Arrested Development - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Nr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arrested Development

I am really into TV series (done a thread on The Wire already for example) and this is a series that IMHO is unique. It's simply the funniest and especially the most intelligent comic series ever made. Storytelling is so innovative and clever, the jokes so smart and fresh. The amount of subtle jokes is incredible, you have to watch the whole series at least twice to get them all. In addition to this there are some genius running gags and the ensemble cast is about the best you'll see.

You have to watch a few episodes to get just its style, but once you're hooked you cannot stop watching as the jokes keep on flying around your head.

It was cancelled in 2006 after 3 seasons, but last month a fourth season was at last releases on Netflix, after an overwhelming amount of pressure from a select fanbase.

Other fans here? To those Who haven't seen it I say: go watch it!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
DAVID GOFFIN - NOVAK DJOKOVIC
MILOS RAONIC - JERZY JANOWICZ
STANISLAS WAWRINKA - JOHN ISNER

Last edited by Nr 1 Fan : 06-15-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Nr 1 Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Nr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Title should be 'Arrested Development' of course, I'll edit it as soon as I get to my laptop.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
Old 06-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrested Developement

Watched the first 3 seasons ages ago. First 2 were amazing but 3rd was average.

I've heard the 4th is good though so I'll get Netflix again soon to watch it.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

First three seasons are my favourite show ever.

Not so sure about the 4th season because it seems like they drastically changed the concept. The best thing about the show was the banter and awkwardness/open hostility between the family members. By having each of them have their own storyline (yes, they intertwine in quite a clever way, but the characters themselves don't have that much screen time together) they kind of destroyed that dynamic. Not saying season 4 was not good, just not quite up to the very high standard set by the first 3. Also, not enough Buster.

The George-Michael - Michael storyline was the best. The George Senior Mexican stuff was somewhat boring.

Pistol Pete

Last edited by MichaelKrep : 06-15-2013 at 05:27 PM.
MichaelKrep is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKrep View Post
First three seasons are my favourite show ever.

Not so sure about the 4th season because it seems like they drastically changed the concept. The best thing about the show was the banter and awkwardness/open hostility between the family members. By having each of them have their own storyline (yes, they intertwine in quite a clever way, but the characters themselves don't have that much screen time together) they kind of destroyed that dynamic. Not saying season 4 was not good, just not quite up to the very high standard set by the first 3. Also, not enough Buster.

The George-Michael - Michael storyline was the best. The George Senior Mexican stuff was somewhat boring.
Still have to see the 4th season but opinions seem to be strongly divided on it. I think it's very ambitious to try and tell the story this way and if anyone can pull it off, it's them.
What I liked about the first 3 seasons is the gigantic amount of recurring jokes, references to things in earlier episodes and other subtilities so I hope they have kept those intact.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
Old 06-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #6
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr 1 Fan View Post
Still have to see the 4th season but opinions seem to be strongly divided on it. I think it's very ambitious to try and tell the story this way and if anyone can pull it off, it's them.
What I liked about the first 3 seasons is the gigantic amount of recurring jokes, references to things in earlier episodes and other subtilities so I hope they have kept those intact.
There is a huge amount of hidden jokes and references to the old seasons. Don't get me wrong, it's still amazing comedy with loads of laugh-out-loud moments and super clever stuff, maybe I just couldn't adjust to the new way of telling the story.

Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Watched the first 3 seasons ages ago. First 2 were amazing but 3rd was average.
Yes.

First two seasons are more than amazing.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote