::: VAMOS RAFA IN US OPEN ::: - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-29-2005, 08:13 PM   #46
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ::: VAMOS RAFA IN US OPEN :::

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
you really like it Sjoukje? it's looks so yoga-y.
yeah...... me likes
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2005, 09:09 PM   #47
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:14 PM   #48
country flag ayena

ayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats for great match and great win Rafa

*Tommy *Fernando *Feliciano*Rafael *JCF
*Carlos*Bryan Brothers *Andy R.

"Life has a way of inspiring us..."
ayena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:16 PM   #49
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

RAFA !!!
a nice and easy win !!!

KEEP WINNING !!!! and making some damage out there

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:20 PM   #50
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki
I dont like the red shirt. Looks like it's to small
Bring back the orange one Rafa
I don't like it either ... I want to see Rafa again with his white pants and orange shirt ...

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 05:57 AM   #51
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

woah ok...still undecided about that outfit...i definitely prefer the orange shirt and white pants but quite frankly, he could go out there and play in a loin cloth and i wouldn't care...i'm not interested in what he's wearing or how he looks, i just want him to win this damn tourny!!!!!!!!! great comfortable win yesterday for him...hope it continues that way...and i'm also VERY HAPPY to see he's made the sensible decision not to play doubles. when i was looking through the draw i was saying to myself "please don't let Rafa be playing doubles"...at least now he can just focus on singles without tiring himself out unnecessarily

VAMOS RAFA!!! A POR EL TITULO!!!
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:04 AM   #52
country flag veyonce

veyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond repute

If he wasn't injured during Cincinnati, I think he would still join doubles.. Recalled the reason he gave in a previous interview... lol... Think he has learnt to not to push himself so hard in every tournament..

Nadal's Power and Style a Rare Combination
By HARVEY ARATON, New York Times
Published: August 30, 2005

RAFAEL NADAL will not be ignored, overlooked or difficult to locate.

He was the 6-foot swashbuckler in the white head wrap, the red muscle shirt and the black capri pants yesterday, toweling off his bulging, bronzed biceps between points during a 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 victory over the American wild-card entrant Bobby Reynolds in the first round of the United States Open.

Men's tennis hasn't seen an upper body quite like Nadal's, but don't be fooled by the stone-cut look - it's remarkably deceiving, stylistically speaking. Far from the indistinguishable cowboys in baseball caps, Nadal of clay-court land, more commonly known as Spain, is no generic power boy who is all serve and swagger, fire and forehand.

Based solely on his brief and modest hardcourt history, he is also no Andy Roddick. Yet with every passing month and each Roddick failure to dent the Roger Federer mystique, the perception grows that Nadal has surpassed him as the primary Tour contender.

After Nadal celebrated his 19th birthday by taking Federer out of the French Open semifinals on his way to his first Grand Slam title, Time magazine hailed the match as "spawning a rivalry with John McEnroe-Bjorn Borg potential." Federer, the reigning United States Open champion, called Nadal's unbridled athleticism mixed with wildly inventive shot-making extraordinary, though in an interview last week he was loyal to his peer group.

"Roddick will be unbeatable if he can serve and storm all the time," Federer said. "That's almost impossible, but that's something you have no control over. With Nadal, he lets you play, at least."

It's difficult to make the case for a Federer-Roddick rivalry, unless it's like Yankees-Red Sox (and Roddick has the one victory in 11 attempts to sustain that historical assessment). It is altogether premature to say that Roddick, who turns 23 today, is already over. But it's also on Roddick to head off Nadal in a potential semifinal here, assuming Nadal, who won his first hardcourt tournament this month in Montreal and nearly beat Federer in Miami last spring, is ready to make it that far.

"The hardcourt, if it's slow, is not too much difference than clay," Nadal said.

Asked if the blue cement at Arthur Ashe Stadium met that standard, Nadal said, "No, not too much, no."

Whatever was lost in translation, there is near-universal acknowledgment that Nadal is much more than what we have come to expect from the army of dirt-balling Spaniards in the mold of Carlos Moya, one of Nadal's heroes growing up on the island of Majorca. His pedestrian serve doesn't scare opponents, least of all Federer, but neither did Andre Agassi's, and he exploded on the tennis scene in much the same manner as Nadal and remains the only player of his generation to win all four Slam events.

Nadal's ascent to No. 2 in the rankings is another reminder of America's diminishing place in the tennis world order. Here at its own Grand Slam, the United States can boast of three seeded players apiece in the men's and women's draws out of 64 - and two of them, Agassi and Lindsay Davenport, are playing on a year-to-year basis.

American tennis has fallen a long, long way since 1987, Nick Bollettieri conceded, when his academy alone sprinkled the Open draws with 26 players. "You're seeing great athletes from all over the world going into tennis now, but in this country, the best athletes go into other sports," he said. "That's hitting the nail on the head."

Now Europeans dominate the draws, set the trends, dare to bare arms, especially since Nadal dominated the clay-court season and rocketed to French Open fame.

When Bollettieri finished a scheduled talk yesterday on how to nurture a budding tennis career to a group of youngsters in one of the Open's special activity areas, a slender teenage boy approached.

"How much time should you spend in the gym?" said the boy, Justin Coache, 16, of Bow, N.H.

"Tennis is a sport where you want to be flexible and fast," Bollettieri said. "You don't want to spend too much time in the gym. You don't want to become overmuscled."

"But what about Nadal?" the boy asked.

Good question.

Turns out that young Coache, a high school varsity player, watched Nadal practice during the weekend, and afterward coaxed him into posing for a photo. Startled by how scrawny his son looked next to Nadal - the way most tennis players do - Coache's father, Greg, said he wanted to learn more about whether bigger was necessarily better.

"If you can get that extra strength but stay flexible, I guess Nadal is proving that it may be," Bollettieri said. "But the most important thing now is that you have to be a great athlete."

That's hitting the nail on the Nadal. Muscled up top as he is, it'll be his legs that carry him as far as he's going to go. From a family of soccer players that produced one national team player, an uncle, Nadal's most compelling quality is not all that different than Federer's: he gets to balls most players give up on, and he has the racket control to make shots as colorful as his clothes.

Djokovic after his Madrid 2009 Semi with Rafa: “Next time I’ll probably take two rackets on the match point and try to hit with both of them. It’s frustrating that when you play so well you can’t win.”
veyonce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:13 AM   #53
country flag veyonce

veyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal brings charismatic game to U.S. Open

Associated Press
29 August 2005

NEW YORK (AP) - The love affair begins.

Rafael Nadal and the U.S. Open are made for each other. He is high-energy personified, a New York kind of guy - big, bold and muscular on court, impossible to ignore in his skintight, sleeveless, Big Apple red shirt and black toreador pants.

The king of clay, who captured the French Open two days after he turned 19 in June, showed in round one of the year's final Grand Slam event Monday that he can be just as dominating on hard courts.

Seeded second behind Roger Federer, Nadal unleashed fiery flashes reminiscent of a young Jimmy Connors amid a workmanlike 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 rout of hard-serving American wild card Bobby Reynolds on a hot, muggy opening day.

One point demonstrated Nadal's talents and tenacity. He lunged to return a 123 mph serve by Reynolds, a former Vanderbilt All-American, leapt to catch up to two overheads and keep them in play, then sprinted in from beyond the baseline to pounce on Reynolds' drop shot and pass him with a winner. The crowd in Arthur Ashe Stadium roared as Nadal dropped dramatically to his knees and bounced to his feet, punching the air with a left-handed uppercut just as Connors once did.

Nadal is a far more mature, exciting and efficient player than he was in his first two U.S. Open appearances the past two years, when he was sent packing in the second round each time. This has been a breakthrough year for him. He's won not only his first major title but eight other tournaments, including the Montreal Masters on hard courts two weeks ago, with a three-set victory over Andre Agassi in the final.

"The last two years when I was coming here, I was playing very, very bad ... but the worst moment in the year (was) when I come to the U.S. Open," Nadal said. "I think now is a little bit different, no?"

Yes, it is very different.

Djokovic after his Madrid 2009 Semi with Rafa: “Next time I’ll probably take two rackets on the match point and try to hit with both of them. It’s frustrating that when you play so well you can’t win.”
veyonce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:44 PM   #54
country flag eddie_hyden

eddie_hyden has a reputation beyond reputeeddie_hyden has a reputation beyond reputeeddie_hyden has a reputation beyond reputeeddie_hyden has a reputation beyond reputeeddie_hyden has a reputation beyond reputeeddie_hyden has a reputation beyond reputeeddie_hyden has a reputation beyond reputeeddie_hyden has a reputation beyond reputeeddie_hyden has a reputation beyond reputeeddie_hyden has a reputation beyond reputeeddie_hyden has a reputation beyond repute

just caught a glimpse of him, like 2 seconds in tv sport news. i'd have to wait for the weekend when i'm at home to watch him play properly. but that red shirt does look a tad too small, should loosen it a bit, looks too funny ;p

who's his next opponent? whoever it is, VAMOS RAFA!!

good day!!

...ed
eddie_hyden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:47 PM   #55
country flag VingaRafel

VingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond repute

Vinga Rafel... go get'em!!.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:49 PM   #56
country flag VingaRafel

VingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie_hyden
who's his next opponent? whoever it is, VAMOS RAFA!!

...ed
His next opponent is American Scoville Jenkins who is on FIRE himself!
Old 08-30-2005, 02:28 PM   #57
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...hopefully Rafa can still win!! VINGA NEN!!!
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:30 PM   #58
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

does anyone have a video of the highlights of his match?
Old 08-30-2005, 05:54 PM   #59
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon
does anyone have a video of the highlights of his match?
Saumon, you can watch highlights on the message board of htpp://vamosrafael.com

I'll give you a link:
Audio & Video thread
(it's on page 33, the last post of that page)
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:30 PM   #60
country flag Jorge

Jorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore
Saumon, you can watch highlights on the message board of htpp://vamosrafael.com

I'll give you a link:
Audio & Video thread
(it's on page 33, the last post of that page)
I am not saumon but thanx a lot for the link
Jorge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote