Canadian players - Page 242 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #3616
country flag acheng

acheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayagaller View Post
Admission to the tournament is free. I'm hoping to make it to some of the matches and if I do, I'll definitely makes sure to report back.

Went to the DC matches on all three days. Good stuff from team Canada, it was good to see.
Ah thanks for the info! Good to hear it's free. And you were at the DC too? That's great!
acheng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #3617
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acheng View Post
The ATP site is behind, the drawsheet isn't out yet even though they have the OPP for today, which is here:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/2090/op.pdf

It's called the Tevlin Futures and is being held at the same place where they played Davis Cup (Rexall Center). I saw people playing qualifying matches yesterday. I must say when it's just you and your opponent going at it without any fan support - so quiet, no cheering - it's kinda disheartening. During the Davis Cup matches yesterday I could hear in the background some qualifers screaming in frustration. It's tough trying to improve your ranking and get into these tournaments.

Anywho, I think I heard Frank mention he was going to be playing this one. There's no other futures tournament going on at the same time, although there is another the following week.

Does anybody know if there is admission prices to these Futures event? Or can you just go and watch for free? If so, I might go watch on the weekend (hope he makes the final!)
Main draw will be out today.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #3618
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Admission to the tournament is free. I'm hoping to make it to some of the matches and if I do, I'll definitely makes sure to report back.

Went to the DC matches on all three days. Good stuff from team Canada, it was good to see.
Wow! That is great.

Please report back, and I wouldn't mind if you could take some pics/videos too. Only if you have a camera and feel like it of course, if it's not too much hazzle. Anyway.. Looking forward to the match reports

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #3619
country flag mayagaller

mayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
Please report back, and I wouldn't mind if you could take some pics/videos too. Only if you have a camera and feel like it of course, if it's not too much hazzle. Anyway.. Looking forward to the match reports
Sure thing. I'll definitely give my camera a solid workout.

Although at this point it looks like I'll be able to attend the final weekend only.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #3620
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like all the Belgium players are out of Bangkok and maybe all the Aussie's too. Peter has to do something good this week if that is the case.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #3621
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

really unfortunate ..stupid rain

peter and ollie both have the ability to get alot of balls back..no question ollie is faster but that matchup intersted me alot

anyway peter better make the quarters now..marinko matosevic could be his 2nd round opponent and he has beaten peter twice this year so we'll see if 3rd time is a charm

unless..is matosevic out aswell?
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #3622

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sure thing. I'll definitely give my camera a solid workout.

Although at this point it looks like I'll be able to attend the final weekend only.
Oh, that's ok. I totally understand.. We all have lives that get in the way of tennis. I would appreciate it if you could report back if you do get to go in the final weekend though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Sounds like all the Belgium players are out of Bangkok and maybe all the Aussie's too. Peter has to do something good this week if that is the case.
Wow! That's great news for Peter. This definitely opens up the draw and he's got a better chance now I think. Hope he makes the most of it. He has almost reached his career high ranking. Would be nice to get some more points here to further improve the ranking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
really unfortunate ..stupid rain

peter and ollie both have the ability to get alot of balls back..no question ollie is faster but that matchup intersted me alot

anyway peter better make the quarters now..marinko matosevic could be his 2nd round opponent and he has beaten peter twice this year so we'll see if 3rd time is a charm

unless..is matosevic out aswell?
Unfortunately.. I just checked the weather forecast and it's not looking too good. Rain every day it seems. Hopefully a miracle will happen and the weather will change, lol.

And yeah, I hope Peter will do well in Bangkok now. More positive now than before I saw the draw at least (se what i wrote about Peter above).

Quote:
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Old 09-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #3623
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
Oh, that's ok. I totally understand.. We all have lives that get in the way of tennis. I would appreciate it if you could report back if you do get to go in the final weekend though

Wow! That's great news for Peter. This definitely opens up the draw and he's got a better chance now I think. Hope he makes the most of it. He has almost reached his career high ranking. Would be nice to get some more points here to further improve the ranking.

Unfortunately.. I just checked the weather forecast and it's not looking too good. Rain every day it seems. Hopefully a miracle will happen and the weather will change, lol.

And yeah, I hope Peter will do well in Bangkok now. More positive now than before I saw the draw at least (se what i wrote about Peter above).
what in bangkok there is rain?

QF is what i predict for him, which..given how he was doing before hand in challengers is good idnt it?

does anyone know anything about his first round anyway? is there any chance at all that this guy can stun everyone and beat peter?

Last edited by misty1 : 09-20-2010 at 10:33 PM.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #3624

Quote:
I was talking about the Canadian future tournament.. It's reported rain every day for the entire week.

Quote:
QF is what i predict for him, which..given how he was doing before hand in challengers is good idnt it?
Yes, a QF would be good, and it'll probably get him some points too.

Quote:
does anyone know anything about his first round anyway? is there any chance at all that this guy can stun everyone and beat peter?
Good question. Hope someone can answer this

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-20-2010, 10:51 PM   #3625
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

The draw's out for the Futures tournament. Unfortunately the juniors Hasessig and Krainik didn't get the draws I was hoping for. Maybe di Feo will pull off a win, but I doubt that as well. Still we could get an all-Canadian semi-final. I'll say Pospisil vs Dancevic, and Duclos vs Diez.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #3626
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Actually scratch that, I think Kryvonos will beat Duclos first round.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #3627
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Really maddening to see both Duclos and Dancevic with wild cards. I thought the idea of these Canadian Futures was to give Canadian youngsters a chance to play at a pro level and here we have 2 out of 4 WCs going to well-established Canadians that just didn't bother to sign up!

On a more positive note, at least Canadians managed to grab 6 of the 8 qualifier slots.

The doubles line up is quite amusing. In one first round match-up we have Diez and Haessig against Dancevic and Pospisil. That would be worth watching. Interestingly Pospisil lost any seeding by teaming up with Dancevic.

In the rankings this week Pospisil is at a career high of 284. He currently holds 7 Futures titles. Enjoy it while it lasts - 4 of them need defending over the coming weeks.

Raonic is heading to qualies in Kuala Lumpur. I guess he figured his chances were slightly better there than in Bangkok. Overall it seems like too many people are going the same route of the Asian tour leading to extremely high cut offs for these tournaments. I hope he gets in.

As for Peter, I thought his draw rather good in the circumstances. He is going to be jet-lagged so the key thing was to have a winnable first round. After that he had his eye on the qualies for the Bangkok ATP, so losing in the 2nd or 3rd round would mean he gets in some match play and is ready for qualies.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:22 AM   #3628
country flag big_j_tennis

big_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond repute

six out of 8 spots for qualifying were taken by canadians.
canadian qualifiers: chvojka, antoine richard, monette, di feo, el tabakh and garcia.

so there are 15 canadians in the main draw:
pospisil (1) : he should get to the semis relatively easily
antoine richard (Q) i think he'll lose first round, but still good tournament for him getting into the MD
rotaru : i see him getting past haydn lewis and losing in the second round.
chvojka (8)(Q): he should hace no trouble getting in the quarters, where he should face vasek
dancevic (3)(WC): he theoretically should have no problem winning this tournament.
ahmed el tabakh(Q): plays junior di feo in the first round, and i really don't know who'll win this one, good for one of these guys to get a rank
di feoQ) let's hope he gets a ranking since he really is young and promising
haessig: bad draw for nikolai. tough match against moser
klingemann: i really see this guy getting to the quarters looking at his recent results, he might be up for someting
krainik (WC): not the best draw. he has to be able to win these types of matches if he wants to get at another level.
duclos (4))(WC): he should get to the semis or better. hard match coming in against kryvonos, but he sould get throuch it
Diez (6): he should get at least in the quarters or semis.
daniel chu : faces diez in the first round, diez should get a pretty easy win
monette (Q): he is a very good player, but i don't think he can pull this one out. already awesome tournament for him just qualifying.
walter garcia: good for him to qualify, but i dont think his chances of getting past the first round are good.
big_j_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:45 AM   #3629
country flag Snowwy

Quote:

Could happen, he was a very good junior a few years back, I think. (Of course the names are all crazy, I could be confused.)
Old 09-21-2010, 12:57 AM   #3630
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Could happen, he was a very good junior a few years back, I think. (Of course the names are all crazy, I could be confused.)
It would be an exciting win for him if he beat Peter - he has never won a challenger match, and his best result in the Futures was one Final back in 2007.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote