vcharge for repping? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-31-2005, 12:12 AM   #1
country flag liptea

liptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond repute
Default vcharge for repping?

I know there's a Non-Tennis thread about this, I just wanted to ask about something that Gravity said in the thread. Wouldn't it make more sense to leave the daily ban in place and then charge if you go over 10? That just seems like a better way to do it.

Last edited by liptea : 08-31-2005 at 12:16 AM.
liptea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2005, 02:10 AM   #2
country flag gravity

gravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vcharge for repping?

Well one reason for charging vCash is to try and make people think a little more before throwing around as many reps as possible just so they can good rep their best friends all over again.

We have changed all this a little based on feedback.

First of all the fee has been reduced siginificantly. It was insanely high earlier requiring people to make as many as 200 posts a day to earn enough to rep 10 people.

Secondly, if you send a good rep out, the person you are giving positive reputation to will receive a percentage of the fee (the actual amount is shown on screen). If you send negative, that person receives nothing but lost points.

We will also be extending reputations to optionally allow you to donate vCash to your friends in future. So if you've earned hundreds of thousands, you can share a bit around with people you like or feel deserve some extra vCash to spend.

You will be able to do a lot more with vCash in the coming weeks and months ahead.

Pies Descalzos Foundation
gravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:04 AM   #3
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

thanks a lot for the information, I am looking forward to see what will happen with the vCash in the coming weeks/months

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:11 AM   #4
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I have information about all this vcash changes all over different forums and not very clear in most cases.

Why don't the admins set up a thread or whatever in this forum and put all info for vcash here?

There are still posters have absolutely no knowledge of these changes.
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:51 AM   #5
country flag wtn_amanda

wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute

We're still putting together a webpage detailing all aspects of the new members rewards program. The reason we haven't given too much information about all this yet is we're still testing and tweaking the changes on the live site.
wtn_amanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:15 PM   #6
country flag liptea

liptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond repute

thanks.
liptea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:20 PM   #7
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by liptea
I know there's a Non-Tennis thread about this, I just wanted to ask about something that Gravity said in the thread. Wouldn't it make more sense to leave the daily ban in place and then charge if you go over 10? That just seems like a better way to do it.
that's what i think too! 10 free reps, you want to give more? you pay!

or if we pay, we get unlimited reps! It's my vCash I'd like the control on how to spend it please thank you.......if I want to rep away my cash, that my decision right???
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 03:43 PM   #8
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't like to have the reps cost vcash. I like to send people messages that way as well as rep them. Sometimes I read a thread after it is all over and want to say something about a post but it's not worth it to get an arguement started all over again. I can just say a few words to the posters whose posts I liked. Sometimes, after a great win, I like to rep all of a players fans who are around as sort of a high-five.

I don't rep people so I can just rep my "friends" again. Maybe some people do that, but why do you want to put a stop to that? I don't get it.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:14 AM   #9
bad gambler

you are loaded, what are you complaing about?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #10
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

The new stuff SUCKS MORE THEN CROATIANS ON CLAY, how's that for feed back.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:47 PM   #11
country flag gravity

gravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond repute

It must be good if you hate it.

Old 09-07-2005, 12:30 AM   #12
country flag nkhera1

nkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravity
Well one reason for charging vCash is to try and make people think a little more before throwing around as many reps as possible just so they can good rep their best friends all over again.

We have changed all this a little based on feedback.

First of all the fee has been reduced siginificantly. It was insanely high earlier requiring people to make as many as 200 posts a day to earn enough to rep 10 people.

Secondly, if you send a good rep out, the person you are giving positive reputation to will receive a percentage of the fee (the actual amount is shown on screen). If you send negative, that person receives nothing but lost points.

We will also be extending reputations to optionally allow you to donate vCash to your friends in future. So if you've earned hundreds of thousands, you can share a bit around with people you like or feel deserve some extra vCash to spend.

You will be able to do a lot more with vCash in the coming weeks and months ahead.
Is there anything you can spend your vCash on besides betting and repping?

I guess Roddick must be the greatest player to ever play the game.
nkhera1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:06 AM   #13
country flag gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhera1
Is there anything you can spend your vCash on besides betting and repping?
Not at the moment but in the future yes

Old 09-07-2005, 03:14 AM   #14
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Not that it matters, since it was only an internet game anyways... but all of these silly charges and ways of earning more vcash that have nothing to do with the game itself are... ridiculous. They eliminate the point. I'll still play, because I'm bored a lot, I'm just saying. This is all absolutely absurd.

While charging for reps may help stop some people from "abusing" the rep system (and honestly, who cares if people do? Reputation is a silly feature anyways, that should not be taken seriously), giving money for posts, blogs, etc. is just encouraging people to post more useless posts, and potentially spam in the hopes of upping their vcash.

Then again, I suppose that gives you guys more page views, which means more ad views.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:41 AM   #15
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

I still dont understand it

do i get points for starting a thread?

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote