Los Angeles - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2003, 06:43 PM   #1
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Los Angeles

This news is from www.theguyfromrussia.com :

22/7/03 Marat leaves for LA on the 23rd July to start the US season with Denis.

"He needs to build up his confidence once again in order for him to start winning again," Golovanov said.

"We'll just have to wait and see how it goes but if he is lucky enough to put together a good winning streak in America then he may prepare himself for a good run at the U.S. Open.

"The season is definitely not over yet and Marat feels that there is still time for him to do well this year," he added.

The countdown begins... We all waited so long for this, Marat will be finally back, HEALTHY

Go Go Go Marat!
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2003, 10:37 PM   #2
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Los Angeles

Here's another article from tennisweek.

Safin Sets Sights On Los Angeles Return Next Week

By Richard Pagliaro
07/23/2003

Marat Safin has played many parts in his six-year career. The 23-year-old Russian has been a Grand Slam champion, a world No. 1, the leader of a Davis Cup champion, a temperamental terror, a racquet demolition expert, an underachiever and an injury-prone player. Next week, Safin will arrive in Los Angeles ready to take on a new role — a comeback competitor.

Absent from the ATP Tour for more than two months due to an assortment of injuries, Safin has set his sights on his return to tournament tennis at the $380,000 Mercedes-Benz Cup at the Los Angeles Tennis Center on the campus of UCLA.

"It has been a difficult year for Marat so far," Safin's coach Denis Golovanov told Reuters writer Gennady Fyodorov today. "But we think he has recovered well enough to start playing again. He has been practicing for the past week in Moscow and tomorrow we'll fly out to Los Angeles."

The 2000 U.S. Open champion will be making his first ATP appearance since since falling to Franco Squillari in the opening round of the Valencia tournament on April 28th. Prior to that loss, Safin looked sharp in scoring a 6-4, 6-3 semifinal victory over Juan Carlos Ferrero on the red clay of Barcelona only to retire from the final citing fatigue while trailing Carlos Moya two sets to one.

Safin, who has posted a 12-6 record this season, withdrew from Roland Garros and Wimbledon with wrist and hand injuries.

Widely regarded as one of the most talented players in tennis, the six-foot-four Safin started the 2002 season strong by advancing the the Australian Open final and followed that performance with a semifinal appearance at Roland Garros. Since then, Safin has slumped in Slams. He exited in the second round of both Wimbledon and the U.S. Open last year and withdrew from his third-round match with Rainer Schuettler at the Australian Open in January due to the wrist injury.

Since then, one of Safin's best showings in a big event came at the Pacific Life Open at Indian Wells where he reached the fourth round and was weakened by a flu-like virus in suffering the worst defeat of his career, a 6-0, 6-1 setback to Robby Ginepri. He followed that performance with a shocking 7-6(9), 7-5 second-round setback to 30-year-old Italian Davide Sanguinetti at the Nasdaq-100 Open in Key Biscayne.

The enigmatic Safin's schizophrenic game sometimes suffers from such wild mood swings it would seem to require counseling rather than coaching. His coach is hoping Safin can string a series of wins together to regain the confidence he showed during a 2000 season that saw him capture an ATP-best seven tournament titles, including a dazzling display of championship tennis in crushing Pete Sampras to capture the U.S. Open crown as he became the youngest man to finish No. 2 since a 19-year-old Boris Becker in 1986.

Since that sustained season of brilliance, Safin has won exactly three titles in 30 months.

"He needs to build up his confidence once again in order for him to start winning again," Golovanov told Reuters." We'll just have to wait and see how it goes, but if he is lucky enough to put together a good winning streak in America then he may prepare himself for a good run at the U.S. Open. The season is definitely not over yet and Marat feels that there is still time for him to do well this year."
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Jessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 10:44 PM   #3
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute

WOOHOO! 6 more days until Marat plays again!
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Old 07-23-2003, 11:36 AM   #4
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

yippiiieeeee
Old 07-23-2003, 12:52 PM   #5
maratgirl

maratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond repute

yeah Marat kick some butt in LA
"And how to say this one? The Russian one, doesn't have a bad one also. What is his name, the young one, the tall one? This guy, you know (laughter)? The one not playing too bad. He beat once Sampras in the finals of US Open. Do you know him (laughter)? Safin, maybe Safin? I mean, I don't know, I consider myself I don't have a bad backhand. Not super, but I'm working on it."

VAMOS

Marat&Rafa
* a little bit more 4 marat because he needs it *
maratgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 06:16 PM   #6
King Aaron

King Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeKing Aaron has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck there Marat.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:27 PM   #7
country flag snoop

snoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond repute

Udachi Marat
snoop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 06:48 AM   #8
kazblah

kazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Marat!
Old 07-25-2003, 07:34 AM   #9
country flag Jessi

Go Marat!
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 07-25-2003, 08:17 AM   #10
maratgirl

maratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond repute

LOL
"And how to say this one? The Russian one, doesn't have a bad one also. What is his name, the young one, the tall one? This guy, you know (laughter)? The one not playing too bad. He beat once Sampras in the finals of US Open. Do you know him (laughter)? Safin, maybe Safin? I mean, I don't know, I consider myself I don't have a bad backhand. Not super, but I'm working on it."

VAMOS

Marat&Rafa
* a little bit more 4 marat because he needs it *
maratgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 08:28 AM   #11
Lena

Lena is on a distinguished road

Hi !
I'm a new member and i love Marat .
Go MARAT !!!!!!!!

-----------------

MARAT YOU ARE THE BEST AND THE MOST BAD CHARACTER but it's for that i love you

Lena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 08:35 AM   #12
country flag Jessi

Hi Lena. Welcome.

in your sig you say Marat has the most bad character. What do you mean? I think Marat has a great character. Bad character to me is Lleyton Hewitt.
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 07-25-2003, 08:37 AM   #13
country flag Jessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratgirl
LOL
you like?

v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 07-25-2003, 08:55 AM   #14
Lena

Thanks !!
I think he has a bad character but not in the bad meaning , because he show his emotions and sometimes he is angry or happy too .
He do the show during a match and it's for that i like him .
But i'm sure that in the life , he has a great character .

-----------------

Old 07-25-2003, 08:58 AM   #15
Lena

Sorry if my english is very bad !!
For me a very bad character that i dislike , is Hewitt .
And Rios too .

-----------------