Canadian players - Page 253 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #3781
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
Well, Peter made it through in 2 sets. Maybe he just felt like he needed a bit more match practice.
That is great news! This means he's just got himself 6 points.. Not a lot, but it's a start. So at least he's got some points, even if he ends up losing the next match. Would be shame though. I really, really want to see him in the MD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasquetGulbis View Post
In Thailand the main draws out, and it's looking good for any qualifier. Either they have to play another qualifier, Kukushkin, or at the worst they have to play Sela, no really hard draw for qualifiers.

Malaysia's a bit tougher, but Raonic could still get Roger-Vasselin, or Soeda, with the other options being Dogopolov or Kunitsyn.
That is good news. Like I said, I would like to see Peter in the MD. It would be good for him to play against higher ranked players.

I'm with you on the Malaysia draw. RG or Soeda would be fine. I think Milos could pull out a win if he plays his best against either of those. However, I don't think he stands much of a chance against Dolgopolov or Kunitsyn unfortunately. I do think it would be amazing just to get into the MD though, so that should be his main focus, and not to win matches in the MD.. Because that might be too difficult for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldhands View Post
I just can't wait to see if Bester makes it to the final. Yesterday I kinda exaggerated when I said he would be in the top 300 with the win, he would be around 315 or 320. At the rate he is going he might make AO Qualies next year. I saw that he was entered in Canada F5, but I don't see him there if he wins in France. Other than that I also saw him in a couple of tough American Challengers after that. If he makes a good run there, he has a shot at maybe top 250 by the time the year ends.
Like I said.. I think Bester and Frank are the Canadians playing best nowadays. I still think Frank was ulucky with the weather conditions. I just don't the result mirror with how he played in the Davis Cup. But whatever.. Hopefully he'll play better in the next future.

Shouldn't be too long for Bester to get in the top 300 with this winning streak. I'm not expecting too much from the challengers to be honest. Futures is one thing, but to pull of a win in a challenger.. Well, that's a different beast all together. It's gonna be tough for sure, and especially if the draw is tough as well. But we'll see. I'd be happy to se him in the Top 300 when the year ends. Top 250 may be too much to ask, but you never know. It's not impossible, so we'll see

And for the players from estern european background playing tennis.. I just think the tennis culture may be bigger in those countries and therefore also bigger in the eastern european communities in Canada? I don't know.. Like I said, it's not like Canada has bought players like Kazakstan did. Most of the players came to Canada when they were little with their families. They grew up in Canada, it's their home now. I don't see that changing just because they weren't born in Canada. But yeah, I hope Milos birth country doesn't steal him away rom Canada, that would suck. However, it didn't seem that way from what he said in his interview. He said that his career and home etc is in Canada

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #3782
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Basically if Raonic qualifies he adds 12points, and will go up to around 228(+11) in the rankings, and if he gets a nice draw and manages the 2nd round of the tournament he'll add another 15points and go up to around 219 (+20).

If Polansky qualifies he'll go up to 176 (+14), and if he makes the 2nd round he'll end up around 166 (+24)
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #3783
country flag acheng

acheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldhands View Post
Not just in Canada, he was playing well in the US Open as well, seems like he plays down to the level of the competition. I remember earlier this year, he wasn't playing well and then he got an LL in Serbia and played his ass off against Zebellos. I think he has the ability to make it near the top 100 but he has to dispatch these lesser foes if he wants to get there. The only thing keeping him from getting there is himself.
I agree completely. I think he is too much influenced by who's at the other side of the net and perhaps even the atmosphere as well. Like I have seem him play amazing against tough opponents, and then struggle against people I've never heard of. I know always being consistent is hard, but he needs to find his game and motivation not just against high-ranked players, but against the lower ones as well!

At least he's into the 2nd round of qualies
acheng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #3784

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

What about Milos? Didn't he play qualies today?

Quote:
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Old 09-25-2010, 04:03 PM   #3785
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

nope the malaysian qualies draw gave pretty much everyone byes into the 2nd round
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #3786

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
nope the malaysian qualies draw gave pretty much everyone byes into the 2nd round
But it seems like everyone has played their 2nd qualifying match except for 4 players/2 matches? I think that's kinda weird..

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #3787
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

yep its weird but..he'll play scott lipsky tommorrow
Old 09-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #3788
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In Thailand the main draws out, and it's looking good for any qualifier. Either they have to play another qualifier, Kukushkin, or at the worst they have to play Sela, no really hard draw for qualifiers.

Malaysia's a bit tougher, but Raonic could still get Roger-Vasselin, or Soeda, with the other options being Dogopolov or Kunitsyn.
You seem to have a weird sense of easy, Sela is not easy on that surface, nor is anyone in Malaysia
Old 09-25-2010, 05:10 PM   #3789
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately Bester lost his SF, 7-5 6-2.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #3790
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
But it seems like everyone has played their 2nd qualifying match except for 4 players/2 matches? I think that's kinda weird..
It is not that weird. Raonic is playing the winner of the only two guys that didn't get a first round bye, so he can't play them until tomorrow. But the tournament is able to get ahead by playing most of the other 2nd round matches that are already set. They didn't schedule the other match in the same section of the draw as Raonic (Ito vs Hutchins) so that one player won't be more rested for the final round than the other.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #3791

Quote:
Unfortunately Bester lost his SF, 7-5 6-2.
Oh well.. at least he got to the SF that should earn him some more points.

Quote:
It is not that weird. Raonic is playing the winner of the only two guys that didn't get a first round bye, so he can't play them until tomorrow. But the tournament is able to get ahead by playing most of the other 2nd round matches that are already set. They didn't schedule the other match in the same section of the draw as Raonic (Ito vs Hutchins) so that one player won't be more rested for the final round than the other.
Oh, ok.. I see. That certainly makes sense. Sorry, my mistake

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #3792
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:

well it depends who the other qualifier is that the one qualifier has to face no? and anyway dudi sela is no easy match up

but i guess in the grand scheme of the draw it is fortunate

i will remind you in malaysai soeda almost beat milos in vancouver so that not an easy option..i'd prefer roger-vasselin

his chances wouldnt be to good against kunitsyn or dolgopolov
Old 09-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #3793

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
well it depends who the other qualifier is that the one qualifier has to face no? and anyway dudi sela is no easy match up

but i guess in the grand scheme of the draw it is fortunate

i will remind you in malaysai soeda almost beat milos in vancouver so that not an easy option..i'd prefer roger-vasselin

his chances wouldnt be to good against kunitsyn or dolgopolov
Ya that's what I was going for. If I were Polansky I would prefer to be drawn against Sela over del Potro or Gulbis or someone. Relatively, compared to the other spots he could've been given the qualifiers draw is easy is what I should've said. There are much worse places they could've fallen.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #3794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
You seem to have a weird sense of easy, Sela is not easy on that surface, nor is anyone in Malaysia
The draws are easy relative to what they could've been. There are no easy draws for qualifiers, that's why they're qualifiers, they're always going to be up against better opponents. But I would consider Sela a better draw than del Potro or Gulbis, and would consider Kunitsyn easier than Ferrer or Baghdatis.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #3795
country flag misty1
Banned!

i dont know that,given that del potro has been out for 7 months that he's a threat though so he's beatable right now...by pretty much anyone there if they play they're best