Marin Cilic-new hope for croatian tennis - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-05-2006, 12:32 AM   #346
country flag lovemario

lovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marin Cilic-new hope for croatian tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by linus

something off topic first: i am thinking how to celebrate his 18th birth this September
tell me when you decide or, if it's a surprise, you'll tell me later how it went

Quote:
i wish Marin to adapt himself better in ATP tournaments, to play with all kinds of players even to lose much
he's doing just that I understand that you want him to do so even more I want it too

Quote:
1st of all, keep in good health and train himself more fit !!
yep

Quote:
OMG, i ask too much already, well, God, forgive me
don't worry sweetie, it's not Mario who you're talking about
lovemario is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2006, 03:03 AM   #347
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

i have printed down those two golden articles to take them by my side today to read carefully when i am on bus, waiting in quene and enjoy myself at tea shop... arhhh, so happy now
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:09 AM   #348
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemario
tell me when you decide or, if it's a surprise, you'll tell me later how it went
i think i could just do something tiny even my own birth, in fact, we hardly celebrate it grandly, we just enjoy dinner together in a big family

Quote:
don't worry sweetie, it's not Mario who you're talking about
ohh, my cute Marin he has a remarkable head too and sounds like that his characters fit me very much

Last edited by linus : 08-05-2006 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #349
country flag linus

Quote:
>> He was supposed to play Del Porto in the quarterfinals, another upcoming talent…

- I din't even look at the draw, Del Potro told me in the locker-room that we could have played each other. We've known each other for 3-4 years, we've played a lot of tournaments together. Other players of my generation, along with Del Potro, are Koroljev, Latvian Gulbus, trained by N. Pilic and Dutch Thiamo Da Bakker, Junior US Open champion.
hehe, i know Del Potro and cute Zhenya

Quote:
>> Umag is the place where he presented his new coach. After Andrej Tonejc and Alan Marić, his new coach is Boris Bulić. His brother Tvrtko was his first coach. He also has a great collaboration with Bob Brett, he's already spent around ten days on several occasions training with him.
hei, man, help my cute Marin much or i will... bad you

Quote:
>> Goran Ivanisevic spoke highly of him from the early age, connected him to Bob Brett, he's been great support for his career. Comparisons between him and Goran have started…
useless to do those comparisons first Mario now Marin let them do naturally

Quote:
- I don't want to think about it too much, I have to improve a lot of things to become a good player
wise guy, to run our own road

Quote:
My body will be completely shaped when I'm 20, 21.
woo

Quote:
>> Surfaces: all courts are slower, which isn't good for players like Čilić
Old 08-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #350
country flag linus

Quote:
>>He moved to Zagreb at the age of 14…

- When I first came to Zagreb,I only knew my godfather there and his wife. In the beginning, that was enough, with their help I felt like home. It took me half a year to learn my way in Zagreb, my godfather used to take me to practise. I kept telling my folks at Međugorje that I was fine, but I couldn't wait to go back home every month or so. I missed my family the most.
Ohhh, my cute guy how i wish i did be able to play with him at that time

Quote:
>> He didn't celebrate like 'crazy' when he won RGbecame first Croatian to win Junior GS title.
thats our beginning my cute Marin

Quote:
- It probably has something to do with genes, everyone in my family is like that. Of the same kind. I think that my quiet temper brought me more good than bad. One of the examples is the fact that I have never been pushed or burdened by my parents. Even if I'd be somewhat disappointed or mad because of some loss, when I'd talk to them at home, they'd say ''Doesn't matter, relax, it will be better''. I also didn't have to worry about anything financially either.
i have the similar family

Quote:
>> Even better example of what kind of a guy he is is the fact that he can live in a place that he lives. It's in Alplan, National tennis center, it's pretty bad and it absolutely shouldn't be place where best junior in the world and one of the biggest hopes in tennis should live. But Croatian Tennis Federation couldn't find him anything better.
sorry, Gornada, want more info for this topic

Marin, come to my house

Quote:
>> He's not rushing anywhere, accepts everything peacefully. He's still without agent, agency to represent him, ease his breakthrough into the tennis world. He's done a lot of it by himself anyway.
FILA is not a good choice !!

Quote:
>>Bob Brett
now i decide to respect this man
Old 08-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #351
country flag m-a-r-a

m-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond repute

AJMO MARINE!!!!
m-a-r-a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #352
country flag m-a-r-a

m-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond reputem-a-r-a has a reputation beyond repute

MARINE IS GOING TO BE NO.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m-a-r-a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #353
country flag lovemario

lovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mara dobrodošla

Yes, #1 spot is reserved for him, it's just a matter of time
Old 08-06-2006, 12:53 PM   #354
country flag lovemario

Tosee sweetie I have given you so much to think about

Quote:
i think i could just do something tiny
As long as it comes from the heart size doesn't matter

Quote:
useless to do those comparisons first Mario now Marin let them do naturally
Useless, indeed, you've heard what Mario spoke of Goran, so comparisons with him are taken as natural here It's up to guy to achieve his own stuff to move away from them
Old 08-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #355
country flag lovemario

Quote:

sorry, Gordana, want more info for this topic
This is the first time I've heard of it, too. Promise to get back to you when I fin out more
Old 08-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #356
country flag linus

Quote:
Useless, indeed, you've heard what Mario spoke of Goran, so comparisons with him are taken as natural here It's up to guy to achieve his own stuff to move away from them
it is a bit easier to find some excuse for the comparison to Mario coz he did grow up his tennis with Goran though still useless to do that

while Marin wholly a different story, God knows
Old 08-07-2006, 01:57 PM   #357
country flag linus

Quote:
This is the first time I've heard of it, too. Promise to get back to you when I fin out more
thank you

Marin really good at communication
Old 08-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #358
country flag lovemario

Quote:
Marin really good at communication
He's ok The funny thing about that is that since he's from Mostar (and Međugorje), so, much closer to me and has that funny Herzegovinian accent, (which you've never heard of, but doesn't matter) and I usually laugh when he speaks. Especially cause he tries really hard to think before talk (which is good ) and he's also pretty nervous (it still isn't sth he does on regular basis ), in the end it all pretty funny to me

As for Goran comparisons (I know he's not someone you like ), like i said, it's inevitable cause here, he's a walking legend It's not that he's treated like god or anything (which we've seen from DC soap opera), it's just that he's been so successful in the worst period for our country (war, obviously), there's certain feeling abt him, whenever his name is mentioned in this context, and back then, ppl who have never heard of Croatia usually knew who he was, so we were pretty much known for war and Goran (for those who heard of Croatia). The other reason is also cause it's such a small country and there are no dozens like him, you know, in countries with 50-100 million ppl, there are plenty of great athletes, but when there are 4,5 million ppl, it's hard…
What's unbeliveable to me: recently there was this poll about most important Cro sport success (since we like to brag that we're sport nation, which is true ) and his Wimbledon was #1, above the bronze medal in WC of national football team (and you know what football means in Europe, it was like national holiday when our team played in Germany), over DC, over gold medals of handball team, basketball team…he's just sth special and every new kid on the block will probably be compared to him
Old 08-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #359
country flag linus

Quote:
As for Goran comparisons (I know he's not someone you like ), like i said, it's inevitable cause here, he's a walking legend It's not that he's treated like god or anything (which we've seen from DC soap opera), it's just that he's been so successful in the worst period for our country (war, obviously), there's certain feeling abt him, whenever his name is mentioned in this context, and back then, ppl who have never heard of Croatia usually knew who he was, so we were pretty much known for war and Goran (for those who heard of Croatia). The other reason is also cause it's such a small country and there are no dozens like him, you know, in countries with 50-100 million ppl, there are plenty of great athletes, but when there are 4,5 million ppl, it's hard…
What's unbeliveable to me: recently there was this poll about most important Cro sport success (since we like to brag that we're sport nation, which is true ) and his Wimbledon was #1, above the bronze medal in WC of national football team (and you know what football means in Europe, it was like national holiday when our team played in Germany), over DC, over gold medals of handball team, basketball team…he's just sth special and every new kid on the block will probably be compared to him
it makes me clearer and a bit easier to think the comparison as a kind of happy things though still hard to take part in it

God bless Marin would grow up more freely
Old 08-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #360
country flag linus

Quote:
He's ok The funny thing about that is that since he's from Mostar (and Međugorje), so, much closer to me and has that funny Herzegovinian accent, (which you've never heard of, but doesn't matter) and I usually laugh when he speaks. Especially cause he tries really hard to think before talk (which is good ) and he's also pretty nervous (it still isn't sth he does on regular basis ), in the end it all pretty funny to me
how interesting to know those

wish myself have chance to listen to...i mean... enjoy... his "funny Herzegovinian accent" while his english sounds so ok Marin has a very nice voice the two audio interviews of his are active in my IPOD NANO

oh, sometimes i act like Marin, a bit nervous and ask myself to take a good think how to speak, too

btw, dont laugh at my Marin but allowed to get happiness from him