KIWI in Cincinatti ------ Western & Southern Financial Group Masters!! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-16-2005, 08:33 PM   #31
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI in Cincinatti ------ Western & Southern Financial Group Masters!!

matches start at 11 am, according to the order of play posted in the tournament forum here at MTF.

As big as those hotel restaurants are, I'm surprised K & K didn't see more players at breakfast today, but perhaps some of them slept in a little bit when they woke up and heard the rain falling.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2005, 01:17 AM   #32
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI in Cincinatti ------ Western & Southern Financial Group Masters!!

Ok,Nicolas has a plan and WE already don't like it.he did't practice today.sure it was raining at 10am but he was in the gym.not practicing vs Federer tomorrow is not good.We saw him tonight,very happy,zooming off the parking lot.

Fee,there is lots of stuff going on here..there are players everywhere,we are tired and sure lots of stuff that we are not writing here cause we have no time,plus we need at some point to keep private lives ...private!

We will be at the tournament early tomorrow cause he will be there..lets al pray together!

This is Karen here. One funny thing about yesterday during the match, he almost tripped over his name plate that sits in front of his chair. It would be alwful to read retirement from match due to player tripping!

Becca, we will be there early since he didn't make practice today. He is going to practice very early. I'm sure we will run into you sometime tomorrow on the grounds. It's funny that way that you see people on the grounds when you are looking for them, except for Nicolas today.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 03:29 AM   #33
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiteami
Fee,there is lots of stuff going on here..there are players everywhere,we are tired and sure lots of stuff that we are not writing here cause we have no time,plus we need at some point to keep private lives ...private!
I'm confused. Why was this comment directed at me? Did I miss something?
Old 08-17-2005, 07:51 PM   #34
country flag Space Cowgirl

Space Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, Kiwi lost what seemed a very close match . Two breaks down in the third, he just couldn't get that one break back. Karen/Karine/Becca, reports please! How was he?

Rainer = Lion
Kiwi = Scarecrow
Tommy = Tin Man
Flo = Dorothy

...but I still love 'em

Member #2 of Waskeholics United
Space Cowgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:08 PM   #35
country flag Fee

What I saw on TV, Kiefer started out well and Roger looked rusty and agitated. In the second set Roger started to play better, got the break, and Nic started to get bothered by the linespeople, and whatever else. He showed some fire again in the third set and tried to take advantage of Roger's mistakes, but once again, Roger was able to squeeze out a win even when he wasn't playing his best tennis. I was happy to see Nic fight in the third set, but somehow I just knew that he wasn't going to catch Roger.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:50 PM   #36
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

A good try, Kiwi! But I think he needs to play even more perfectly, especially serving higher percentage and more consistent than today when he wants to beat Roger, even if Roger needed some time to get into the match. A low serve percentage of under 40% in a decisive third set can be just not enough, especially when Federer sees too many 2nd serves on break points when it matters.

I felt before that this might be the best chance of beating Federer since long time, the 2nd break in the third set was just too much and even though he could get one back when Federer was serving for the match a first time, the 2nd one was too much to overcome then and Federer hardly blows serving for the match twice anymore.

Winning again a set against Federer and breaking him as many times in one match as he probably gets broken by all other opponents facing the whole tournament isn't too shabby.

Overall, I rate this loss as "better" and as more "positive" than the one against Agassi (and of course the one against Rusedski, too) and I hope he can profit from this match somehow and that he enters the US Open in hot form, hopefully getting a good quarter and avoiding Federer, Agassi, Roddick et all at least until the QF.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:58 PM   #37
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Hi people.it was a very tough day and we are waiting to go out to eat..who knows maybe next to him! anyway we (Karen and I) were in the first row,not our seats but we have pretty good contacts here now!!! He played pretty good and NO wasn't mean at all,kept his cool.We are happy.he will probably leave tomorrow.we will keep you updated about that.Rodger was just too good.But we are very proud of him,told him so after the match.it is sad in a way but like he always says:c'est la vie! he is and always will be our player..esp after that match..we are hooked 4 life.

oh he parcticed for 30 minutes today and to our surprise he was..happy,smiling,laughing..you know THAT might actually be his new plan!!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:06 AM   #38
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiteami
he is and always will be our player..esp after that match..we are hooked 4 life.
sure, always!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:50 AM   #39
country flag zethand

zethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond repute

He took another attitude toward this match.. and this is a change... So, well done Kiwi!
zethand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:55 AM   #40
country flag kiwiteami

Before we go to bed,here is the story.they (dorff ,Thomas and Nicolas) went to dinner..hope they loved that mexican food there! lol.Karen and I decided that Italian food would be better.we saw them going back to the hotel.He still had on this UGLY orange trucker cap that does NOTHINg for him!!! But he was wearing nice jeans and a blue shirt.My guess is that they will leave tomorrow and i will do ANYTHING to catch before he leaves! i need to say goodbye ,he knows that.So we are tired and NIGHt go to King's island tomorrow cause we need some fun.a lot of people saw us on tv..thanks for the emails but STOP emailing PLEASE! Brad Gilbert at some point,almost in front of us,looked at us and said,those 2 most be part of his entourage! LOL.Anyway tomorrow might be VERY painful for me..to say goodbye,but it has to be done.I might not be able to go on the computer tomorrow ,too emotional,yes I am crazy but he will miss him dearly and won't see him untl march.bye
Old 08-18-2005, 04:07 AM   #41
country flag Fee

Karen and Karinne, thanks for the reports this week. Sounds like you've had a great time and you took the time to share it with us. I understand how hard it will be for you to say goodbye (I went through that earlier this year with a player that I am fond of). I hope that you see him before he leaves.

Have a good time for the rest of the week, and safe flights home.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Old 08-18-2005, 10:29 AM   #42
country flag kiwiteami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Karen and Karinne, thanks for the reports this week. Sounds like you've had a great time and you took the time to share it with us. I understand how hard it will be for you to say goodbye (I went through that earlier this year with a player that I am fond of). I hope that you see him before he leaves.

Have a good time for the rest of the week, and safe flights home.

No problem Fee.Yes it is very difficult for me to say goodbye after a wonderful summer,actual the best in my life..thanks to him! I have been having lots of fun here thanks to Karen.The poor girl has to put up with me..lol.Oh,Lapentti is now leaving..lol.A lot of people might not understand the situation,but he is like a friend now..and it is saying goodbye to a friend that I wil miss dearly..it is not even about the tennis player.Karen and I are having fun tracking him down...lol.and yes I hope that our flights will be safe.But I think that one of the best part of this trip is..I found a friend..Karen! So see,this forum here is a GOOD thing! lol...bye
Old 08-18-2005, 12:53 PM   #43
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I have had a great time at the tournament. It has been fun. Nicolas has been off and on around here. We were hoping to to say a personal goodbye and say to good luck for the remainder of the year. But if not, it has been a good week. I'm here emotionally for Karine since she has more of a relationship with Nicolas. I'm to him the crazy girl always next to Karine with the southern accent. Hey maybe hearing my southern accent made him eat Mexican food last night. He had a hankering for Mexican food.

The match was good yesterday. I'm proud of him and he should be pleased. After the match, we ate Italian. Sorry Mexican food in Ohio isn't a good thing. Afterwards, I drank at the bar and I met a nice guy but I just wasn't too interested. He was nice and wanted to see me today but who knows.

Better go, Ancic walked by and started to distract me. Plus Tommy Robredo's hot coach need the computer. Too bad he is too short.
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 06:39 PM   #44
country flag kiwiteami

Hello again.we are back at the hotel and nO he did not practice but we seemed to keep on running into Dorff! He left for lunch,no we didn't see him but the car was gone.We took a nap causde we are SO freaking tired.And now he is back and we didn't see him come back.We went to Biggs and Karen saw P-H Mathieu and now they fell in love at Biggs! lol.We will now be going at the pool..who knows,he might actually come.We will try to catch him tonight for dinner and will tell you about it..no mexican food tonight...but I hope he"ll eat pasta or a steak..lol.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:10 AM   #45
country flag kiwiteami

It is past midnight,we are having fun at the bar with lots of players..but Nicolas is in his room and has been since we ran into him around 8;30pm.he was in a good mood,smiled and said bonsoir and he had food in his hands.I am hoping to catch him tomorrow before I leave on saturday.Karen is leabving tomorrow.Again it will be very tough.