I'm sick of the arguments !!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-28-2002, 10:18 AM   #16
harry_potter

harry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond repute

same here. this board feels so much more friendly and even if u like different players, no one really hates u for doing so. even the tim henman fan teasing is just a lot of fun (yes, i'll admit that i like it actually coz it's kinda funny) and not really mean or nasty. not to mention that every1 has a nicer sense of humour here and aren't easily offended or insulted by something that isn't even meant to be offensive or insulting.

every1 is welcome here even if they r new, unlike on wtaworld where new members r called "newbies" in i've-been-here-longer-than-u-so-i-am-better tones and r critisized for voicing their true opinions. there aren't really many ppl. here (sometimes i'm the only one who seems to be here ) but maybe that's better becoz there's less quarrelling and disagreement.

all i can say is, thanks for creating this board. my signature says it all.

so here's my favourite smiley -
harry_potter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2002, 12:57 PM   #17
Ace Tracker

Ace Tracker has a reputation beyond reputeAce Tracker has a reputation beyond reputeAce Tracker has a reputation beyond reputeAce Tracker has a reputation beyond reputeAce Tracker has a reputation beyond reputeAce Tracker has a reputation beyond reputeAce Tracker has a reputation beyond reputeAce Tracker has a reputation beyond reputeAce Tracker has a reputation beyond reputeAce Tracker has a reputation beyond reputeAce Tracker has a reputation beyond repute

ditto, the GM board in WTAWORLD is out of control sometimes, or should I say, most of the times, but you can still pick out the occasional good thread...ou have to be extremely choosy with the words you use, otherwise shouts of hater, racist, moron, newbie, ignorant and others will pollute your replies...
ATPWORLD is a new venture, and while not too many people post or lurk around, at least we have a quality and respectful crownd...
Ace Tracker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 01:00 PM   #18
saki

saki will become famous soon enough

GM in Wtaworld is alright, really. You can tell from the titles of threads which ones are going to be filled with arguments. I just avoid them & read the interesting stuff/articles. It's a great place to go to for information. It helps that I'm far too laidback to want to argue...
saki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 01:03 PM   #19
eva

eva is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by saki
GM in Wtaworld is alright, really. You can tell from the titles of threads which ones are going to be filled with arguments. I just avoid them & read the interesting stuff/articles. It's a great place to go to for information. It helps that I'm far too laidback to want to argue...

i'm one of the last posters who's gonna argue....
but it bothers me tha
eva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 01:04 PM   #20
eva

eva is on a distinguished road

that for the last few days ,even in threads where you don't expect it,the just turn the whole thing around and around untill they can pick on someone.
eva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 01:07 PM   #21
saki

Yeah, I do know what you mean. But I still think that there's enough interesting tennis stuff in GM to make it worth reading. I'm far too lazy to crawl the internet for all the articles that get posted there, for example.

The ignore feature is pretty useful too.
Old 07-28-2002, 01:08 PM   #22
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

I go to GM to laugh, and can have as many brain farts there as I please, and somehow still sound more intelligent than about 75% of the people in there

Admittedly I go in there just to read "how stupid are people being today?"

Um, and then I add to the trash :cough:

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 01:32 PM   #23
Raven

Raven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with saki

GM on wtaworld is useful for some info...just learn to filter out the trash...and yes there is quite a lot of it.

The ignore feature has come in handy for me.
Raven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 02:59 PM   #24
country flag Angele

Angele has a reputation beyond reputeAngele has a reputation beyond reputeAngele has a reputation beyond reputeAngele has a reputation beyond reputeAngele has a reputation beyond reputeAngele has a reputation beyond reputeAngele has a reputation beyond reputeAngele has a reputation beyond reputeAngele has a reputation beyond reputeAngele has a reputation beyond reputeAngele has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not laid back enough not to argue Although I pick my arguements lol... I'll defend Kimmie to no end of course and sometimes if I'm in a certain mood I'll get pissed off at a comment that somebody made and question that person on it o I'd never start trouble though
Angele is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 03:18 PM   #25
country flag Dissident

Dissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond repute

The big problem there is people are already argument-junkies. Its been like that for some time now. My main interest is ATP, so its fine like this. I keep getting info from there from time to time, but not frequently at all. And its so crowdy and slow too....
Btw, did I ever say WTA GM is evil??

TWENTY!
'97 ROLAND GARROS, '98 Stuttgart, '98 Mallorca, '99 MONTE CARLO, '99 ROMA, '00 Santiago, '00 HAMBURG, '00 ROLAND GARROS, '00 Indianapolis, '00 MASTERS CUP LISBOA, '01 Buenos Aires, '01 Acapulco, '01 MONTE CARLO, '01 ROLAND GARROS, '01 Stuttgart, '01 CINCINNATI, '02 Costa do Sauipe, '03 Auckland, '03 St. Petersburg, '04 Costa do Sauipe.
Dissident is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 03:34 PM   #26
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute

I think, when it comes to women, it's harder to stay friends. Women are the breed of all problems, and that is just the truth. And women themselves--they are never as good of friends as men are. Men don't get in fights over stupid things as easily.
NALBANDIAN --> Benneteau --> Davydenko --> Mathieu -->
TURSUNOV --> Mantilla --> KIEFER --> NADAL -->
Karlovic --> Odesnik --> Stepanek --> Monfils -->
??

Oliver Cromwell lay buried and dead. Hee-haw. Buried and dead.
Gonzo Hates Me! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 03:47 PM   #27
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

WOmen are the breed of all problems?

You are exaggerating right?

I agree with the rest mind you

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 04:04 PM   #28
saki

It's about size more than anything else. WTAworld at the beginning was very like this.
Old 07-28-2002, 06:35 PM   #29
country flag the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be snobs people, and turn up your noses at WTA World! You should head back there to post your insightful thoughts and help make WTA World a better place to be! To be, or not to be? That is the question!

If WTA World is in a downword spiral, how in the world can we stop it? The only way would be to go back to WTA World and bring creativity and thoughtfulnes with you!
Old 07-29-2002, 02:55 AM   #30
Poe

Poe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond repute

saki is right..... any board that reaches that size turns out to be that way and if this one ever gets thousands of members it will be the same here

if you just go for information it's not a problem because you can see clearly which threads have draw and score info, interviews etc.. but if you like to start good conversations about the sport itself that's when it starts to get frustrating because of the amount of people who love to throw in their little comments that they know will stir up shit..... you can ignore it, but not everyone will, so the thread is ruined because of one person