hewitt-safin-federer a little rough around the edges. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-18-2005, 11:00 AM   #1
country flag Rex

Rex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond repute
Default hewitt-safin-federer a little rough around the edges.

yeh- so they took time off and, of course hewitt did not want to- but he had the virus. Federer chose time off, and safin playing against medical advice.
What d'you think guys, are any of these three players confident in what they could do. i.e. win?????
Srichaphan- The Thai- ger of tennis.
Safin - The of tennis.
Bagdatis- The quotesman of tennis "my coach will watch, i will sleep with my girlfriend"
Kiefer- The naive guy, "yeh, me and seb are good friends"
Santoro- The double handed wizard of tennis.
Lopez- IS my hair right? IS my lipstick right?
Moya- The tatoo and muscles of tennis (although nadal kicks his ass in that department).
Tipsarevic- The tatoo of tennis, competing with moya.
Djokovic- Stole Jiri's surname

Sorry if I left out your favourite, just PM me to let me know-- thanks.
Rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2005, 11:09 AM   #2
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hewitt-safin-federer a little rough around the edges.

Please try not to put Hewitt in the same class as Federer or Safin.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #3
country flag yaasmeen

yaasmeen has a reputation beyond reputeyaasmeen has a reputation beyond reputeyaasmeen has a reputation beyond reputeyaasmeen has a reputation beyond reputeyaasmeen has a reputation beyond reputeyaasmeen has a reputation beyond reputeyaasmeen has a reputation beyond reputeyaasmeen has a reputation beyond reputeyaasmeen has a reputation beyond reputeyaasmeen has a reputation beyond reputeyaasmeen has a reputation beyond repute

i totally agree! (all of the Hewitt supporters soon will come to yell at us...but -- a great first comment)
yaasmeen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:25 AM   #4
country flag Auscon

Auscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaasmeen

i totally agree! (all of the Hewitt supporters soon will come to yell at us...but -- a great first comment)
IM NOT YELLING!!

& the rest of the Aussie armada

Rafael Nadal
Guillermo Coria

Taylor Dent

...better to reign in hell than serve in heaven...
Auscon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:25 AM   #5
country flag skel1983

skel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that

Why not???? he is a grand slam winner?? what's your problem, who cares if you don't like Hewitt, the guy is a former GS winner who was at year end number 1 for consecutive years, he is rightly in the same class!!!!!
skel1983 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:27 AM   #6
country flag Anna777

Anna777 has a reputation beyond reputeAnna777 has a reputation beyond reputeAnna777 has a reputation beyond reputeAnna777 has a reputation beyond reputeAnna777 has a reputation beyond reputeAnna777 has a reputation beyond reputeAnna777 has a reputation beyond reputeAnna777 has a reputation beyond reputeAnna777 has a reputation beyond reputeAnna777 has a reputation beyond reputeAnna777 has a reputation beyond repute

Good call.
Of course I think they have to have confidence if they even want to think about winning, but there'll always be some doubt in the back of their minds. A little time off just lets them chill.

*** CoRiA, SaFiN & NaDaL ***

Good luck to Hrbaty and all the Slovaks!!

I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight!
Anna777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:58 AM   #7
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute

How come Roddick's not the in group too...and he doesn't even have the excuse of "time off."

All four of the them needed three sets yesterday to prevail. I've said it over and over...tennis rewards repetition. So, yes, I think their collective absence has taken a bit of a toll.

They might be a little rusty, have an occasional mental lapse or confidence problem...but they still find a way to win. It should make the next few days quite interesting.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:20 PM   #8
country flag Nimomunz

Nimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983
Why not???? he is a grand slam winner?? what's your problem, who cares if you don't like Hewitt, the guy is a former GS winner who was at year end number 1 for consecutive years, he is rightly in the same class!!!!!
its not about achievements hey marats achievements arent anyhting to call home about. its abiout the possession of raw talent that hewitt doesnt have. hewitt is a grinder which isnt necessarily a bad thing is not pure talent. and of course they are rusty. i just hope this makes the future atp race like next year much more interesting!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:43 PM   #9
jmp

jmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond repute

Rex, I noticed this, too. I found it fascinating because Lleyton and Roger are usually extremely consistent. Marat's form is evident and he's pulling it together. He's more familiar with this happening to him, too. I'm interested in seeing if they are able to shake it off and improve with each match. Marat has a HUGE test today because his outdoor hard court record against Dominik is negative. *sending good vibes to Marat*

AQ, Andy isn't in the group because he hasn't totally lost focus for long stretches the way the other three mentioned have in their matches. His three setter against JCF was electrifying and very high quality throughout.

Last edited by jmp : 08-18-2005 at 12:46 PM.
jmp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #10
country flag skel1983

skel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Well we are talking about the big players being rusty??? why are they big players????? whay are they top of the rankings??? because they have class, the post was don't put Hewitt in the same category as Safin or Federer, this is measured by why they are top of there games because they win big matches. Hewitt has not got the shot's of Safin or Federer but to say he isn't class, his class is measured on how he has done in his chosen sport and he has done aswell as anyone in his current era apart from Federer.

As for Safin he has probably under achived in his career so far, but to say he hasn't done much?????? Two GS and i think 4 TMS title's, there is probably about 999 other pro's or even more who would love to have this in the locker.
skel1983 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:02 PM   #11
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp
AQ, Andy isn't in the group because he hasn't totally lost focus for long stretches the way the other three mentioned have in their matches.
Be sure to tell Debstah and the gang that.

Quote:
His three setter against JCF was electrifying and very high quality throughout.
Awesome. I recorded it last night and comtemplated taping over it with today's coverage...but saw the scoreline and figured it'd be worth watching. I'm glad I saved it and rustled up another tape.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:38 PM   #12
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
Federer chose time off
Unless I'm very badly mistaken Fed was injured too, he didnt just decide to go skinny dipping

Of all the 4 guys, Andy is the only 1 that looks decent, he is winning his matches with more authority, Safin and Fed are just getting through. Hewitt is using his battling spirit to get through. Understandable since Roddick has played most of the summer and these guys havent

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo

Last edited by oneandonlyhsn : 08-18-2005 at 01:40 PM.
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:49 PM   #13
country flag 1sun

1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute

no one comes close to federer or safin in the raw talent department, sum close in the results departement or better, ie hewitt, agassi,
Old 08-18-2005, 01:56 PM   #14
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by oneandonlyhsn
Of all the 4 guys, Andy is the only 1 that looks decent, he is winning his matches with more authority, Safin and Fed are just getting through. Hewitt is using his battling spirit to get through.
But the bottom line is~~~they are getting through!!
That's why they all are ranked as they are~~and they are all considered champions~~by most.

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #15
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunahielo
But the bottom line is~~~they are getting through!!
That's why they all are ranked as they are~~and they are all considered champions~~by most.
Ditto, what matters is that big W beside their name, champions pull through even if they have to grind through their matches

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote