World Group play-off: Belgium vs. Ukraine [in Estonia] (September 12-14, 2014) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute
Default World Group play-off: Belgium vs. Ukraine [in Estonia] (September 12-14, 2014)

http://www.daviscup.com/en/draws-res...ieId=100021098
Ukraine vs. Belgium
World Group Play-Off
Date: 12 Sep-14 Sep 2014
Venue: Tere Tennis Centre, Tallinn, Estonia
Start times:
Day 1: 1600 hrs (1300 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1500 hrs (1200 hrs GMT)
Day 3: 1300 hrs (1000 hrs GMT)
Surface: Hard (Plexipave), Indoor
Ball: Wilson US Open Extra Duty

http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/182440.aspx
Quote:
Decision of the ITF Board of Directors regarding Davis Cup venue for Ukraine v Belgium

The ITF Board of Directors has upheld the appeal of the Belgian Tennis Federation against the decision of the Davis Cup Committee to confirm Kiev as the venue for the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group play-off tie between Ukraine and Belgium on 12-14 September. The tie will no longer be played in Ukraine.

The Board noted that the original decision by the Davis Cup Committee had not been unanimous; and that while the recent political unrest had occurred in eastern Ukraine, a disturbance in Kiev’s Independence Square as recently as last Thursday indicated that the security situation there was fluid.

Ukraine now has the option to nominate a neutral venue. As per Davis Cup Regulations 27e (i), (ii) (a), (ii) (b):

If Ukraine chooses to play in a neutral venue, the Ukrainian Tennis Federation has five working days to file a full completed application to the Davis Cup Committee for approval. Ukraine will be considered the home nation for the purposes of the conduct and financial arrangements of this tie and shall have the right to choice of ball and the surface of the court.

If Ukraine does not choose to play in a neutral venue, the Davis Cup Committee has the right to decide that the tie be held on a neutral ground or in Belgium.

If the Committee’s decision is to play on a neutral ground, both nations shall be considered visiting nations for the purposes of the conduct and financial arrangements for this tie. However, Ukraine would lose its turn in the choice of ground rotation. If the Committee decides to play in Belgium, then the Belgian Tennis Federation would be responsible for the conduct and financial arrangements of the tie, including the choice of surface and ball. Ukraine would then have choice of ground for the next two meetings with Belgium.
Belgium leads Ukraine 2-0

Last meeting:
2009 World Group Play-Off: Belgium d. Ukraine (in Belgium) 3-2

Last edited by smucav : 09-02-2014 at 05:42 PM.
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Group play-off: Belgium vs. Ukraine (September 12-14, 2014)

http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/182859.aspx
Quote:
19 Aug 2014
Ukraine versus Belgium to be held in Tallinn
NEWS ARTICLE

The ITF has announced that the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group play-off tie between Ukraine and Belgium will be hosted by the Ukrainian Tennis Federation at the Tere Tennis Centre in Tallinn, Estonia on 12-14 September.

The neutral venue was proposed by the Ukrainian Tennis Federation, who retained choice of ground after the tie was unable to be staged in Ukraine. The venue has been approved by the Davis Cup Committee. The tie will be played on indoor hard court.

The Tere Tennis Centre successfully hosted Fed Cup Europe/Africa Zone Group III with 12 nations competing from 5-8 February. The centre most recently hosted Davis Cup action in February 2012 with Estonia defeating Luxembourg 5-0.

This is only the third meeting between the two nations, with Belgium holding a 2-0 advantage. The sides last met in 2009 with Belgium securing a narrow 3-2 World Group Play-off victory in Charleroi. Belgium is looking to retain its place in the World Group for the third successive year, while Ukraine is looking to earn World Group status for the first time.

A total of eight World Group play-off ties will be held on 12-14 September, alongside the two World Group semifinals between France and Czech Republic in Paris, and Switzerland and Italy in Geneva.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
country flag smucav

Default Re: World Group play-off: Belgium vs. Ukraine [in Estonia] (September 12-14, 2014)

The ITF has announced the official team nominations for the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group semifinals, World Group play-offs and Zone Group ties taking place on 12-14 September.

UKRAINE v BELGIUM
Venue: Tere Tennis Centre, Tallinn, EST (hard – indoor)

Ukraine
Sergiy Stakhovsky
Illya Marchenko
Denys Molchanov
Sergei Bubka
Captain: Mikhail Filima

Belgium
David Goffin
Ruben Bemelmans
Steve Darcis
Olivier Rochus
Captain: Johan van Herck
Old 09-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
country flag Cazorla

Cazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Group play-off: Belgium vs. Ukraine [in Estonia] (September 12-14, 2014)

Go Ukraine!

Pick-A-Winner
Marseille'13
Nice'13

Cazorla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
country flag SKozak

SKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond repute

R1 S. STAKHOVSKY v S. DARCIS
R2 I. MARCHENKO v D. GOFFIN
R3 S. BUBKA / D. MOLCHANOV v R. BEMELMANS / S. DARCIS
R4 S. STAKHOVSKY v D. GOFFIN
R5 I. MARCHENKO v S. DARCIS
SKozak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
country flag smucav

The ITF has announced the draws for the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group semifinals, World Group play-offs and Zone Group ties taking place on 12-14 September.

UKRAINE v BELGIUM
Venue: Tere Tennis Centre, Tallinn, EST (hard – indoor)

Sergiy Stakhovsky (UKR) v Steve Darcis (BEL)
Illya Marchenko (UKR) v David Goffin (BEL)
Sergei Bubka/Denys Molchanov (UKR) v Ruben Bemelmans/Olivier Rochus (BEL)
Sergiy Stakhovsky (UKR) v David Goffin (BEL)
Illya Marchenko (UKR) v Steve Darcis (BEL)
Old 09-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
country flag SKozak

SKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond repute

R1 S. STAKHOVSKY v S. DARCIS 6-7(5) 6-4 6-2 1*-0
Old 09-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #8
country flag SKozak

R1 S. STAKHOVSKY d. S. DARCIS 6-7(5) 6-4 6-2 6-2
Old 09-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #9
country flag SKozak

R2 D. GOFFIN vs I. MARCHENKO 7-6(1) 6-3 3-1*
Old 09-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #10
country flag SKozak

R2 D. GOFFIN d. I. MARCHENKO 7-6(1) 6-3 6-1

Ukraine vs Belgium 1-1
Old 09-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #11
country flag Rumblingbelly

Rumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles players updated on the daviscup livescoreboard:
Stakhovksy/Bubka vs Bemelmans/Rochus
Rumblingbelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:03 PM   #12
country flag SKozak

R3 S. STAKHOVSKY / S. BUBKA vs R. BEMELMANS / O. ROCHUS 2-6 3-6 6-2 6-3 2-4*
Old 09-13-2014, 04:12 PM   #13
country flag SKozak

R3 R. BEMELMANS / O. ROCHUS d. S. STAKHOVSKY / S. BUBKA 6-2 6-3 2-6 3-6 6-2
Ukraine vs Belgium 1-2
Old 09-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #14
country flag SKozak

R4 D. GOFFIN d. S. STAKHOVSKY 6-3 6-1 6-2
Ukraine vs Belgium 1-3
Old 09-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #15
country flag Redaftw

Redaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond repute

Goffin was merciless in this tie. How many breaks did he get in 6 sets?? I think Stakhovsky's only holds today were to 40.
Redaftw is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote