Chloe Goes to Montreal - With Pictures! (Warning: I'm long winded!) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #1
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chloe Goes to Montreal - With Pictures! (Warning: I'm long winded!)

In the off chance that anybody cares, I'll post a summary of what I did over the last three days here. I attended Sunday qualies and Monday and Tuesday of the main draw. Now, if you're looking for match reports, look elsewhere. I don't make notes during matches. My commentary will be people based, not play based Also, if you don't want to sift through boring details of my trip... close the thread now, because I'm posting this on my board as well and after spending an hour fixing my photos, I will be damned if I'm editting my report to make it more MTF friendly

Speaking of my photos... I took about 200. If I missed your favourite player or you don't like that I took 91230483 photos of C Rochus or whoever, that's just too bad It was my first time using my digital at tennis and the photos sort of blow. But I tried Some players I took like 8 of, others only 1. It depends on 1) how much I like them and 2) how convenient their timing was (ie; in the case of C Rochus, which I will explain later)

Now, those of you who have had to suffer through recent MSN conversations with me know how excited I was to see Nicolas Mahut. Anybody who laughs at my shameless Mahut crush must immediately close this thread and never return!!! Anyways, I discovered before leaving to catch my bus Saturday night that Mahut was playing at 10am. I didn't think I would arrive in Montreal until 9:30 and had to check my bags at my hostel first, so I thought that I would miss most of his match. Thankfully, it turns out that I was not supposed to take the greyhound anyways, and the bus line that I ended up taking got me there for 6:30am

After checking into my hostel I walked in a huge circle for half an hour, arrived at the train station, and ate some breakfast before heading down to the metro for tennis.

Since Mahut-Weiner was my first plan for the day, I just unnecessarily camped out on that court for 20 minutes during Ivo Heuberger's practice session and waited for them to arrive.

That ended up being the only qualie match that I watched all the way through. It wasn't very long, so that was nice. My attention span sort of blows, so it's a wonder if I manage my way through an entire match without getting up a few times. Mahut won, so I was pleased. The only thing about the match that sort of irked me was that this 8 year old boy beside me started being very vocal in his support for Mahut mid match. I was like... I can't crush with a child beside me! I felt horribly wrong. Anyways, Mahut is pretty volatile, at least he was both times I saw him. He had to refrain from crushing his racquet several times, was easily distracted (he kept glaring in the distance at some music that was playing), etc. He was fiery! I like my players fiery, so I was not dissapointed

Assuming anybody is actually still reading after that two paragraph gush, I went to watch practices after that match. I saw JCF practicing with.. Rusedski, I suppose it was. Then I watched Robredo practice with Gasquet for a while and took lots of pictures of both, and some of Robredo's coach, aka "Hot Coach". I also so Rochus and Gonzo across from each other on different courts... then I went back to Robredo and Gassy again, blah.

Then, it was Rafa time. He was wearing what appeared to be a red spandex tank top and his painted on black capris. This woman's husband was blocking my view and she saw I was trying ot get a photo so she told him to duck... I told them not to worry about it and she says "oh no, go ahead. Get a good one... it's worth it!" She must have been twice Rafa's age, it was super

Blah, I also saw Grosjean and Paul Henri Mathieu (who I had failed to notice was very attractive the first several tiems I had seen him... who knew?) on seperate courts and have photos of both. Same with Spadea and Soderling who may or may not have been practicing together Maybe it was PHM with Spadea? I should have written stuff down.

Anyways, I resumed watching matches after this. I saw some of Moodie and Wawrinka's match. I also watched most of the first set of Djokovic (who I am now a bopper of) and Sanguinetti. I was tired and left, but I thought Djokovic was going to win at that point, even though Davide had just broken back.

After the tennis I went back to the hostel and then planned to meet up with some MTFers, one of whom was Savestheday or something like that, and the rest whom I haven't bothered to ask if I can name yet. It took a while to meet them since I was on the wrong end of Rene Levesque looking for the hotel. It was not my fault! Um, then we had dinner and booze and stuff, and some people may have rubbed themselves crudely up against a poster of Rafa.

I was in bed by 11 and that was all she wrote.

I will put pictures up for Sunday soon and write about the other days soon too.

Chocking makes me sad.

Last edited by Chloe : 08-11-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2005, 10:13 PM   #2

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chloe Goes to Montreal (Warning: I'm long winded!)

Okay, here is the link to my photo album: http://www.menstennisforums.com/phot...500&ppuser=144

I didn't tag any of them because like, most of them blow. But if for some weird reason somebody wants to use them, please PM me. It's really not that hard to PM me and then throw me a link on your website. I've found random crap photos I took before on people's sites and it was just like - huh? Just ask!

Anyways, could somebody please verify that "Saulnier" actually IS Saulnier? Because like, it might not be, and if it's not I would like to give this person their proper name If I messed anybody else up, even just the spelling, let me know.

Erm, actually nevermind. They apparently don't save under the names that I gave them on my harddrive. I thought the baldish guy in blue adidas was Saulnier, so if somebody could tell me who that is I would appreciate it

I will post pictures and talk about MOnday and Tuesday later tonight.

Chocking makes me sad.

Last edited by Chloe : 08-10-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:15 PM   #3

Oh, does anybody know what Djokovic's coach looks like, btw? I was sitting behind some people with IDs that were very pro Novak and seemed to be discussing the match (not in english), so I thought perhaps one of them was. Another guy came in mid match and sat with them and I couldn't figure out who it was, but I saw him practicing about 1200 times during the three days I was there. I figured out sometime later that it was Seppi.

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:47 PM   #4
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rebecca Were you at Tommy Robredo's match with Kevin Kim by any chance? I saw it live on TV and Tommy got a warning after an iffy call. I assumed it was for bad language but I read somewhere that the ballboy threw the ball to Tommy to serve and instead of catching it, he hit it back towards the linejudge who corrected their call and got the warning for that. That doesn't sound very Tommy-like but whatever happened TV never showed it, and there was no commentary either so I just wondered if you were there and saw what happened?
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:49 PM   #5

I wasn't there, but I know somebody who was. Maybe she can answer for you when she returns.

I was at Rochus and Mahut and then I caught the last set of Tommy's match. I will post about that day later tonight when my brain is working again.

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:55 PM   #6
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe
I wasn't there, but I know somebody who was. Maybe she can answer for you when she returns.

I was at Rochus and Mahut and then I caught the last set of Tommy's match. I will post about that day later tonight when my brain is working again.
Thanks
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:50 PM   #7
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Mahut is a BRAT. I'm eager to hear reports from your other days.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:29 AM   #8
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Okay! Hello! I am here! I have returned and I am here to answer the question as to what happened in the Tommy Robredo match.

As I told everyone I saw that day... Tommy decided to act like a 5 year old for about 5 minutes there.

What you heard happened, did actually happen. The ball was out, she didn't call it out, he throws a huge tantrum, acts 5, hits the ball at her, gets a warning, gets even madder. Some one yells at him from the crowd "TOMMY JUST PLAY" and he snaps out of it and then hits several NICE shots to take the game.

I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of this tantrum, but I was at the whole match waving the Spanish flag.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:31 AM   #9
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

And sidenote:

Nothing wrong with being a Djokovic bopper. I will take the credit for that.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarolBeckFan
Mahut is a BRAT.
No you di'int!

He's just passionate

Quote:
I'm eager to hear reports from your other days.
I'm starting Monday now. Monday was a short day too though.

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:14 AM   #11
#freeviktor

I meanwhile am interested to read your report of Tuesday because I am too lazy to write my own.

Old 08-11-2005, 02:22 AM   #12

Both will go up tonight. I'm just slow to get started. Don't worry, all the good Tuesday bits will be included. And then we shall rumble.

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:32 AM   #13
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe
Both will go up tonight. I'm just slow to get started. Don't worry, all the good Tuesday bits will be included. And then we shall rumble.
Oh goodness. I cannot wait.

Rumble we will. He probably practiced today and was like "Where'd they go?" lol.

Old 08-11-2005, 02:46 AM   #14
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to Montreal tomorrow I can't wait!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:49 AM   #15
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong
I'm going to Montreal tomorrow I can't wait!
Oooh have fun Good thing you weren't there today with all that rain!