The Beast's Cave: Thread for Mad Max Mirnyi! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-20-2003, 11:44 PM   #46
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Beast's Cave: Thread for Mad Max Mirnyi!

Oh yes, I'll always love Lindsay. Her character. Her game. She'll always be my #1 female player of all time.
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2003, 08:16 AM   #47
Lallo

Lallo is on a distinguished road

Max will be teaming up with Venus to play mixed doubles at the Hong Kong Challenge in January.

// schedule of play

Thursday 8th January (Semi-Finals)

6:00pm : Opening Ceremony (All Players Present)

Followed by : Mens Singles (Best of 3 tie break sets)
Roger Federer vs. Max Mirnyi

Followed by : 30 – 45 Minutes Break

Followed by : Mixed Doubles (One 8 game Pro-Set)
Federer & Capriati vs
Ferrero & Sharapova

Followed by : Ladies Singles (Best of 3 tie break sets)
Jennifer Capriati vs. Elena Dementieva

Friday 9th January (Semi-Finals)

6:30pm : Ladies Singles (Best of 3 tie break sets)
Venus Williams vs. Maria Sharapova

Followed by : 30 – 45 Minutes Break

Followed by : Mixed Doubles (One 8 game Pro-Set)
Mirnyi & Williams Vs
Verkerk & Dementieva

Juan Carlos Ferrero vs. Martin Verkerk

Saturday 10th January

a) Morning Session (3rd & 4th Place Singles Playoff Matches)

10.00am : Ladies Singles (Best of 3 tie break sets)

b) Afternoon Session (Finals)

2.30pm : Ladies Singles Final (Best of 3 tie break sets)

Followed by
(after Trophy Presentation) : Mens Singles Final (Best of 3 tie break sets)

Followed by
(after Trophy Presentation) : 45 - 60 Minutes Break

Followed by : Mixed Doubles Final (Best of 3 tie break sets)

http://www.watsonswaterchallenge.com...dule_play.html
Lallo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 08:32 PM   #48
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting that. Some really interesting match-ups, I'd say. And I think Max has a good partner in Venus; remember how successful he was in mixed dubs with Serena.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:18 AM   #49
country flag Leo

I haven't updated this thread in too long, I'm afraid.

First of all, Max deserves a major congratulations for lifting Belarus to their very first Davis Cup quarterfinal over Russia, of all countries. That's their second upset in a row, the first being over Germany in Germany on clay last fall in the qualies. Max was able to win 11-9 in the 5th set over AO finalist Marat Safin on the first day, in a match that proved to be vital for the tie. He almost let it slip, too, from 2 sets up. He also scored a straight sets win over Andreev on the third day. Voltchkov, who's injury on the first day looked to have unfortunately ended his team's chances, rebounded to seal the tie with a straights sets win in singles over Youzhny. A 3-2 win for Belarus. Next up is Argentina, which will be extraordinarily difficult, especially if both Nalbandian and Coria can compete, but Belarus has home advantage and most likely will choose a fast, indoor surface.

And now we must cheer on Max Mirnyi as he defends a singles title for the first time (and surely not the last) in his career: Rotterdam! Kick some arse, Mad Max.

Last edited by Leo : 02-16-2004 at 04:20 AM.
Leo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 03:11 AM   #50
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Max d. Sargsian 6-7(3), 7-6(5), 6-1 in round 1 in Rotterdam

Max now plays Davydenko who beat him at the US Open last year, but Max won there last meeting indoors in Moscow. Good luck Max
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 11:58 AM   #51
country flag Leo

That first set lost to Sargsian reminded me of last year's tournament when he lost the first set of the event to Ancic before coming back to win 6-7, 7-6, 6-4 (similar score against the Sarge), and then obviously took the tournament. Hopefully he can do the same this year. He's now beaten Davydenko and Nieminen in straights but it will get harder from here on out. His next opponent is either Ferrero (I'd kill someone to see that match!) or the player he beat in the final last year: Sluiter.

Win it again, Max!
Old 02-21-2004, 05:24 PM   #52
country flag Leo

Mirnyi d. Nieminen 6-4, 7-6

Mirnyi in excellent form
20-2-2004 | 15:18
The ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament brings out the best in Max Mirnyi. The Byelorussian had few difficulties disposing of Jarkko Nieminen earlier today: 6-4 7-6 (3).

The defending champion started the match well, and exerted considerable pressure on his Finnish opponent. Nieminen’s service let him down, and a mere 59% of his first serves were on-target (Mirnyi: 74%). Although the Finn managed to create the first breakpoints, he failed to make the most of them. In contrast, Mirnyi used his first breakpoint to take a 4-3 lead.

Nieminen offered more opposition during the second set. As a result, the set went to a tiebreak, the Finn having missed several breakpoints in the eighth game. Nieminen immediately lost his service, staged a brief comeback (2-4), but was unable to prevent Mirnyi from taking the match.

"I play my best tennis in Rotterdam," the winner admitted afterwards. "I was very tired after the Davis Cup match against Russia. Although I clearly would have preferred to win, I wasn’t devastated to be knocked out of the doubles tournament. It has allowed me to focus on my singles matches, which have gone well so far. I hope to play Raemon in the semifinal. I’d like to play the local favourite again. As I’m sure you’ll appreciate, I have fond memories of last year’s match."

Next victim: Ferrero

Then Hewitt in the finals!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2004, 12:35 AM   #53
country flag Leo

Mirnyi lost 6-7(2), 6-3, 7-6(4) to Ferrero. Oh well, it was still a good tournament for Mirnyi and hopefully next year he'll get some more opportunities to defend titles.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:33 AM   #54
country flag Leo

Mirnyi won his first match in Marseille: 4-6, 7-6, 7-5 over Pavel. *phew*

Keep up the great tennis, Max!
Old 02-26-2004, 11:49 PM   #55
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Max won again today beating Saulnier 6-4, 6-4

Good luck against Hrbaty, Max
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Old 03-03-2004, 12:00 AM   #56
country flag Leo

Well, he lost to Hrbaty last week in the quarters and now this week to Nadal. Too bad, I thought he could have won either of those events. Unfortunately the spring indoor season is over for him, but he did play well and had solid results.

No to IW, where hopefully he can be a seed-killer as always.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:49 AM   #57
country flag Raquel

Good Luck in IW, Max!
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Old 04-16-2004, 08:34 PM   #58
country flag tennis4eva

tennis4eva has a reputation beyond reputetennis4eva has a reputation beyond reputetennis4eva has a reputation beyond reputetennis4eva has a reputation beyond reputetennis4eva has a reputation beyond reputetennis4eva has a reputation beyond reputetennis4eva has a reputation beyond reputetennis4eva has a reputation beyond reputetennis4eva has a reputation beyond reputetennis4eva has a reputation beyond reputetennis4eva has a reputation beyond repute

Hello to all Max fans here!
I'm another beast fan!
Old 05-09-2004, 07:45 PM   #59
country flag moonlight

moonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Beast's Cave: Thread for Mad Max Mirnyi!

Congratulations, Max, on your first doubles title of the year!
Wish you many more to come in both doubles & singles. Good Luck!
moonlight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:17 AM   #60
country flag Raquel

Good Luck Max in Queens this week and on the grass court season
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!