So what should Andre do now? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-14-2005, 09:34 PM   #1
country flag BAMJ6

BAMJ6 has a reputation beyond reputeBAMJ6 has a reputation beyond reputeBAMJ6 has a reputation beyond reputeBAMJ6 has a reputation beyond reputeBAMJ6 has a reputation beyond reputeBAMJ6 has a reputation beyond reputeBAMJ6 has a reputation beyond reputeBAMJ6 has a reputation beyond reputeBAMJ6 has a reputation beyond reputeBAMJ6 has a reputation beyond reputeBAMJ6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default So what should Andre do now?

Well he went far in the Rogers Cup, ending up 1 set short to Nadal which there's no shame in. Will he go to Cincy, or withdraw to rest and give himself a chance in Flushing. There's also a choice for the cynics who are calling for the old man to go away, Rafa torched him.
BAMJ6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2005, 01:01 AM   #2
country flag cedez

cedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what should Andre do now?

Hey, he took a set off Nadal, which is more than anyone else managed to do. I don't think Andre critics have much of a leg to stand on, especially considering he played two matches the day before the final! As much as I would love to see Andre play next week, I really wouldn't be surprised to see him withdraw. He has a pretty touch draw, and I'm sure he doesn't want to tire himself out just before the US Open.
cedez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:58 AM   #3
country flag *M*

*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMJ6
Well he went far in the Rogers Cup, ending up 1 set short to Nadal which there's no shame in. Will he go to Cincy, or withdraw to rest and give himself a chance in Flushing. There's also a choice for the cynics who are calling for the old man to go away, Rafa torched him.
He's already withdrawn: http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennis...7&bannerregion=
*M* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:59 AM   #4
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *M*
No

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:10 AM   #5
country flag AZILANA

AZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond repute

It's maybe for the better...He wants to rest and prepare for the US open...
AZILANA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:03 PM   #6
RebelNYC

RebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond repute

I think withdrawing is a good idea. He had a tough tournament, having to play two
matches in one day and just didn't have enough left for the final. Rafael is a tough
tough player and Andre did pretty good against him. I say get ready for the US Open.
RebelNYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 06:28 PM   #7
country flag AgassiDomination

AgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond repute

Bad back forces Agassi to pull out of Cincinnati tournament

By JOE KAY, AP Sports Writer
August 15, 2005
MASON, Ohio (AP) -- Andre Agassi's sore back is bothering him again, forcing him to take a couple of weeks off so he can play in the U.S. Open.

The 35-year-old Agassi felt soreness after a three-set loss to Rafael Nadal in Montreal on Sunday. He decided to pull out of the Cincinnati Masters, which he won last year, rather than aggravate the problem.

Agassi was reluctant to skip Cincinnati, where he is the fans' favorite and has enjoyed a lot of success. He plans to use the next couple of weeks to get his back ready for the U.S. Open.

``The alternative is me not being at my best, me being out there in the situation where I can do more damage to myself and not be part of more tournaments,'' Agassi said. ``I'm trying to negotiate a career, how I'm going to go about my profession. Making the wrong decision is going to have big ramifications for me at this stage.''

Agassi beat Lleyton Hewitt 6-3, 3-6, 6-2 in the finals at Cincinnati last year, his third win at the tournament. He notified tournament organizers late Sunday that he wouldn't be able to play this week, but came to the tournament anyway.

Agassi wanted to explain his decision in person, and had a meeting scheduled with representatives of Adidas, his new sponsor.

``It weighs heavily, if anything in guilt,'' he said of his decision to withdraw. ``It's tough to feel like you're letting down a tournament.''

Agassi will limit his workouts in the next couple of weeks, giving the back a chance to recover. He is considering another cortisone injection for an inflamed nerve, which has hampered him for the last couple of years.

The back acted up during his first-round loss in the French Open this year, forcing him to skip Wimbledon for the second year in a row. He decided he would only play if the back felt fine, and had a successful return last month.

He won the Mercedes-Benz Cup, his first ATP title in nearly a year. Agassi then withdrew from the Legg Mason Tennis Classic in Washington to give his back some rest.

Agassi, currently ranked No. 9 in the world, is 32-10 this season. He had a 10-match winning streak before the loss to Nadal on Sunday.

Agassi has won 60 tournaments, including eight grand slams, in his 19-year career. He hopes to play for a couple more years.
---------------------------------------------------
Definetly a good idea in my opinion for Agassi to skip Cincy, nobody wants to see him aggrivate his back again
AgassiDomination is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:52 PM   #8
country flag AWM79

AWM79 has a reputation beyond reputeAWM79 has a reputation beyond reputeAWM79 has a reputation beyond reputeAWM79 has a reputation beyond reputeAWM79 has a reputation beyond reputeAWM79 has a reputation beyond reputeAWM79 has a reputation beyond reputeAWM79 has a reputation beyond reputeAWM79 has a reputation beyond reputeAWM79 has a reputation beyond reputeAWM79 has a reputation beyond repute

If his back is bothering him then it's better he rests up for the US Open. I'd much rather watch him there than at Cincinnati.
AWM79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:29 AM   #9
doubleafan

doubleafan is a splendid one to beholddoubleafan is a splendid one to beholddoubleafan is a splendid one to beholddoubleafan is a splendid one to beholddoubleafan is a splendid one to beholddoubleafan is a splendid one to beholddoubleafan is a splendid one to behold

It's deplorable that Nadal engaged in gamesmanship. Taking 50 seconds between points when actually Agassi was serving.
I think Agassi nearly pulled it off in the final after playing two big matches the day before.

Shame on you Nadal !!!
doubleafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:22 PM   #10
RebelNYC

RebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleafan
It's deplorable that Nadal engaged in gamesmanship. Taking 50 seconds between points when actually Agassi was serving.
I think Agassi nearly pulled it off in the final after playing two big matches the day before.

Shame on you Nadal !!!

Agreed!
RebelNYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote