Canadian players - Page 251 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #3751
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Disappointing day for Canadians in Toronto. Freakish weather but that ought to favour the local boys. Instead the only Canadian to win hasn't actually grown up in Canada.

Smart decision of Raonic to head for KL rather than Bangkok. I am not as confident as others about his chances though, because it is played indoors. Remember how poorly he did at the beginning of the year on indoor courts, after the training end of last year in Italy outdoors? I am hoping that this time he will manage the shift to indoor better, but I am waiting to see.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2010, 12:38 AM   #3752
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute

Diez and Bester

rest of the Canadians....... Especially Frank and P-L. They definitely should've won judging by the score.
d_s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:38 AM   #3753
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
Disappointing day for Canadians in Toronto. Freakish weather but that ought to favour the local boys. Instead the only Canadian to win hasn't actually grown up in Canada.

Smart decision of Raonic to head for KL rather than Bangkok. I am not as confident as others about his chances though, because it is played indoors. Remember how poorly he did at the beginning of the year on indoor courts, after the training end of last year in Italy outdoors? I am hoping that this time he will manage the shift to indoor better, but I am waiting to see.
he's got a really good draw though..the qualifying field is pretty weak so that should help
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #3754
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Regarding Erik, I sent Tennis Canada an email and got this reply.

Hi Michael,

Leaving Erik out of the article was our oversight. We had not received all of the match results from the tournament desk at the time the article was written and we used what we had. In hindsight we should have double checked to see if Erik had won his match or not. If he wins today, he will certainly be mentioned in tonight's story. We appreciate your interest.

Regards,

Sarah

----- Original Message -----
To: Info
Sent: Fri Sep 24 12:31:58 2010
Subject: Erik Chvojka

I noticed on your website you have an article called: "Diez, Duclos and Dancevic Advance to Tevlin Quarters". There is also a fourth Canadian, Erik Chvojka in the quarters. Is there a reason he wasn't mentioned.

Thanks

Michael
Thanks for inquiring about this! Not really a big deal but I was just wondering
d_s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #3755
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

i think its a little weird that all of the top canadians minus peter and frank were not born in canada

makes you realize where we would really be if they didnt move here.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #3756
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
i think its a little weird that all of the top canadians minus peter and frank were not born in canada

makes you realize where we would really be if they didnt move here.
That reminds me of when I was at the Roger's Cup, and I was watching Milos Raonic hit with Pavel Krainik. Some person asked me who they were so I just said they're names, and then they asked me why so many people were watching, and I was like "O well their both Canadian". And the person looked shocked.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:01 AM   #3757
country flag misty1
Banned!

i realize that alot of players will go and play for other countries but it just seems that alot of the canadian players arent even canadian born or of canadian decent..i mean off the top of my head i can only name 4.

The other difference is that alot of those countries still have top players that are from that country. It just made me realize canada would be so lost without all these non canadian born players or players of non canadian decent.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:13 AM   #3758
country flag mayagaller

mayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i realize that alot of players will go and play for other countries but it just seems that alot of the canadian players arent even canadian born or of canadian decent..i mean off the top of my head i can only name 4.
That's exactly what I love about Canada. I mean, among other things.

Out of curiosity, why are the 4 you have in mind? I can't even think of that many.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:09 AM   #3759
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayagaller View Post
That's exactly what I love about Canada. I mean, among other things.

Out of curiosity, why are the 4 you have in mind? I can't even think of that many.
what is it that you love? that we are diverse?

well, keep in mind when i say 4 i expand that to the broad scope of all canadian players not just the ones of the top

frank dancevic, peter polansky, zachary white and pierre-ludovic duclos are the 4 i can think of
Old 09-25-2010, 02:28 AM   #3760
country flag mayagaller

mayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what is it that you love? that we are diverse?
Yup, diversity is exactly what I had in mind. A friend from Texas who was here for the DC joked that our DC squad line-up read like some sort of UN convention attendance list.

Quote:
frank dancevic, peter polansky, zachary white and pierre-ludovic duclos are the 4 i can think of
I see.

Out of curiosity, What's Peter's background. His last name sounds Eastern European...

Last edited by mayagaller : 09-25-2010 at 02:33 AM.
mayagaller is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:05 AM   #3761
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The other difference is that alot of those countries still have top players that are from that country. It just made me realize canada would be so lost without all these non canadian born players or players of non canadian decent.
Besides Diez, its not like they aren't growing up here.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:12 AM   #3762
country flag Emeraldhands

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute

I still not comprehending what happened to Dancevic? Has he really fallen that far or is this guy really alot better than advertised?
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:14 AM   #3763
country flag acheng

acheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing to hear about Frank. I wonder if he couldn't handle the extreme wind today (it was like a mini hurricane!). Anybody know what Frank is up to next?

So Peter Polansky is up last tomorrow for the quali round - probably won't play till late into the night not thrilled about that.
acheng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:27 AM   #3764

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know exactly where the futures next week are going to be held. Like I used to work at Markham Tennis Club, but it doesn't seem like the type of club that can host this kind of event. I'm thinking maybe they're playing at Unionville Tennis Club.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:31 AM   #3765

O and speaking about that Futures, the qualifying draw's out. Not as many recognizable names in this one. Mikhail Lew, former number one in Ontario's in there, I'd expect him to qualify. Justin Jendruch was a number U18 I believe at one point, he could get in. Matezuweski, Berard and Mohammadi all play OTA. Harmath and Nemcsek do too, and then Malyon is only 16 I think, and Dynka is either 16 or 17.