Canadian players - Page 239 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #3571
country flag big_j_tennis

big_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

for the futures, i think many canadians are also in the main draw.
dancevic (WC)
pospisil
diez
klingemann
rotaru
chu
haessig (WC)
krainik(WC)
???? (WC) (maybe chu or rotaru needed a WC to enter the MD, since they both were right between MD and qualies)

and yes very weak qualy draw in toronto, especially for a 15k event, only 1 ranked player in the whole field...
big_j_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #3572
country flag acheng

acheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond repute

So where to start? For one, it was very exciting to see them play so close. That's why I like the grandstand - more intimate. Unfortunately, that also means you hear more things, and as it turned out, yesterday was field trip day for the kiddies! And just to add to the interest, the organizers decided to give them these inflatable noise makers. Yeah, I'm trying to figure that one out as well.

The weather was also messed up yesterday; constantly going from hot to cold. I must have taken my jacket on and off a dozen times. I also got a horrible sunglass tan

Another bummer is that my awesome new camera is being repaired, so I had to use my old decrepit one, so no action shots or close ups

Now about tennis, Peter is just As for his play, I thought he played decent, not great. I've seen him play better but I wonder if all the noise screwed with his concentration/focus. A couple times right after he broke, he would get broken back or be close to being broken down 0-40. He seemed to be a rushing sometimes. He picked it up in the last two sets, although he should have had a bagel in the last

I think one of the funniest moments (to me cuz I'm odd) was there were so many wasps/bees flying around for some reason, and one landed on Peter's shoe. So he flicked it off with his racket, then squished it lightly with the frame and just left it on the court and continued playing haha

Another funny moment was when he was getting ready to serve, he was bouncing the ball and then it hit his shoe or something and got away from him, and he's like 'screw it', and got another ball from the ball kid. I think I have a short vid of it somewhere.

As for Milos, he has a nice serve when it goes in! But the boy needs to work on his return game and volleys. But he's young and has a lot of potential and seems like a nice guy haha so many times he wanted to smash his racket but kept his emotions in check. I unfortunately didn't get to see set 5, left after the 4th cuz I needed to get home (I honestly didn't think I would be there till that long) but was thrilled to find out he pulled out the win.

Saw Frank and Daniel there too, cheering for their team.

So I did take a few pics, but not many cuz my stupid old camera is shiny silver and I think the sun was reflecting off it and blinding the players haha but I'll post some of em here. Hope I do it right..haven't done it before.

Finals words (since my post is already ridiculously long), just want to say it's a bit disappointing not more people showed up to support Canadian tennis. Hopefully that'll change in the coming years.
acheng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #3573
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report, Acheng. It is always nice to hear the onsite observations.

As for getting people out for the matches, I imagine it is pretty tough on a weekday. Especially when the opponent is the DR.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #3574
country flag acheng

acheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond reputeacheng has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I guess cause it was the weekday, everybody was working or at school. But seriously, if I was a student at York, I would totally take advantage of this opportunity to see some tennis. I'm so glad I get Fridays off from my school! I'm going tomorrow as well, even if it is a dead rubber. Hopefully more people will be there.
acheng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #3575
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Warning.. This is a multi quote post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acheng View Post
So where to start? For one, it was very exciting to see them play so close. That's why I like the grandstand - more intimate. Unfortunately, that also means you hear more things, and as it turned out, yesterday was field trip day for the kiddies! And just to add to the interest, the organizers decided to give them these inflatable noise makers. Yeah, I'm trying to figure that one out as well.
HUH? I thought tennis was a concentration sport? WTH?!?! The players need to focus when they serve, I don't get why they would give them noise makers, like kids aren't bad enough without that! lol

Quote:
The weather was also messed up yesterday; constantly going from hot to cold. I must have taken my jacket on and off a dozen times. I also got a horrible sunglass tan
I heard it was like 15 degrees. I also saw the trainer or whoever he was put on a jacket! lol. Hopefully will be better today and tomorrow.. Has anyone seen the weather forecast? No rain, right?

Quote:
Another bummer is that my awesome new camera is being repaired, so I had to use my old decrepit one, so no action shots or close ups
Aww, I understand your frustration. However, we're just happy you got to take some photos at all. Love to see shots and hear a review from someone who was there. A thousand thanks. You are amazing!

Quote:
Now about tennis, Peter is just
Glad I'm not the only one who likes the guy. He is very cute/hot/sexy.. I kinda have a crush on him. lol

Quote:
As for his play, I thought he played decent, not great. I've seen him play better but I wonder if all the noise screwed with his concentration/focus. A couple times right after he broke, he would get broken back or be close to being broken down 0-40. He seemed to be a rushing sometimes. He picked it up in the last two sets, although he should have had a bagel in the last
Hmm, I guess the noise and the weather messed up his game, huh? He was probably nervous too. He is after all defending his country's honor in the Davis Cup, and it was important not to get downgraded to group 2, so it kinda was much on the line.

Quote:
I think one of the funniest moments (to me cuz I'm odd) was there were so many wasps/bees flying around for some reason, and one landed on Peter's shoe. So he flicked it off with his racket, then squished it lightly with the frame and just left it on the court and continued playing haha
LOL! That sounds really, really funny

Quote:
Another funny moment was when he was getting ready to serve, he was bouncing the ball and then it hit his shoe or something and got away from him, and he's like 'screw it', and got another ball from the ball kid. I think I have a short vid of it somewhere.
Aww, that sounds funny AND cute!

Quote:
As for Milos, he has a nice serve when it goes in! But the boy needs to work on his return game and volleys. But he's young and has a lot of potential and seems like a nice guy haha so many times he wanted to smash his racket but kept his emotions in check. I unfortunately didn't get to see set 5, left after the 4th cuz I needed to get home (I honestly didn't think I would be there till that long) but was thrilled to find out he pulled out the win.
I know Milos isn't exactly a complete player yet. He definitely has a lot to work on. It was frustrating to see him qualify for the USO and then just throw it away in the first match when he lost. But, I do think the kid's got potential. He just has to continue to improve his game.

Quote:
Saw Frank and Daniel there too, cheering for their team.
That's nice. Seems like they've got some great team spirit! Just like when Peter was there supporting Milos in USO.

Quote:
So I did take a few pics, but not many cuz my stupid old camera is shiny silver and I think the sun was reflecting off it and blinding the players haha but I'll post some of em here. Hope I do it right..haven't done it before.
Don't worry, the pics are more than good enough. They turned out pretty good actually Thanks again for taking pics and the match review

Quote:
Finals words (since my post is already ridiculously long), just want to say it's a bit disappointing not more people showed up to support Canadian tennis. Hopefully that'll change in the coming years.
I guess tennis just isn't a big sport in Canada. Hopefully it will be in the future though when you get more successful players. Also, there may be more people showing up on saturday and sunday, because more people have the weekend off from work. Remember that is was a week day after all..

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #3576
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

DC is suppose to be loud.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #3577

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

They say Frank is not moving well due to his injury.. Do you guys agree? Maybe that's why he's had some troubles coming back from the injury?

ETA: Guess I was wrong about the crowd.. Not many there today either..

Quote:
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Old 09-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #3578
country flag big_j_tennis

big_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond repute

could anyone with the livestream send updates of the score of DC? because it doesn't work for me and other people too... thanks
big_j_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #3579
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_j_tennis View Post
could anyone with the livestream send updates of the score of DC? because it doesn't work for me and other people too... thanks
Canada won 1st set 6-3. They broke the DR on the first occasion. Started off very strong, but later in the set the DR was much more competitive.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #3580
country flag Gonzil

On serve in 2nd, 3-2 DR leading. Canadians had 2 BP on Garcia's serve but he saved them with great serves. Canadians only lost 1 point on serve. The commentators are harping constantly on Dancevic's alleged poor movement and lack of confidence.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #3581

I'm in shock that the Dominicans are actually playing well..

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #3582
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

why? this is not over yet so why wouldnt they play well and give their all?
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #3583
country flag Gonzil

Canadians break and lead 5-4.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #3584
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

peter got a pretty awful draw in the bangkok challenger next week by the way

first round is against a wild card that he should win but then it's either ollie rochus or marinko matosevic who he-s 0-2 against this year. If he gets past that he's more than likely got the red hot grigor dimitrov in the quarters
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #3585
country flag Gonzil

Canada up a break in 3rd set.