Canadian players - Page 342 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-02-2011, 12:13 AM   #5116
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Anyone have any 2011 predictions?

Mine

Peter establishes a new career high, but still outside top 100
Milos makes the final of an ATP event
Canada qualifies for the World Group of Davis Cup
Rotaru breaks the top 1000.
Vasek has a positive record in challenger events.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2011, 12:44 AM   #5117
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

i made some a while back but i dont want to go back and find them, i believe they were this:

peter - will fall further down the chain. He will get back to the 150 range but i doubt he'll go any higher then 150.

milos - will break into the top 100 but will fall out again by the end of the year, ending at around 110 or very close.

frank - will find his form again and make a run at some kind of tournament, possibly the rogers cup and break back into the top 100.

philip - will take on more challengers and get himself into the top 200, finishing around 175.

vasel - dont see him doing anything special, will fair better at the challenger level but will continue to be inconsistent and will be passed by philip in the ranks. He'll finish around 230.

canada - will qualify for the the world group of davis cup taking advantage of a VERY kind draw.

dont really know enough about the juniors to say anything. I could see canada having atleast 6 men playing in a grand slam in some fashion by wimbledon though.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:08 AM   #5118
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to say

Milos cracks the Top 100, and floats around the bottom of there, unless he gets a nice Grass Season draw, then he could go up to somewhere around 75 or higher in the world.

Peter cracks the top 200 for sure, won't go over 150

Frank, cracks the top 150, sits around 120 at season's end.

Philip, gets into the challengers circuit, probably floats around 200 in the world

Vasek, I'll say that he can break into the top 200, he has the same potential as Polansky in my opinion.

I agree Rotaru should be able to get into the Top 1000, and Chvojka might get top 300

Peliwo should pick up 1 or 2 points in the Futures
Nguyen maybe 1 or 2
Krainik should get to around 10-15 points
Ochotta 1 or 2
Zach White and Haessig might be able to pick up some points, but they're playing College
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #5119
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

5 predictions from me:

1. Davis Cup - Canada will not make it back to the World Group. We'll lose in the playoff.
2. Frank - Will make a nice run at a 250 tournament like Johannesburg. Some solid results will follow, but nothing spectacular. There will be more injuries. He will qualify for a GS, but draw a high seed. Finishes the year at 125.
3. Peter - Will win his first challenger and qualify again for the French Open. However, inconsistent play will continue and he will finish ranked 175.
4. Nestor - New partnership with Mirnyi won't work out... until around July. Then they will take Wimbledon. He will finish the year ranked number 3 in doubles.
5. Milos - Continues to break out. He will finish 82 in the world. He will qualify for the AO and Wimbledon, and win his first GS match in England. At some point, he'll get his wish and play Federer. Will have some nice results on the US hardcourt circuit, but will still have to qualify for the US Open. He will be upset. After, will come back and have another solid indoor season. Will qualify for the MD of the 2012 Aussie Open.

As for Vasek and Phil and Pierre-Ludovic, I have no strong opinions. It could go either way.

Last edited by ibreak4coffee : 01-02-2011 at 01:23 AM. Reason: typo
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:07 AM   #5120

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Polansky is on court now.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:14 AM   #5121
country flag big_j_tennis

big_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond repute

milos will break the top 100, and stay there for the rest of the season.
peter should finish at around 140-150 with strong challenger results.
frank: really not sure because of his injuries. if he's healthy, i think he'd finish around 100-120.
vasek and bester should take on challengers and do quite well.
chvojka: he could finish top 300 but i don't know if he's going to play a full calendar year...
diez: he'll continue improving steadily, with big futures results and some challengers.
duclos: i think he's unfortunately going down
klingemann: he should get a few good futures results
pavel: hope he gets 10 points or more.
I also hope a few juniors earn 1 or 2 atp points, espeacially peliwo and nguyen.
big_j_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:24 AM   #5122
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasquetGulbis View Post
Polansky is on court now.
is there a livestream for this?
Kat_YYZ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:36 AM   #5123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
is there a livestream for this?
Not that I can find. Hopefully there will be one for the maindraw.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:52 AM   #5124
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

PP down a set, but interesting that he has not lost a point on his first serve, 16 in a row.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:18 AM   #5125
country flag dancy_fan

dancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond repute

5 predictions from me:

1. Davis Cup - Canada will make it back to the World Group.
2. Frank - Will finish top 80-100
3. Milos - Continues to break out. He will finish 80-100
3. Peter - Will finish 150-200
4. Nestor - New partnership with Mirnyi will not work. Will change partner before end of the year.
5. Bester - Will finish 180-200
*** Possible dream prediction!***
Davis cup Make to World Group
Frank breaks top 50-75 (if injuries free)
Milos breaks top 50-75 (if pressures doesn't get to him and injuries free)
Peter top 100-125 (if starts to belive in himself and injuries free)
Bester top 150-175 (if injuries free)
dancy_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #5126
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw Mannarino won over Peter 6-4, 6-4. Not really surprising, but it still sucks

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #5127
country flag RogerExpress

RogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond repute

62 75 Milos over Kirillov , 16 aces, no faced BP, 70% of first serve and won 94% when he played with that, match lasted 1 hours and 2 minutes

Last step tomorrow against Roger Vasselin who defeats Skugor in 3 sets playing a 2 hours and 21 minutes match
RogerExpress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #5128
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

as predicted 2 very comfortable wins for milos but the test will be against roger-vasselin. It should be a pretty good match and it could go either way.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:04 AM   #5129

There's going to be a stream for the Raonic match on Livescorehunter, its 7am apparently, which is way too early for me, but hopefully someone will watch it.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:36 AM   #5130
country flag Emeraldhands

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute

Milos with the first points of 2011. At this time last year he wasn't even winning futures against guys outside the top 500. Incredible what confidence and talent can do for you. Now if only Peter can get on the same boat.
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote