For all the headcases of MTF.... the KIWIfans chat thread! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-27-2005, 12:28 AM   #16
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI FANS UNITE!!! (chat thread about whatever)

Hello Nicky, nice to hear especially from you since you hardly said something before. But of course I already read your posts in Kiwi's guestbook. But congrats for your official berth here! Just post when you feel comfortable and if you are in the mood to do so and it will be fine I think

Most interesting of your post was because I wondered "wow, she was in Germany and that's how she 'discovered' Kiwi". How did that happen? Did you see him playing on TV or reading a German tennis magazine? Maybe you can explain that a bit more in detail, I'm curious for it

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2005, 12:38 AM   #17
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
I hope its not either. It's no so bad right now if you take away the pain, like its not too bad swollen yet, but its supposed to bruise and get worse by tomorrow. I feel like I got plastic surgery, but not the hott outcome. :P I feel like I went in JUST TO SEE what it feels like to get plastic surgery :P
Damn Mary, I hope they have been not too cruel and brutal to you... or else they would have to deal with me

I hope you only feel like getting a light and easy plastic surgery, and not like one where the surgeon works with hammer, chisel, saw and rasp on your bones. Damn, if you don't feel completely destroyed after something like THAT I hope you get as well as possible for you under your current circumstances over the next few days *bolster*

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 08-27-2005 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:33 AM   #18
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Damn Mary, I hope they have been not too cruel and brutal to you... or else they would have to deal with me

I hope you only feel like getting a light and easy plastic surgery, and not like one where the surgeon works with hammer, chisel, saw and rasp on your bones. Damn, if you don't feel completely destroyed after something like THAT I hope you get as well as possible for you under your current circumstances over the next few days *bolster*

I know he is scared of you coming after him I'll have to let him know you're my new bodyguard

I hope it is going to only get better, but I'm prepping for things getting worse. Eh. Such is life.

How is your vacation from university going?
Old 08-27-2005, 01:51 AM   #19
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mary,I'm glad to see that you are still alive..lol.Somehow,i'm pretty sure that next year we will find a way to finally meet in person.I,m an adorable person,just ask Karen! lol.Ok,I,m a mentalcase as well especially when Nicolas is playing in front of me...it is not pretty.

I am SO sorry Nicky..it is Silver..I was thinking about the model..lol.See can't even read english now.I am half french canadian and half italian.I gave Nicolas a cap saying Germany on it,for the World cup.He promised to wear it.They were started to argue about who would win and I told him:I'Ll think about you crying with that cap on when you,ll watch the Italians win the cup..and he said..yeah yeah yeah,I don,t think so! lol.I just love to piss him off.lol.

BUT,like he said,he has a plan.For a week Karen and I were trying to figure out the "plan".lol.And he was smiling all week long,being happy..maybe that IS the plan.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 01:58 AM   #20
country flag dylanny@bway.net

dylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Hello Nicky, nice to hear especially from you since you hardly said something before. But of course I already read your posts in Kiwi's guestbook. But congrats for your official berth here! Just post when you feel comfortable and if you are in the mood to do so and it will be fine I think

Most interesting of your post was because I wondered "wow, she was in Germany and that's how she 'discovered' Kiwi". How did that happen? Did you see him playing on TV or reading a German tennis magazine? Maybe you can explain that a bit more in detail, I'm curious for it
I was so confused..... cause I'm a "he!" (Perhaps that's why I've never posted here. I think I am the only man!) I was in Dotmund for a production of a play of mine, "Pterodactyls" (for some reason I am VERY popolar in the German language market-- and the Scandinavian market) and I was watching TV and saw Kiwi playing. This is YEARS ago and, although I'd been a tennis fan, I hadn't seen him yet. And I became a fan. It's not, I fear, such an interesting story really.

Since I write for a living, I have periods where I am INSANELY busy and long periods where I can fill my days watching the numbers change on the internet scoreboards. That's why I'm so aggrivated that I have to go to LA for a couple of days during the open. It's not so bad that I have to have meetings. I've managed to schedule them in the morning, so with the time difference, I can be back at the hotel for most of the play. But, I'll be stuck in the air for two days (going & comming).

Mind you, I wouldn't go to the open anyway. First of all, the matches go on for hours and that's WAY to long for me to go without a cigarette! (sad, I
know). Bad enough I can't smoke on planes. And secondly I need to see what's happening on ALL the courts. I need to be home, in my office, pacing and smoking and cursing (my dog finds this most amusing). And, even if I did go, as I said, I don't think I'd approach Mr. Kiefer. First of all, I fear he'd find it an intrusion. Secondly, I work with well-known actors all the time and I feel like I've learned to lay low. thirdly, as I said, I named the family in a TV show I wrote last year "Keefer." Well, I sent Mr. K a copy, when he was in Halle. And, well, now I think, he might think I'm well, nuts. (To be honest, you have to name them something. And you know every name you submit is run through a legal department. The central characters name was originally "Calvin Collins," but there is, it seems a "Calvin Collins" living in Philadelphia, where the show was set. So the legal department tells you you must come up with a new name. Obviously, I wanted an alliterative name, so I went with Calvin Keefer-- there is, it seems, no one named Calvin Keefer in Philadelphia.

Is any of this remotely interesting?
Nicky Silver
dylanny@bway.net is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 01:58 AM   #21

dylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond reputedylanny@bway.net has a reputation beyond repute

I meant to say I was in Dortmund. I wish I could either type OR spell. (Sad really.)
Old 08-27-2005, 02:10 AM   #22
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

You know I,m pretty sure that most of us on the board thought that you were a "she".But who cares really? I don't.I have a friend who is a guy he hgave Nicolas a CD rom with pics of him that he took and Nicolas was happy.Ok,i was next to him but still.Look,if you don't want to approach him,that is fine.I just can,t stay away..LOL.I just saw you personal website i LOVE that first pic of him.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:15 AM   #23

The site is VERY embarassing! I no longer remember how to do it! (I get it free and did that a long time ago!) There must be something better if you google me than that!!

Mind you, I would have gone to that charity thing this week, had I known about it!
Old 08-27-2005, 02:23 AM   #24
country flag kiwiteami

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanny@bway.net
The site is VERY embarassing! I no longer remember how to do it! (I get it free and did that a long time ago!) There must be something better if you google me than that!!

Mind you, I would have gone to that charity thing this week, had I known about it!

What are you talking about it? I loved it.But that pic is like .I want his hair longer..like that,the rebel look.I know that Karen won't agree with that..lol.

Yes the charity even,I would of said..I don,t want the food but the guy cooking it..or serving it! lol.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:26 AM   #25

I just meant tthat home page is embarassing.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:39 AM   #26
country flag Neely
-

Sorry for this mistake Nicky, thinking that you were female I actually had no clue it was used as a male name because I know it from German only for females (Nicky, Nici, Niki... in any variations) and therefore I thought you are female

But don't be afraid of us all You are so far (and I don't try to claim getting everything correctly *g*) only the 3rd male regular Kiwi fan here, the other ones I'm aware of are kfh_9118 and JMG. I know we girls can be very crazy, but I hope you can still bear us sometimes

Your story watching Kiwi for the first time is still an interesting one. So many coincidences coming together.... you in Germany, you watching foreign TV, watching a tennis match and it was even Kiwi playing there... you becoming a fan If that's not good enough!

Old 08-27-2005, 02:48 AM   #27

Don't worry about it "Nicky" is pretty common as short for Nicholas here, really. (Although it's not my real name it's what I have ALWAYS been called.) Interestingly, most Nickys are either Greek, Italian or British. Since "Silver" is my last name, and that's Jewish, I am, I'm pretty sure just about the only "Nicky Silver" there is. (An odd cross ethnic combination.) I mean I've searched. You are in Germany? Where? (I've had productions in Berlin, Dortmund, Cologne, Vienna....hmm, can't remember where else right now.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:51 AM   #28

PS. I know Vienna is NOT in Germany
(My great grandmother was Austrian) But it's the German language market.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:06 AM   #29
country flag Neely
-

No, I'm most of the time located in Innsbruck, Austria. But originally I'm coming from nearby Munich. And don't worry about your crazy habits of staying up late for following tennis matches in front of the scoreboard when there is a big time difference for tournaments played somewhere else, like in Europe or so. Most of us are doing the same if their time allows them to do so and I'm especially crazy because I like that American sport basketball a lot; so much that I even follow scores of some games (that often take place at night my time) on the internet when they are not shown on TV here (which is too rare)

Last edited by Neely : 08-27-2005 at 03:08 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:16 AM   #30

I haven't been to Innsbrook, but Vienna was very beautiful. The theater as old and gigantic and the hotel (Shwartzen-something) was VERY glamorous! I didn't like the production too much, but I had a lovely time.