Top 100 WTA Fan's Favorites AND Least liked - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-08-2004, 04:07 PM   #1
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Top 100 WTA Fan's Favorites AND Least liked

Hey all

Although I am a member here, I mainly post on MTF. There, I started the threads "Top 100 Fan's Favorites" and "Top 100 Fan's Least Liked / Most Hated Players". They were very successfull and even had their own spin-off: "Top 100 Fan's Favorites of all times". Now, in my opinion, it is time to move these threads to WTAworld too. I think it might be handier to combine both threads in one thread. So, if you want to participate, please mention your ten (this is the maximum, a smaller number will do too) favourite WTA players AND your 10 least favourite or most hated WTA players. Please do mention carefully which category the lists belong to.

This, for you fans, is the time to be satanic towards some of those players on the Tour (and I know how a lot of you, me included , like to moan, shout and whine ).

If you want to participate in this vote, then please make sure that you obey these guidelines:

- Please only name active and female players. If a player is no longer active on the Tour, she will not be included in the list. A player that is not active due to, for instance, injuries, however, can of course be included. If it is doubtful whether a player is still active or not, you can mention his name.

- You can mention a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 10 names (the latter is highly appreciated by me, as it will make making up a top 100 easier).

- The points system works as follows: the player you (dis)like or hate most, or the player you like least, will be given 10 points. The number two on your list will receive nine points, and so on.

- If there are multiple well-known players on the Tour, please don't just mention the surname, but also the first name. On the ATP Tour, Martin can, for instance, mean Todd Martin, but also Alberto Martín. Solely naming a surname can cause serious confusion here

- Only mention one player per spot. If you cannot decide, just flip a coin

- Participating in this vote is possible in two ways:
--> 1. Submit your list to this thread. If you want to change something in your list, please submit a new post stating that your earlier vote has changed.
--> 2. Send me a private message with your list.

- If you want to, you can clarify why you voted for certain players. This is the ultimate time to vent your spleen!

OK That is it! Enjoy voting, everyone!

-------
Martijn

P.S.: This thread is also posted on WTAworld.com; results will be posted on both sites.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2004, 04:53 PM   #2
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top 100 WTA Fan's Favorites AND Least liked

Liked
1. Jelena Dokic
2. Anna Kounikova
3. Monica Seles
4. Venus Williams
5. Mary Pierce
6. Nadia Petrova
7. Lindsay Davenport
8. Barbara Schett
9. Kim Clijsters
10. Anastasia Myskina

Disliked (I only really dislike Christine, while the others are sort of for me)
1. Christine henin-Hardenne
2. Maria Sharapova
3. Serena Williams (but like to watch her play tennis, but her attitude:retard: )
4. Daniela Hantuchova
5. Lisa Raymond
6. Franchesca Schiavone
7. Jennifer Capriati
8. Meghann Shaughnessy
9. Ashley Harkleroad
10. Vera Zvonareva

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 05:02 PM   #3
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

Most favorite:

Steffi Graf is my all time 1#, but as she is retired...

1. Dinara Safina
2. Monica Seles
3. Barbara Schett
4. Elena Bovina
5. Tatiana Golovin
6. Vera Zvonareva
7. Lindsay Davenport
8. Nadia Petrova
9. Patty Schnyder
10. Barbora Strycova

Least Favorite:

1. Justine H-H
2. Conchita Martinez
3. Maggie Maleeva
4. Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi
5. Daniela Hantuchova
6. Francesca Schiavone
7. Henrieta Nagyova

Last edited by Knuddel : 04-10-2004 at 01:39 PM.
Shadow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 05:13 PM   #4
country flag TennisLurker

TennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know enough wta active players to make a top ten like dislike list.
We only get 4 or 5 wta matches during the slams.

I like

Mauresmo
Capriati
Justine
kuznetsova
Conchita (moonballs!!)
M Maleeva
and the greek girl danilisomething

I dislike
the willaims sisters
clijsters
davenport

and I also dislike blonde russian baseliners with two handed backhands who hit the ball flat and hard and make unforced errors all over the court.

Good luck to:

Gaudio, Murray, Florian Mayer, Chela, Nalbandian, Radek Stepanek, Volandri, Youzhny and Verdasco.

NICOLAS ALMAGRO IS AN EXOTIC BEAUTY
TennisLurker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 05:22 PM   #5
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

that's Dementieva. the cheap serves that are sliced around the 50 mph range and are directed towards people's forehand? that's Elena Dementieva all right

Old 04-08-2004, 05:22 PM   #6
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

me like:

Monica Seles
Lindsay
Kimmy
Emmanuelle Gagliardi
Patty Schnyder
Eleni Daniilidou
Paola Suarez
Amelie Mauresmo
Cara Black
and that old girl, Navratilova.

me no like:

Jelena Dokic
Anna Hournikova
Capriati
Hingis (her play was ok, just didn't like her attitude)
Dementieva
Henin-Hard (used to like her)
Alexandra Stevenson

indifferent to : the Williams Sistahs

FRENCH KISS

Last edited by Mrs. B : 04-08-2004 at 05:43 PM.
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 05:34 PM   #7
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lets follow the rules shall we? its a max of 10 for both liked and disliked. im afraid you have too many liked players

Old 04-08-2004, 05:55 PM   #8
country flag BNO

BNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond repute

Liked:
1. Justine Henin-Hardenne
2. Martina Hingis
3. Nathalie Dechy
4. Amélie Mauresmo
5. Dinara Safina

Disliked:
1. Kim Clijsters
2. Sabine Appelmans
3. Els Callens
4. Serena Williams
5. Jennifer Capriati

Last edited by BNO : 04-08-2004 at 05:57 PM.
BNO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:59 PM   #9
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

Fave ones: Just 5

1) Martina Hingis
2) Elena Dementieva
3) Justine Henin-Hardenne
4) Barbara Schett
5) Gisella Dulko
6) Dinara Safina

Least liked:

1) Clijsters
2) Serena
3) Venus
4) Sharapova
Old 04-09-2004, 12:39 AM   #10
country flag Yonge

Yonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond repute

10 Faves:

1.) Capriati
2.) Serena
3.) Clijsters
4.) Hantuchova
5.) Davenport
6.) Seles
7.) Sharapova
8.) Pierce
9.) Dokic
10.) Mauresmo

Least Liked:

1.) Majoli
2.) Mashona Washington
3.) Stevenson (i liked her before, but i'm just so frustrated with her right now)
Yonge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:58 AM   #11
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your votes. Keep voting! I am busy getting all the votes and calculating them (also the ATP Least Liked) at the moment.

I am sorry, but you cannot name Martina Hingis. She would be my #1 too, but unfortunately she quit..

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:37 PM   #12
User ID 4783

User ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond repute

Most liked:
1. V. Williams
2. Mauresmo
3. Zvonareva
4. Safina
5. S. Williams
6. Rubin
7. Dechy
8. Dementieva
9. Clijsters
10. Pierce

Least liked:
1. Henin-Hardenne
2. Kournikova
3. Sugiyama
4. Capriati
5. Dokic
6. Maleeva
7. Smashnova Pistolesi
8. Petrova
9. Harkleroad
10. Sharapova
User ID 4783 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:43 PM   #13
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Most Liked
1KUZNETSOVA, SVETLANA
2WILLIAMS, SERENA
3MYSKINA, ANASTASIA
4HANTUCHOVA, DANIELA
5SAFINA, DINARA
6- SHARAPOVA, MARIA

Least Liked
1- HENIN-HARDENNE, JUSTINE (I like her game alot, but not her as a person)
2- RUBIN, CHANDA
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 03:59 PM   #14
country flag Balaenopteramusculus

Balaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond repute

my faves
Justine Henin-Hardenne
Amelie Mauresmo
Marta Domachowska
Lindsay Davenport
Dinara Safina
Daniela Hantuchova
Monica Seles
Sveta Kuznetsova
Daja Bedanova
Anna Kournikova

Hingis being an ultimate fave

Last edited by Balaenopteramusculus : 04-10-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Balaenopteramusculus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:39 PM   #15
country flag shogun

shogun is on a distinguished road

Favorites
1. Hingis
2. Dokic
3. Dementieva
3. Krasnarotskya
4. Henin
5. Schett