Canadian players - Page 241 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #3601
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

well as i just realized ollie rochus wont be 100% if he even shows up at all so..that will help for sure

whoever gets throug between dodig and dimitrov though is the favorite in the quarter final no matter who it is. Dodig is really tough and dimitrov has been on fire so i unfortunately dont see peter getting past either one of them. But if he did beat one of them i'd like his chances more with dodig then dimitrov

i want to make it clear im not saying the fact that ollie rochus could be tired isnt the only way peter could beat ollie. I actually have no idea how peter would do against him im just saying the fact that he'll be tired will help him out
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #3602
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
well as i just realized ollie rochus wont be 100% if he even shows up at all so..that will help for sure

whoever gets throug between dodig and dimitrov though is the favorite in the quarter final no matter who it is. Dodig is really tough and dimitrov has been on fire so i unfortunately dont see peter getting past either one of them. But if he did beat one of them i'd like his chances more with dodig then dimitrov

i want to make it clear im not saying the fact that ollie rochus could be tired isnt the only way peter could beat ollie. I actually have no idea how peter would do against him im just saying the fact that he'll be tired will help him out
I understand, don't worry.. And yeah, it is a tough draw, but all he can do is try his best. Hopefully he won't have such a tough draw in the next tournament.

BTW, do you know which tournaments the other Canadians will play in the upcoming weeks?

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #3603
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

bester is in action in a futures in france next week

and then a ton of canadians are in the canadian futures event

aside from that i dont know
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #3604
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post

I agree, if Peter makes the quarters he is the underdog either way.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #3605
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

There will be 5 Canadian qualifiers, with the potential of all 8 qualifiers being Canadian. Of the Canada-NonCanada matchups, I really like Bedard's chances and don't like Garcia's. The other one, to me is a toss up, I don't know the American player at all and have barely heard of the Canadian.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:53 AM   #3606
country flag acheng

acheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond repute

So another great day at Davis Cup. And I must say how considerate Peter and Frank are for keeping it short and sweet! (since I did have things to do today *glances at assignments*). I wasn't sure what to expect today, in terms of effort put forth since the result from today had no impact overall (at least for Canada), but I was pleasantly surprised! They obliterated their opponents! Ah so nice to watch.

I was also glad to see Frank play! On the schedule they had Milos, but I suppose since Frank is playing the Futures he wanted to get some match practice in. Although it was more of a warmup that lasted 38 minutes lol

So funny moment of the day was from Frank. For those who didn't see, he was retrieving a ball out wide, took a swing, and the ball blasted right into the tournament sign on the net, and the net guy jumped and cowered in his chair. Frank, laughing, said "hey, wake up!" or something like that. That was a good chuckle.

So Peter's on a flight to Bangkok tonight (talk about jetlag, yeesh!) and what a nice supportive family he has, wearing shirts with his picture on it haha I hope he does well, even though I've been hearing about the tough draw, and if he does play Grigor NOOOOOO! haha I won't know who to cheer for. Probably Peter, but Grigor is awesome too

And I'm glad more people showed up than I expected. That's right Canada, support your players!
acheng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:54 AM   #3607
country flag Emeraldhands

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have any clue what happened to Peliwo? Did he get injured in that match and couldn't compete in the next?
Still wondering why he wasn't one of the one's given a wildcard into the main draw?

Di Feo is looking really good to make the draw as a 15 year old. Wonder who are going to get the wildcards?
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #3608
country flag big_j_tennis

big_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond repute

I think the WCs are going to dancevic, haessig, krainik, and maybe peliwo (since he had the walkover)
big_j_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:55 AM   #3609
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Matuszewski is doing a lot better than I originally thought in qualifying. I hit with him at some school tournament, but maybe he's improved a lot since.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:15 AM   #3610

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acheng View Post
So another great day at Davis Cup. And I must say how considerate Peter and Frank are for keeping it short and sweet! (since I did have things to do today *glances at assignments*). I wasn't sure what to expect today, in terms of effort put forth since the result from today had no impact overall (at least for Canada), but I was pleasantly surprised! They obliterated their opponents! Ah so nice to watch.

I was also glad to see Frank play! On the schedule they had Milos, but I suppose since Frank is playing the Futures he wanted to get some match practice in. Although it was more of a warmup that lasted 38 minutes lol

So funny moment of the day was from Frank. For those who didn't see, he was retrieving a ball out wide, took a swing, and the ball blasted right into the tournament sign on the net, and the net guy jumped and cowered in his chair. Frank, laughing, said "hey, wake up!" or something like that. That was a good chuckle.

So Peter's on a flight to Bangkok tonight (talk about jetlag, yeesh!) and what a nice supportive family he has, wearing shirts with his picture on it haha I hope he does well, even though I've been hearing about the tough draw, and if he does play Grigor NOOOOOO! haha I won't know who to cheer for. Probably Peter, but Grigor is awesome too

And I'm glad more people showed up than I expected. That's right Canada, support your players!
Thanks for the match report! I saw both matches and I just have to brag about Frank. He was on fire last night. Like I said, his opponent.. Not the best in the world! lol.. But he should be moving up the rankings pretty fast if he continues to play like he did yesterday. He should have made the USO draw, and he would have, but unfortunately he had to face Kei Nishikori!

Anyway.. Glad to see Frank is on his way back to his old form. I know it can't be easy coming back from a serious injury. You have to start from scratch again.. But I saw some good signs from Frank's match yesterday, so that's good

Peter does have an awful draw, but well, like I said.. All he can do is try his best and hope that he'll get a better draw in the next tournament.

And yeah, I saw more people showed up yesterday, it was nice to see Canadians come up to support their team.

Quote:
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Old 09-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #3611
country flag big_j_tennis

big_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasquetGulbis View Post
Apparently Matuszewski is doing a lot better than I originally thought in qualifying. I hit with him at some school tournament, but maybe he's improved a lot since.
matuszewski really had an easy draw so far. in the first round he played gauthier, who really isn't futures material at all, and then he played some american guy that is in his late 40's (like 48 years old).
except for him, I really think we can have 7 canadian qualifiers into the draw (although it'll be very tough for w. garcia).
big_j_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:25 PM   #3612

Where and when is the Canadian future tournament?

Does anyone know who'll play, and who will be in the qualifying draw? Is the draw out yet?

And what about Frank.. Is he playing futures? Is he going to play the Canadian one?

Would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this. TIA.

ETA: I saw Bester lost the final in Spain.. Still, he took one set off the winner, and it wasn't a bad result at all. He should get a lot of points by getting to the final anyway

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by FormerRafaFan : 09-20-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #3613
country flag acheng

acheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond repute

The ATP site is behind, the drawsheet isn't out yet even though they have the OPP for today, which is here:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/2090/op.pdf

It's called the Tevlin Futures and is being held at the same place where they played Davis Cup (Rexall Center). I saw people playing qualifying matches yesterday. I must say when it's just you and your opponent going at it without any fan support - so quiet, no cheering - it's kinda disheartening. During the Davis Cup matches yesterday I could hear in the background some qualifers screaming in frustration. It's tough trying to improve your ranking and get into these tournaments.

Anywho, I think I heard Frank mention he was going to be playing this one. There's no other futures tournament going on at the same time, although there is another the following week.

Does anybody know if there is admission prices to these Futures event? Or can you just go and watch for free? If so, I might go watch on the weekend (hope he makes the final!)
acheng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #3614

Quote:
The ATP site is behind, the drawsheet isn't out yet even though they have the OPP for today, which is here:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/2090/op.pdf

It's called the Tevlin Futures and is being held at the same place where they played Davis Cup (Rexall Center). I saw people playing qualifying matches yesterday. I must say when it's just you and your opponent going at it without any fan support - so quiet, no cheering - it's kinda disheartening. During the Davis Cup matches yesterday I could hear in the background some qualifers screaming in frustration. It's tough trying to improve your ranking and get into these tournaments.

Anywho, I think I heard Frank mention he was going to be playing this one. There's no other futures tournament going on at the same time, although there is another the following week.

Does anybody know if there is admission prices to these Futures event? Or can you just go and watch for free? If so, I might go watch on the weekend (hope he makes the final!)
Thanks for the info and the link!

I understand that it must be tough not having much support at the future tournaments.. Still, I think it's like that for everyone playing futures.. Not exactly the tournaments getting the most support..

Anyways, please give us some match reports if you do get to see some matches. That would be great

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #3615
country flag mayagaller

mayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Admission to the tournament is free. I'm hoping to make it to some of the matches and if I do, I'll definitely makes sure to report back.

Went to the DC matches on all three days. Good stuff from team Canada, it was good to see.