Canadian players - Page 345 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 01-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #5161
country flag ibreak4coffee
Moderator
 
ibreak4coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 7,097
ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
that's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that, He'll definately play AO qualies, I can't see in coming all the way over there just for Auckland qualies, and skip AO would make no sense whatsoever.
Maybe he needed the Saturday night stayover on the plane ticket to get a better price

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
I'm not exactly sure what the rule on this is, but if I remember correctly(which I probably don't) you're not allowed to withdraw from a previous weeks tournament to go play qualies for a grand slam, so if he were to qualify for Auckland, for him to play AO qualies, he'd either have too...

a)Lose Auckland first round, or
b)Play Auckland, and AO qualies at the same time, flying back and forth

I don't really know how feasible that 2nd one is. but I'm sure if he were to make Auckland 2nd round he'd consider this a successful trip regardless, but lets not get ahead of ourselves, he has to qualify for Auckland first which is unlikely.
Second one is absolutely not feasible. Its a three hour flight from Sydney to Auckland and almost four hours going back. Add a few hours for Melbourne. It would be like playing qualies at the US Open and a challenger in Vancouver at the same time.

Its a win win for him. If he's still in Auckland come Wednesday, he'll have advanced past the first round, picked up some great points and a nice paycheck. If not, he plays what I believe will be his first GS qualies (correct me if I'm wrong). Good to see his ambition to fly all the way there and give it a try. Awesome there will be four Canadians in the qualy draw
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #5162
country flag Emeraldhands
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 29
Posts: 1,358
Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Great, four guys to watch for AO Qualies, should make for good viewing. I think Bester is going to have a breakout season and live up to his potential.
Alot of people see Milos going through but unless he is much fitter than last year, he could bow out early because I remember that match against Ball in the US Open and it was hot as hell, and he just couldn't keep up with the heat. And we all know how hot it is in Australia this time of year.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but Filip is up to 36 in the Junior Rankings and should stay there for most of the year since his big result came in mid October so we should see him in a few Slams this year. (Vasek was a high of 24 and Milos was as high as 35 and that was in their final year so could this guy be great) But he does have a few ugly losses so far this year but he is in the AO for Juniors so we'll see how that goes.

I think I say Nguyrn retire from another match that wasn't close so I have no idea what is going on there.
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #5163
country flag FormerRafaFan
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldhands View Post
Great, four guys to watch for AO Qualies, should make for good viewing. I think Bester is going to have a breakout season and live up to his potential.
Alot of people see Milos going through but unless he is much fitter than last year, he could bow out early because I remember that match against Ball in the US Open and it was hot as hell, and he just couldn't keep up with the heat. And we all know how hot it is in Australia this time of year.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but Filip is up to 36 in the Junior Rankings and should stay there for most of the year since his big result came in mid October so we should see him in a few Slams this year. (Vasek was a high of 24 and Milos was as high as 35 and that was in their final year so could this guy be great) But he does have a few ugly losses so far this year but he is in the AO for Juniors so we'll see how that goes.

I think I say Nguyrn retire from another match that wasn't close so I have no idea what is going on there.
Wow, seems like Canada has a lot of guys in the AO draw, which is awesome! Lets hope at least one of those gets a nice qualies draw. Would be nice to see at least one Canadian in the MD. It would be especially fun to see Milos there, since he's the guy who is most likely to get a few wins in the main draw

I think Filip has lots of potential. Will be interesting to see how he does in the junior draw in AO.
__________________
DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #5164
country flag 156mphserve
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,515
156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Second one is absolutely not feasible. Its a three hour flight from Sydney to Auckland and almost four hours going back. Add a few hours for Melbourne. It would be like playing qualies at the US Open and a challenger in Vancouver at the same time.

Its a win win for him. If he's still in Auckland come Wednesday, he'll have advanced past the first round, picked up some great points and a nice paycheck. If not, he plays what I believe will be his first GS qualies (correct me if I'm wrong). Good to see his ambition to fly all the way there and give it a try. Awesome there will be four Canadians in the qualy draw
If it's that far it'll be tough, however I do believe that the tournament schedulers do try and work the schedule around situations like that(again I might be totally wrong on this), Is Auckland a Saturday or Sunday final? If it's a Sunday final they could schedule his 2nd round match for Thursday, giving him a chance to play first round qualies at the AO. I don't know how the schedule works for the AO qualies but if the 2nd round is split between 2 days they could give him the day off on Thursday, and play his 2nd round qualifying match on Friday to give him a chance to play his 2nd round match at Auckland, after that if he were to advance in both(which would be unlikey) he'd have to play twice in 1 day but they could schedule his Auckland match early and AO qualies match very late, giving him time for a flight, unlikely but possible with help from the organizers. If the organizers would help him with the schedule he could keep it to 1 match a day until Friday, but then again i don't really expect him to be alive in either come Friday, especially not Auckland. Just putting that idea out there though
__________________
2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #5165
country flag 156mphserve
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,515
156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

looking to the 2nd week of the AO and the challengers going on Milos, Peter, Frank, Phillip, and vasek all got DE into a challenger. Milos is the 7th best ranked player in his challenger as of now so he may be seeded in a challenger for the first time. If I had it my way he'd still be playing the AO while these challengers are going on, that'd be great but hopefully the guys can earn a few points in these tournaments. He's the link

http://www.tennisteen.it/notizie/ent...naio-2011.html
__________________
2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #5166
country flag ibreak4coffee
Moderator
 
ibreak4coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 7,097
ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
If it's that far it'll be tough, however I do believe that the tournament schedulers do try and work the schedule around situations like that(again I might be totally wrong on this), Is Auckland a Saturday or Sunday final? If it's a Sunday final they could schedule his 2nd round match for Thursday, giving him a chance to play first round qualies at the AO. I don't know how the schedule works for the AO qualies but if the 2nd round is split between 2 days they could give him the day off on Thursday, and play his 2nd round qualifying match on Friday to give him a chance to play his 2nd round match at Auckland, after that if he were to advance in both(which would be unlikey) he'd have to play twice in 1 day but they could schedule his Auckland match early and AO qualies match very late, giving him time for a flight, unlikely but possible with help from the organizers. If the organizers would help him with the schedule he could keep it to 1 match a day until Friday, but then again i don't really expect him to be alive in either come Friday, especially not Auckland. Just putting that idea out there though
This wouldn't exactly be ideal preparation for the qualies either...

Let's see. As I said, I think Phil wins either way. I'd be very surprised he makes it out of Auckland qualies... but I guess we'll find out in an hour or so if he can. Brezac won't be easy, but the draw could have been a lot worse for a first round
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #5167
country flag misty1
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 21,935
misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

i agree with saying that its unlikely will get out of the aukland qualies with dabul and mannarino in the way...actually just mannarino since i think he could beat dabul

still its a good thing to have 4 canadians in the qualies draw

i just hope for once frank gets a good draw, the draw gods have to be nice to him atleast once
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #5168
country flag misty1
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 21,935
misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
looking to the 2nd week of the AO and the challengers going on Milos, Peter, Frank, Phillip, and vasek all got DE into a challenger. Milos is the 7th best ranked player in his challenger as of now so he may be seeded in a challenger for the first time. If I had it my way he'd still be playing the AO while these challengers are going on, that'd be great but hopefully the guys can earn a few points in these tournaments. He's the link

http://www.tennisteen.it/notizie/ent...naio-2011.html
lol, for a second i was like "what the hell are you talking about?" because i thought you meant they were in the same on but now i see
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #5169
country flag Emeraldhands
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 29
Posts: 1,358
Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Anyone know when Philip's match is going to start? It should be on now but the livescore isn't working
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #5170
Snowwy
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 21,180
Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
Ao qualies start...next wednesday right?

playing in both if he gets into the aukland main draw and the Ao would be tight

if i were him id make the choice to to to australia since there's a very good chance he'll be able to play the qualies...then again i suppose its best to have some match practice before trying to qualify for your first grand slam
If he qualifies and makes the second round of Auckland, I bet he won't care about missing AO qualifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
lol, for a second i was like "what the hell are you talking about?" because i thought you meant they were in the same on but now i see
It should be a good week.
__________________
Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #5171
country flag Emeraldhands
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 29
Posts: 1,358
Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Hopefully we can get some livescores for some of those events. And where the hell is Reunion Island? Is that a new event?
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #5172
country flag Emeraldhands
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 29
Posts: 1,358
Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Oh wait, maybe they are one hour back so instead of being 10:37 it is really 9:37
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #5173
country flag 156mphserve
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,515
156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=22

shows 10:44 here

There was no live scores for the first 2 days of WTA Auckland qualifying, so I was kind of expecting this to happen unfortunately
__________________
2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #5174
country flag Emeraldhands
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 29
Posts: 1,358
Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Shows 10:44 but is that adjusted? It has a little star next to it, it's not like a 250 event not to broadcast qualy live scores.
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #5175
country flag Blarghman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 3,583
Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Too bad there's no livescores, was looking forward to following Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldhands View Post
Hopefully we can get some livescores for some of those events. And where the hell is Reunion Island? Is that a new event?
Reunion is off the coast of Africa, just a little east of Madagascar; it's legally part of France. Don't remember the event from previous years, though.

Really looking forward to Melbourne qualies, too bad I'll probably be too busy to follow the scores live that week
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios