For all the headcases of MTF.... the KIWIfans chat thread! - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-08-2006, 09:32 PM   #136
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the "CHEF KIWI is busy in the kitchen making BAGELS!!!" chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Hey Mary!
The withdrawals suck, but maybe you can watch Nadal in the final at least
We're hoping for a Nadal/Federer final.

Originally I was hoping for Nadal/Roddick, but since Andy's gone I wanna see the rivalry
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2006, 01:16 PM   #137
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi co-commentated Agassi's match yesternight with Matthias Stach on Eurosport Germany. I fell asleep at the beginning of the third set, but I will watch the part I overslept just because of Kiwi to hear what he said

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:35 PM   #138
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kiwi co-commentated Agassi's match yesternight with Matthias Stach on Eurosport Germany. I fell asleep at the beginning of the third set, but I will watch the part I overslept just because of Kiwi to hear what he said
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
He must have been reading our MSN conversation from Tuesday because you said all you wanted was for him to go out to NYC to commentate for Eurosport & I said I just wanted him to come out here to meet me and we both got our wishes!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:47 PM   #139
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

haha yes, I'm very serious BTW

Great to see and hear Kiwi at least!
Of course he rooted for Agassi the whole match He did not try to show it too much, but he was a bit crazy about Andre and often when Pavel had great shots or saved critical situations he became silent At some point Pavel showed an incredible backhand longline winner and Kiwi did not comment it despite Stach hoped he would say something; then he prompted him "come on, that was a great show now" and Kiwi finally said something

And they did a few interviews with Kiwi on the US Open grounds. I saw two so far and in one he talked about certain players and gave some little insight how he sees them and what's happening in the locker room when they are playing in the other Stach and him were standing in front of the cashier's window for the prize money and Kiwi talked about taxes and other commissions of the players' prize money they earn.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 08-29-2006, 10:49 PM   #140
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

Theres also one where they're first talking over the phone. You can watch it on Eurosport.de
He even has his own "Kiwi and the city" column on the ES site.

Yeah, it was great to have him as Co-Commentator for the Agassi match. Before the begining of the match, he talked to Agassi and Andre asked him how the healing process was going. Andre also asked Kiwi, if he could lend him his legs.

In the match there was a similar scene to the one Neely described above: one rally where Pavel played a great drop shot. Agassi got to it but didnt manage to play the ball over the net, so Kiwi was clearly disappointed and his reaction was: "Aaah, that was Agassis point." Stach said what Neely already quoted.

Kiwi wrote in his colum that he was deeply moved. After the match was over, he went to Agassi to say bye (Kiwi will return to Germany on Wednesday) and Agassi told him to pay him a visit sometime in Las Vegas to do something about the H2H (Kiefer is 0:6 against Agassi).

Last edited by Four:Love : 08-29-2006 at 10:57 PM.
Yappa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:40 PM   #141
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Aww that is sweet!!!!!!!!

Hopefully there will be more videos of all of this soon for us to see!!!!!!

Thank you guys for the reports!!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:50 PM   #142
country flag Neely
-

Thanks for the hint that Kiwi has a column on the Eurosport site, I did not notice it because I hardly go there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four:Love
Kiwi wrote in his colum that he was deeply moved. After the match was over, he went to Agassi to say bye (Kiwi will return to Germany on Wednesday) and Agassi told him to pay him a visit sometime in Las Vegas to do something about the H2H (Kiefer is 0:6 against Agassi).
LOL, great!
But the most hilarious thing was that at some time during the match Stach asked him "BTW, what's your h2h against Andre?" and Kiwi said "I don't know, something like 0-2 or 0-3" !!!!!

I did not buy THAT!

1) I don't believe that Stach did not know what the real h2h was (at least he knew it must have been much higher than that). I think he wanted to be polite and not inquiry him further on that subject

2) I don't believe that Kiwi does not know it's 0-6 against him?! Can a player really be that wrong forgetting about half the matches they played? Or was it a blackout because in his Eurosport column he is mentioning it, too, and this time it's correct.

Kiwi

Last edited by Neely : 08-30-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:48 AM   #143
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

I was hoping everyone's info was off and Kiwi would be there today cuz during Rainer's match like every German tennis player that ever lived was there supporting him. No Kiwi though. I guess he did fly back.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:37 PM   #144
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi IS there today. Guess he decided to stay another day to watch the Agassi-Baghdatis match. And guess what? He'll be Co-commentator again!
Old 09-02-2006, 09:31 AM   #145
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for "popping in" like that in your chat thread, I'm a lurker in the Kiwi board and this really perked my curiosity:
Quote:
in one he talked about certain players and gave some little insight how he sees them and what's happening in the locker room when they are playing
What did he say, which players did he talk about? Anything interesting?
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:32 AM   #146
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

I was wondering the same thing
Old 09-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #147
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montcourtarde
What did he say, which players did he talk about? Anything interesting?
Not sure if it would be interesting for you. He talked in short terms about Agassi, Federer, Nadal, Roddick, Nalbandian, Hewitt, Murray, Blake, Haas, Davydenko and Robredo and how Kiwi sees them.

I think I have it somewhere recorded, if you want to listen to it, I could show it to you.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:16 AM   #148
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Dani, could you send it to me? Oh wait, it is in German isn't it? If you could, could you just tell me what he said about Andy? And Rafa?
Old 09-15-2006, 02:50 AM   #149
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

You guys should all come visit the thread in GM called I hate Kiefer so badly. It sounds bad, I know. But liptea and I took it over on the end of page six. And we turned it into a Kiwi love fest! You should hop on over and spread the love!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mary b : 09-06-2007 at 04:47 AM.
knight_ley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:51 AM   #150
country flag Neely
-

I hope Kiwi can soon give us some news again!
How his hand is, if he already knows when he is going to return. If he is with the Davis Cup team? (I don't think so, but I would like to see it)

And what about the auction at the IAA which was two days ago?

questions, questions, questions....