Mens Tennis Forums banner

Andreas Vinciguerra

51K views 361 replies 40 participants last post by  Eden 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of him?

#27 ·
Takk Aphex

#28 ·
lol...and I call myself a fan! Thanks Aphex... I hadn't looked at any draws yet. this thing called University keeps getting in the way of my tennis-following. I really don't appreciate it ;)

thanks again! Kristen.

#30 ·
From a Tennis X interview with Joachim Johansson! :wavey:

Tennis-X: What's your current status on the Swedish Davis Cup team? I
know they've been working you in the last couple ties, what do you
see for the next couple ties?

JJ: Hopefully the old guys are still going to be playing (laughing), (Thomas) Johnasson is coming back right now, (Robin) Soderling, we've got (Thomas) Enqvist and (Jonas) Bjorkman who is a little bit older, hopefully they can keep playing, especially Bjorkman for the doubles. If he stops playing then the doubles team is going to get weaker. Me
and Soderling are upcomers, I think it been working good for us because me and Robin played this year, and I was in the team last year, I played dead rubber against Australia as well. We've got (Andreas) Vinciguerra who is coming back soon, so we have three guys who are normally around the Top 50, even if the others guys quit we have a strong team.

#31 ·
Thanks Björkman Girl!
This is really great news, if only Magnus would also come back soon *still hoping*

#32 ·
:D I was so happy when I read this. Originally I had skipped that part of his interview, til I received a google news alert regarding Vinci. I'm so happy!!! :woohoo:

Magnus fans have got to be the most optimistic people, I think. There's always a chance I guess. He hasn't officially retired. I just wish he'd put his fans out of their misery one way or another :sad:

#33 ·
Vinci was on Sw. TV yesterday together with Norman. He said he had three weeks of practise without pain in his legs now. So hopefully he'll make a comeback in due time. Actually it's pretty funny that he and Norman always is on TV together and Norman almost do all the talking. We'll the Swedish clay team needs to get back BIG TIME!

#35 ·
Aphex said:
http://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/sport/did_8270556.asp

Pretty long article on Andreas Vinciguerra. About his friendship with Swedish football star Zlatan Ibrahimovic, media relations, his growing up and most importantly: he's coming back NEXT WEEK!!!!
He plans to play a challenger or a future and he hopes to get a WC for Stockholm Open.
:hug: Even though I've got no clue what it says, that's great! Thankyou so much for posting this :D (You told me all I need to know ;))
:eek: I hope Vinci's putting his shirt back on. I never knew he had a tattoo / that hairy chest... :lol:

I really need this guy to return to tennis! He makes it a lot of fun :woohoo:
Welcome back Vinci! :yeah:

#36 ·
I will try to translate it later this day ;-)

#39 ·
Damn... Well, I wanted to know why he withdrew from France, and now I do. Thanks for the news Aphex :wavey:

#40 ·
Aphex said:
http://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/sport/did_8270556.asp

Pretty long article on Andreas Vinciguerra. About his friendship with Swedish football star Zlatan Ibrahimovic, media relations, his growing up and most importantly: he's coming back NEXT WEEK!!!!
He plans to play a challenger or a future and he hopes to get a WC for Stockholm Open.
That was a good article and yes the Malmö boys Vinci and Zlatan. I could imagine what they would get up to, when they went out.

BG< come on he's a southern Italian, so it's natural he has a hairy chest.

#41 ·
lol... the Italian I was uhh "seeing" for a little while, he waxed :yeah: I guess I was just hoping :lol: I really miss Vinci. I loved the few matches of his that I saw :sad:

#42 ·
They just said at Swedish TV during the DC match that Vinci is on the way back. He has practiced several months at Växjö Tennis Center and Janne Gunnarsson (former player and commentator for DC matches) said that Vinci played great the last time.
The goal is that he will come back to the claycourt season in the end of april and he will start playing challengers then.

I think this is really good news cos I don´t want one more Swede stopping his career because of injuries.

#43 ·
Thank god for that!
I saw that the vinci thread had been revived...and by you of all people (the one with the ability to translate!) So I was terrified that I'd hear he was retiring :)

Kom igen Vinci! He'll have a lot of support if/when he gets back to Australia!
Thanks Birte! I really hope he can get back into the swing of things on his clay!

#44 ·
I really hope he can return, but i do no believe it until he returns! Good luck Vinci!

#46 ·
This is really great news :)

Hopefully Vinci will take this WC and play Båstad :worship:

#47 ·
I think I'll keep my expectations incredibly low. It feels like too many summers have passed with all these plans vinci has, and nothing eventuates...for any number of reasons. Hope he can come back though. If that happens I may have to rearrange the top 4 (into a top 5!).

#48 ·
Some more good Vinci news! :D

http://www.svt.se/texttv/328.html

NOTISER 19 juni
2(6)
TENNIS Andreas Vinciguerra vann en
sommartourtävling i Åmål och ställer
förmodligen upp i Swedish Open i juli.
-Jag har fått tillbaka glädjen i min
tennis, säger han till Sydsvenskan.

TENNIS Andres Vinciguerra won a tournamnet on the Swedish Summer Tour (very minor money tour) in Åmål(as in the film Fucking Åmål :lol: ) and will probably participate in the Swedish Open this July.
-I'm enjoying my tennis again, he said to the 'Sydsvenskan' newspaper.

:wavey:

#50 · (Edited)
Give the people what they want a wildcard for Vinci. He is the only Swede apart from Hartman that I like these days and good to see him playing without pain and hopefully he can do something good again.

Attachments

Reactions: Tricky_Forehand
#51 ·
Thanks for the info, George :)

In fact, these are great news, and I hope Vinci will play good at his fave tournament.
I hope I can watch several matches with Vinci ;)

Reactions: jmgsdoubsprtnr
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.