Cincy Friday - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-19-2005, 07:18 AM   #1
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cincy Friday

Safin vs Ginepri. Mr Muscles is very regimented and he always plays the same way, but Safin will need to lift his game and won't get as many presents from Robby as he got from Hrbaty yesterday, at least Marat won't be tired.

Hewitt/Davydenko: Who will miss more balls is the key here. Sure Hewitt leads 2-0 and they were both on clay, but the PMK has improved a lot since then and if he can remain consistent then he has a real shot of winning this match. The rule with Davydenko, when you want him to win, he doesn't and when you want him lose, he won't, but Hewitt should get through here.

I just hope Youzhny is in the mood to play and can remember his previous success against Roddick, though he blew MPs last time they played. Youzhny has played all 3 setters and Roddick well I don't think the odds will be good on this one for the Duck.

I don't want to see the top 4 go through, but that is the most likely scenario. Please prove me wrong Davydenko and Youzhny.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2005, 07:49 AM   #2
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cincy Friday

Taking the 2 hot favs to do their job and expect them to do it well!!!!Straight sets in the making!!!

10 units Safin 1.45 over Ginepri!!
10 units Hewitt 1.33 over Daydenko!!!

5 units on Safin/Hewitt double!!!!
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 07:51 AM   #3
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Safin can lose to anyone, but I don't think that anyone will be Ginepri, unless he somehow changes his name to Santoro.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:05 AM   #4

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTennisFan
Why don't you START with just a double parlay, and then, decide what to do on top of that after we see what happens between Safin and Ginepri? The Hewitt match will take place hours later.

The way you're doing it now, if Safin loses, you lose 15 units outright. If he wins, and Hewitt loses later, you also figure to lose 15 units outright. Why not minimize your downside risk and simply start off with the double?
Adding 20 units on Safin and Heiwitt,another words i dont expect them to lose this game,just seen the big 4 going through mate!!!!Safin/Hewitt/Rodd/Fed!!! what an apipetiser that will be!!!just got that feel to it in this game,thats all!!!!i dont plan to lose this one!!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:07 AM   #5

The adding of 20 units was a joke,but im still confident!!!dont want to say very confident cause it could come back and haunt me but in sayin soo im reasonably quitely confident!!!good luck bro!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:11 AM   #6
country flag LESAK

LESAK has a reputation beyond reputeLESAK has a reputation beyond reputeLESAK has a reputation beyond reputeLESAK has a reputation beyond reputeLESAK has a reputation beyond reputeLESAK has a reputation beyond reputeLESAK has a reputation beyond reputeLESAK has a reputation beyond reputeLESAK has a reputation beyond reputeLESAK has a reputation beyond reputeLESAK has a reputation beyond repute

My moneymaker today:
Safin, Myskina & Hendry (snooker)
LESAK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:28 AM   #7
country flag skel1983

skel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pick with Davydenko LESAK!!!!

I have watched Ginepri all week, he has been very impressive, but Mrat was awesome yesterday, can he keep it up??? if things don't go well early on for Marat will he throw the towel in??? i am leaving this alone.

With the other matches there is just no value what so ever i think Hewiit/Roddick and Federer will win but odds are way to short.

If i was to pick an upest of the big four it would be Ginepri just going off his form this summer, does anyone remember the only match up in 03

Ginepri 1 and 0!!!!!!! Was Safin injured????
skel1983 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:34 AM   #8
country flag srkiknez

srkiknez is on a distinguished road

Safin M. v Ginepri R.
I really don't know what to expect from Safin right now. He didn't play since Wimbledon and yesterday second set performance (8 break set in the row) somehow indicate that Safin is not so untouchable.
Ginepri recently has been playing well and I have still in mind where he took Rodick scalp and than conquer tournament.
For now I can get 1.55 on Safin and it is really sweet bite, but...

Hewitt L. v Davydenko N.
Yesterday I made mistake and pissed off all Aussie and Hewitt fans. I will not make mistake again today I am Mario Ancic and Argentina team fan... Sorry, but we cannot be at the same side always...

Davydenko is player with a progress, but somehow when someone mentions Davydenko I have in mind clay... And still in mind is match against Beck last week where he had huge problem with serve.

Looking two matches I expect that more chances has Ginepri than Davydenko to surprise...

Roddick A. v Youzhny M.

Youzhny is phenomenon. I really didn't believe that he can come back from set down yesterday, after all 3 sets matches! And he did it... Today I expect that Rodick will not have some huge problem...
srkiknez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:45 AM   #9
country flag skel1983

skel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dunno. Davydenko may also be poised to "upset" Hewitt. Both are well worth considering as dog bets.

I wouldn't take much notice of that head to head record between Ginepri and Safin, or anybody else for that matter! Each result reflects the very specific circumstances of that point in time. As a handicapping tool, long term head-to-heads are effectively useless, in every sport! Bookmakers use things like head-to-head past records and other worthless trends to try to encourage action on certain sides of bets.
Tell that to Henman when he plays Hewiit

or Hewitt when he plays Federer

or Tojo when he plays Hrbaty

I mean h2h's are not the be all and end all but if you have got someone's number that give's the players mentel eges/disagvantages, I mean styles clash and the outcome is usually quite predictable, i am not taking that h2h into account at all it was one match, i only take h2h into account when they have played a series of matches, but i was suprised by the scoreline just wanted to know what the circumstances were in that match.

And i think hewitt is to much for Davydenko, his style for me is taylor made, Davydenko hit's good angles off both wings but he has not got anything to hurt Hewitt, he will just run everything down and play with Davydenko waiting for the oppurtunity i think it will be comfortable for Hewitt!!
Old 08-19-2005, 09:02 AM   #10
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports freak
The adding of 20 units was a joke,but im still confident!!!dont want to say very confident cause it could come back and haunt me but in sayin soo im reasonably quitely confident!!!good luck bro!!!
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 09:10 AM   #11
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like it or not, all a head-to-head means, to take the Agassi/Sampras one as an example, is that out of 34 meetings, on 20 of those occasions Sampras was, at that point in time, the better man.
Sampras was always the better man, whether he could be bothered winning or not.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:31 AM   #12
country flag skel1983

Quote:
Usually, over a SERIES of matches, between evenly matched players, there's hardly much in the head to head; they tend to even out. Hewitt/Federer is 7-10. Agassi/Sampras is 14-20.

When Federer started getting great, his record against Hewitt was 2 wins, and 7 losses! Did that figure to mean anything, to affect him in anyway, when he went ahead and won the next 8 encounters? NO!

Like it or not, all a head-to-head means, to take the Agassi/Sampras one as an example, is that out of 34 meetings, on 20 of those occasions Sampras was, at that point in time, the better man.

Before Hewitt started dominating, Pete Sampras' record against him in h2h was 4 wins to 1 loss. Then Hewitt improved, Sampras' game worsened, and Hewitt won the next four encounters straight! Did the head-to-head affect him? No!

And using Henman/Hewitt as an example is ridiculous! Hewitt's just a widely superior and more regularly consistent player to Henman, and has been for the past 5 years running. It stands to reason that he wiped the floor with the overrated pom 8 times.

I could go on, drudging up another dozen examples, but we'd be here all day. The fact of the matter is that a head-to-head for the most part reflects nothing more than the circumstances at various particular points in time. Viewing it as an effective handicapping tool and basing decisions on it will lose anybody a lot of money, in any and every sport.
I thought you were a good bloke you are a utter up your own arse muppet, instead of coming on this forum toy should apply to the racing channel for a job as a gambling expert i.e (assh***!!!!)

The hewitt/ federer h2h, it doesn't matter???????? well next time they meet why don't you put your money on Hewitt, you are beginnig to be very annoying, Federer matured much later than Hewitt that's why the sudden turn around in latest h2h.

WHAT IS YOUR POINT WITH HENMAN HEWITT he is far superior, well they have both been top ten players in last few years it's nothing to do with that you muppet, it is there styles and henmans is right up hewitt avenue.

If you don't take head to head into account MR EXPERT !!!! you are a fool,

Roddick Federer is another one, styles make match ups,
If Hewitt met Federer in this event you would just sweep the fact Federer has kicked his ass over last few years under the carpet??? go and take your over opinionated s**** somewhere else.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:34 AM   #13
bad gambler

and now the poms are at it against each other, let me get the popcorn
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 09:39 AM   #14
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by srkiknez

Hewitt L. v Davydenko N.
Yesterday I made mistake and pissed off all Aussie and Hewitt fans. I will not make mistake again today I am Mario Ancic and Argentina team fan... Sorry, but we cannot be at the same side always...

I didn't have a problem with you picking Ancic over Hewitt, I mean it's your money to lose so that's not my problem

My problem is when you come in here with 10 posts and use Hewitt as being an apparent pussy to back your reasoning, when you would be hard pressed to find a bigger fighter on the tour then Hewitt

And just out of interest, what is your pick in this match?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 09:40 AM   #15
Banned!

Quote:
I could go on, drudging up another dozen examples, but we'd be here all day. The fact of the matter is that a head-to-head for the most part reflects nothing more than the circumstances at various particular points in time. Viewing it as an effective handicapping tool and basing decisions on it will lose anybody a lot of money, in any and every sport.
Ok, well how about the case of Safin and Santoro.

Since Marat hit puberty, Fabrice hasn't been a better player than him, yet he won their first 5 meetings, and holds a 7-3 record over him.

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/player...onent=10001229

How would you explain this? Other than the way that Santoro's game bothers Marat?