KIWI in Cincinatti ------ Western & Southern Financial Group Masters!! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-14-2005, 03:19 PM   #16
country flag zethand

zethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI in Cincinatti ------ Western & Southern Financial Group Masters!!

Thanks for the reports.. Keep posting and tell us everything you see there
zethand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2005, 03:54 PM   #17
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI in Cincinatti ------ Western & Southern Financial Group Masters!!

Hi there,I,m with Karen at the tennis tournament.we just saw Nicolas practiced for more than an hour.Yes the girl was there..a new girlfriend or not,we aare not sure cause she is not acting like one! I talked to him in french,he was making fun of me acuse I almost died in a plane yesterday! lol.He said that he will never be in a flight with me..I<m bad luck! lol.Anyway it was a good practice.he said that there is nothjing to do here and what I did yesterday and will do today,I told him that I didn t know.he was happy,laughing and smiling.Look i don't about the girl if she is the new giorlfriend or not but you know,he didn't look at her and he was flirting with me...ask Karen.We are hopeful to see him tonight.it is like all the crap and mental case that her was in montreal never happenned.I have no shame just ask Karen she will tell you.talk to you soon..here is Karen

Yes, Karine is correct. She has no shame. Nicolas is quite friendly with her. I was basically doing my own thing. I was watching the practice and he was playing a practice set with Beck. I think he won the set. Not sure. He was serving and volleying on most points. I don't know if he was trying to improve his performance over Agassi last thursday when his 1st serve percentage was poor and the drop shot volley last only half a set. Sorry for the techno talk, Karine is the gossip reporter He did smile at us and I said good practice. Afterwards he was checking the status of the qualifying to see who he might play next. Other than that, nothing much else to report. He still is doing the John Travolta Saturday Night Fever look with 5 chains around his neck. Obviously, the new "friend" isn't steering him in the right fashion sense. Also, she was watching Moya practice more than Nicolas. So Karine is confused, I'm not sure what the deal is. Maybe she is a paid companion? Just kidding, Nicolas if you are reading this.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #18
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiteami
Hi,well I had lots of fun with Karen lasty night.and 2 other friends.We went to a resto and Gaudio was there.We are about to leave to go see Nicolas practice cause like usual it will be early.I didn t get much sleep..lol
Jeez! you got Puerta, Moya and now Gaston in like 24 hours... you're just tearing thru all my fave players now

Glad you guys are having fun! Keep the reports coming!

Last edited by mary b : 08-14-2005 at 04:22 PM.
knight_ley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:55 PM   #19
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing much happened the rest of the day. We saw Safin practicing today. He looked like he just came from Jamica. His hair was long and nasty with this junk facial hair growing on his face.

Were watching the Montreal Final and plan on going out to eat soon-probably the closest resturant Applebee's since we are tired and have a long day tomorrow since he is playing last tomorrow.
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:06 PM   #20
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Marat's actually there I didn't think he'd show... Why couldn't all these boys have been in Montreal?

Make sure you guys take pictures of Kiwi for us
Old 08-15-2005, 03:25 AM   #21
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

MONDAY ORDER OF PLAY

Grandstand
Matches Start At: 11:00 AM

Filippo VOLANDRI (ITA) vs Olivier ROCHUS (BEL)
followed by
Radek STEPANEK (CZE) vs Gael MONFILS (FRA)
followed by
Stefan KOUBEK (AUT) vs Juan Carlos FERRERO (ESP)
followed by
Fernando GONZALEZ (CHI) vs Novak DJOKOVIC (SCG)
followed by
Andrei PAVEL (ROM) vs David NALBANDIAN (ARG)
followed by
Nicolas KIEFER (GER) vsNicolas LAPENTTI (ECU)
Old 08-15-2005, 02:56 PM   #22
country flag IUBeccaKH2005

IUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Karine, Karen... (Karine you "saw" me in Indy blonde with ponytail. I am going to Cincinatti on Tuesday ALONE and I want to stay for some tennis... I was wondering if you guys knew the cheapest way to do tickets?? aaaand find a place to stay?? I was staying with a friend but, not to my great suprise, his girlfriend has now said "No Way!" ... any ideas? i will hopefully get in really late on Monday or reeeeally early on Tuesday!! Hopefully i'll hear back from you soon.

If you do get this, ask him if his new "friend's" name is Sacsha ?? Also...could you post your reply then copy/paste it to a real email... my email is rekharri@indiana.edu. Thanks girls!!
IUBeccaKH2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:39 PM   #23
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

Becca, this is French Karen and Texan Karen. We are at tennis. They have internet at the tournament. We will be here onTuesday. We just saw the mental headcase practice this morning. He was actually smiling and signing autographs. He said Bonjour. Strange enough the sun the sun came out. The world has stop turning. He was talking to someone in French and Karine was giving me the correct french prounciation. Horrible on my part because I bring my southern drawl into the mix.

Nicolas's "friend" was absent from practice and Karine saw him last night at the hotel-can't say what happened. But it's not what you think though.

We've seen almost everyone and will be at the match tonight. It's going to be a long day at tennis. Karine is suffering in the humidity. I'm used to it though. The temps are cool.

We saw Rafa today. He arrived this morning at the hotel from Montreal. My friend runs his unofficial soon tro be official website and he was nice to do some PR stuff for her and I took pictures of him signing autographs for the fans on the website.

Karine and I have a great marketing idea. Lots of players have the plastic Lance Armstrong like bands for x,y,z charity. So for Nicolas and all the other headcase players that we like to follow( mainly Nicolas) instead of the plastic wristband, we are going to market a real hospital bracelet that says mental headcase.

We will be at the match tonight. We will report later.

Becca, I'm pretty sure that there are not any hotels available. The city is extremely small and I already someone who is staying with me. My suggestion is to look on the internet and find the closest hotel for Mason, Ohio that might be available. There are some small towns nearby like Westchester.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:14 PM   #24

IUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: KIWI in Cincinatti ------ Western & Southern Financial Group Masters!!

Hey guys... Hopefully something will come up so that i can stay a couple days. I'm hoping this kid's girlfriend will chill out so i dont have to fork over major cash for a crummy hotel. I should be around early on Tuesday... hopefully we can somehow meet up or something, at least just to chit chat and see the "faces behind the names" ha.

Karen, i speak french ... but dont feel bad about the pronounciation... i'm positive that half the time im speaking, im pronouncing wrong... its the effort that counts, right??

Well hopefully we can all get in touch ... enjoy your day ahead and YELL LOUD for Kiwi tonight!!

-Becca
Old 08-16-2005, 05:36 AM   #25
country flag kek

Hola, Karine and I are back from tennis. I'm in the hotel on the laptop. Nicolas played well tonight. He was cool as a cucumber or Kiwi in his case. His serve was better and Nicolas was far better player on the court.

Very cute thing that happened today. His practiced a couple hours before the match and there was this little cute boy that we were talking to. He was about 5 and had a tennis ball for autographs. He said he wanted Nicolas's autograph. We said good luck since he is a grouch especially before a match. But he must have woken up on the right side of the bed. After practice he signed the boy's ball and stood behind him while the kid's parent's was filming it and they were waving to the camera. It looked like they were heading to Disney World. Very cute. Everyone started clapping and cheering.

I'm tired so we'll report more later. Becca, i'm not worried about my lack of French. Trust me, there isn't a large French population in Texas, but I'm having fun learning. I better stick to Spanish as my 2nd language.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:25 AM   #26
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Kiefer def. N. Lapentti 6-1 6-4

Nice, it was hopefully a dominant victory as indicated by the scoreline and good to see that Kiwi didn't lose serve.

And now get Federer!
Maybe the best chance this year to beat him

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:58 PM   #27
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Hi people.We (Karen and I!) are at the hotel right now after a very long day yesterday.Nicolas is at the gym with his coach..life is good.We are very tired and thought that he would practice early but it is raining.He played a great match yesterday.And YES the GIRL is GONE..lalalalalala.He has now 2 coaches and it will be pretty tough tomorrow.Yes the thing with the kid yesterday was very cute and so..not like him.But he is happy this week.he practiced twice yesterday plus,we saw his match.anyway we are staying at the hotel a while longer and than will leave.bye

ps:we ate breakfast this morning with:Bjorkman,Henman,Safin,Mathieu,Puerta,Robredo' s coach.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 02:21 PM   #28
country flag zethand

zethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond repute

Great Reports!!! It sounds you are having a lot of fun.. keep bringing all the news
zethand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:27 PM   #29
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiteami
ps:we ate breakfast this morning with:Bjorkman,Henman,Safin,Mathieu,Puerta,Robredo' s coach.
WOW, with so many!?! Safin, Mathieu and Robredo would already be enough players for me

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:20 PM   #30

Karen, Karine: I will be staying in Columbus tonite, but Mason tomorrow... It was the easiest (and cheapest) way to watch for two days. I was just wondering what time the matches start. It said that the gates open 2 hrs before, but it never said what time the matches start! Columbus is about an hour away from Cinci, so I will probably be there early (as my friend will be at work at 6 am and i am leaving when he leaves for work) Just wondering if you could fill me in on expected time of matches beginning. Thanks!! Hope you're not too wet out there. See you soon.

Becca

ps- you had a nice little Breakfast of Champions.. must've been a VERY nice way to start the day