stratosphere. Very cool place
Old 02-28-2007, 12:27 PM   #621
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Won 6-3 6-0
Slow start but once they found their stride Yoni played brilliantly in that second set. At one point early on he won 11 of the 12 points played As a doubles team they don't overpower but man they are quick to the net so caught their opponents off guard. Plus they are incredible volleyers and the angles they found
It sure looked cold out there though.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:32 PM   #622
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Trousers as well, must have been cold!!
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:47 PM   #623
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

It's freezing in vegas. ridiculous to have night sessions, really.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 03-01-2007, 02:05 AM   #624
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

It looked colder than last year with folks in the stands wearing winter coats. Or maybe cuz I am so used to the real cold I did not find it that bad last year
Old 03-01-2007, 02:08 AM   #625
country flag Deboogle!.

it was bad last year, but I don't think it was this bad. It's also a lot colder here in LA than it was last year. Just a cold winter in the area I guess.

Andyoni are the night match again tomorrow, so it will be on TTC. I'll be home to see it this time

Old 03-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #626
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Part II of the blog: From the tennis channel open website.

February 28, 2007

Andy: Well Jonathan is busy surfing the internet over there so I'll just start this without him.

We had a good win in our first match here in tough conditions. All these guys out here are dangerous and Benjamin Becker and Bobby Reynolds are no exception. They both have tough serves and we were fortunate to advance in the tough conditions out on center court.

It was also fun to be the night match on Tennis Channel. Some of our friends around the country were able to tune in and watch us play so that was fun for us. There's really not a lot of opportunity for our matches to be televised, so that gave us a bit of extra motivation out there...ah look who decided to show up.

Jonathan: Sorry, had to check something online.

Andy: I bet you did

Jonathan: After our matches, we usually call our sports psychologist in Denver to discuss our match and take her through a bunch of points, but it was nice for her to be able to watch our match and talk to us afterwards.

Andy: We've been friends with her for so long and she helps us with our mental game and keeps us focused on some fundamentals.

Jonathan: Quite a few guys on tour use psychologists these days, and I think they really do help.

One thing she couldn't help us with was the weather last night. I actually wore long sweat pants for the first time since I played in a challenger event a long time ago. I thought it might feel awkward to play in pants, but I got used to it and I don't think it was much of a hindrance.

Andy: Your high ball toss on your serves was tough though. You had no idea where the ball was going did you?

Jonathan: But neither did they.

Andy: Enough about our tennis, we had a great meal last night at Spago in Caesar's Palace. We know the manager there, and he hooked us up.

Jonathan: We saw Murphy Jensen eating there too, but didn't want to bother him.

Jonathan: How are you doing on the tables?

Andy: I'm on a streak - I lose $100 everyday. That's my limit. I also learned to play craps, but I'm too scared to actually lay a wager on the table.

Jonathan: You just lost money for everyone else when you rolled the dice.

Andy: Better them than me. I'm not leaving this place until I get back to even.

Wish me luck!!

Andy/Jonathan
Old 03-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #627
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

I am totally enjoying watching doubles on my TV screen. It was a fun match last night. They won 6-3 7-6. Other than a blip when serving for the match at 5-4, they looked good. They have lots of touch and finesse. Wish there was a little more power on some shots but what can you do
Old 03-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #628
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Good luck in IW guys Good place to pick up points as they were out in the first round last year.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #629
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Their quarter has opened up with the twins out so let's hope they can take advantage of this. And let's also hope that I did not jinx them just now or that the IW curse and upset virus calms down
Old 03-16-2007, 03:38 PM   #630
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Video from IW: Kadima in the SF's today

http://www.thetennischannel.com/vide...ram_erlich.flv