Canadian players - Page 290 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #4336
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
Let me know a time you aren't pessimistic, and then I'd be surprised.

Seriously though.. it's ok to be critical of Milos and not liking everything he does or say, but have you said even one nice thing about him? I seriously can't remember..

Like, I admitted that he is mostly serve these days, and there's lots of stuff he needs to work on, like returning, movement, backhand, second serve etc. But his game still has some great aspects, even now. Obviously, or else he wouldn't have gotten this far. He is VERY mentally strong and his first serve is expeptional.

I'm not saying you aren't allowed to be critical or whatever, but I do wish you would say at least one nice thing for every 10 negative things you say. So far I haven't seen that..

About Milos, I too don't see him reaching his goal to be seeded for the Australian Open, but frankly, I don't even care.. At least he has goals, it's always nice to have something to strive for, even though you don't necessarily reach them. Maybe that's just an extra boost for him to do even better next year? I too see his more realistic ranking at around 120-130. But well, you never know, maybe someone will get sick and/or injured and withdraw so that he can get into the MD of AO? Yeah, I know it probably won't happen, but at least he'll be one of the highest seeded guys in the qualifying rounds. And yeah, qualifying is never easy. However, I think he'll manage to qualify with that serve. He managed in the USO, so why not AO? Hopefully he'll get a nice draw and qualify, and hopefully he'll get into the MD of the remaining slams of 2011.

BTW.. Nice article in the Globe and Mail. I thought I might post it incase some of you didn't read it yet:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1747274/
if you mean milos specifically i did say..not that long ago actually that i believe he will eventually have the ability to beat nadal..is that not nice?

i also said he put up a good fight against nadal, i have admitted when he's had nice wins before and last week i said that he had a good run. I also gave him the win over andreev

so before you come on here and accuse me of something make sure you know what your talking about because i have provided a number of examles of nice things i said about him within the last 2 weeks.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2010, 11:04 PM   #4337
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

lets not get too feisty, we're all here to cheer on the canadians

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:06 PM   #4338
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

im sorry but he came on here and accused me of being nothing but negative regarding milos and thats not true.

I do say more negative then positive things and i admit that but there was a time when i had nothing but negative things to say here..i'm working on it
Old 10-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #4339
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
Regarding Milos' plans, Tennis Canada is reporting that he goes to Tashkent, skips Seoul and then closes the season with St Peterburg.

I agree with those who say it is unrealistic for him to get into the AO main draw, but I think he has been kind of busy recently and so probably hasn't had as much time as us to do the math.

But he has a good shot at getting himself seeded for qualies, which is great. I would also be pleased to see him get into the top 150, which is within easy reach. When I heard over the summer that his goal for the year was to get into top 150 I thought he had been absurdly ambitious, and he was acknowledging by then that he was behind schedule. But boy has he made up for it recently.
are you reffering to this twitter post?

Next week he plays a 125K Challenger in Tashkent, then the ATP event in St-Petersburg

I don't know how much i would trust that twitter account, during the rogers cup it was getting all kinds of facts wrong. it is a legitimate account of someone involved with tennis canada(Melissa her name is actually, she was running chats with some of the pros during the rogers cup), but she didn't seem too informed. As for the season ending with St. petersburg, the post say nothing about that, just say he'll play Tashkent, and st. petersburg, doesn't refer to anything after that but that's because none of the other entry lists are out yet. Personally I think he'll play Tashkent, Seoul, St. Petersburg(if he does really well in the challengers before i think he may choose to skip this), and then maybe 1 or 2 of the american challengers to end the season.

I got 2 go, time to watch the maple leafs beat up on the habs

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #4340
country flag 156mphserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
im sorry but he came on here and accused me of being nothing but negative regarding milos and thats not true.

I do say more negative then positive things and i admit that but there was a time when i had nothing but negative things to say here..i'm working on it
I was reffering to everyone lol, snowwy, and me have harped on you a little lately as well

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 10-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #4341
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
are you reffering to this twitter post?

Next week he plays a 125K Challenger in Tashkent, then the ATP event in St-Petersburg

I don't know how much i would trust that twitter account, during the rogers cup it was getting all kinds of facts wrong. it is a legitimate account of someone involved with tennis canada(Melissa her name is actually, she was running chats with some of the pros during the rogers cup), but she didn't seem too informed. As for the season ending with St. petersburg, the post say nothing about that, just say he'll play Tashkent, and st. petersburg, doesn't refer to anything after that but that's because none of the other entry lists are out yet. Personally I think he'll play Tashkent, Seoul, St. Petersburg(if he does really well in the challengers before i think he may choose to skip this), and then maybe 1 or 2 of the american challengers to end the season.

I got 2 go, time to watch the maple leafs beat up on the habs
Not twitter, this post: http://www.lovemeansnothing.ca/media...-at-Japan-Open

No way are the Leafs beating the Habs!
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #4342
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I for one appreciate your efforts. I can see you are trying. Don't give up the struggle against negativity! Think of yourself as like Milos - with some excellent qualities, but also areas for improvement!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #4343
country flag 156mphserve

ok, but I'm pretty sure that site is run by the same preson running that twitter

Leafs up 2-1

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 10-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #4344
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
I for one appreciate your efforts. I can see you are trying. Don't give up the struggle against negativity! Think of yourself as like Milos - with some excellent qualities, but also areas for improvement!
thanks
Old 10-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #4345
country flag misty1
Banned!

from that article on that website i see that he's going to tashkent..or could be taking a break..not by choice but because he didnt get in

and then his last atp main event will be st.petersburg, its not that he will end his season there its the last atp event he'll play for the year.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:03 AM   #4346
country flag Gonzil

OK another source: Open Court:

"Raonic will now head to a $125,000 Challenger in Tashkent, Uzbekhistan, which was on his schedule before his efforts the last two weeks. He was to follow that up with another Challenger in Seoul, Korea to end his season. But now he'll head instead to the ATP Tour 250 event in St. Petersburg, Russia."

http://communities.canada.com/montre...-good-try.aspx

Come on HABS!
Old 10-08-2010, 01:10 AM   #4347
country flag 156mphserve

Come on Leafs!

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 10-08-2010, 01:44 AM   #4348
country flag 156mphserve

Leafs!!!!

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 10-08-2010, 03:44 AM   #4349
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I have noticed that, I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
I was reffering to everyone lol, snowwy, and me have harped on you a little lately as well
I dont harp on misty, I harp on what she says. And I didn't know you were a girl, sorry about that misty.

Quote:
from that article on that website i see that he's going to tashkent..or could be taking a break..not by choice but because he didnt get in

and then his last atp main event will be st.petersburg, its not that he will end his season there its the last atp event he'll play for the year.
I don't get why so many Canadians end their season early, remember a few years ago when Duclos went to Australia and had some very weak challengers.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:05 AM   #4350
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Come on HABS!
MOD - this deserves a ban. Thanks.
ibreak4coffee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote