The "I hope JC wins his match against Andy in Cincy!" thread - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-18-2005, 10:34 AM   #151
country flag Xiaoly

Xiaoly has a reputation beyond reputeXiaoly has a reputation beyond reputeXiaoly has a reputation beyond reputeXiaoly has a reputation beyond reputeXiaoly has a reputation beyond reputeXiaoly has a reputation beyond reputeXiaoly has a reputation beyond reputeXiaoly has a reputation beyond reputeXiaoly has a reputation beyond reputeXiaoly has a reputation beyond reputeXiaoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "I hope JC wins his match against Andy in Cincy!" thread

I haven't seen the match.it seems Juanqui played greatly,though he lost.Anyway,i'm a little disapointed.wish him better luck in USO
Xiaoly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2005, 11:02 AM   #152
country flag siobhan

siobhan has a reputation beyond reputesiobhan has a reputation beyond reputesiobhan has a reputation beyond reputesiobhan has a reputation beyond reputesiobhan has a reputation beyond reputesiobhan has a reputation beyond reputesiobhan has a reputation beyond reputesiobhan has a reputation beyond reputesiobhan has a reputation beyond reputesiobhan has a reputation beyond reputesiobhan has a reputation beyond repute

Juanqui really played great, I enjoyed the match immensely! Well, not so much in the third set, obviously, but in the first two sets Andy never even had a chance to break, JC was awesome. So sad it didn't work out in the end ...

Nando's Chicas' Chat World

==> Poltermühle | Hörspiel-Board | Hörspiel-Chat <==
siobhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:26 AM   #153
country flag Francine

Francine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's better than losing 1&2 but Juanca doesn't seems to win these kind of matches anymore. It's like Dubai all over again but without the mp's, thank God.
Francine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:02 PM   #154
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferreromausi
NOOO!!!
Today morning I go up and thougt :"What a beautiful morning!"
After that I first watched results from last night.
And I couldn`t believe that!
Whole spanish armada OUT?! ...
Moya's still in!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:25 PM   #155
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

On the plus side, vintage 2003 JCF was back last night.

On the negative side, how do you serve better than your opponant, have more winners and less errors over three sets and still lose the match? That hurts.

Now if he could be vintage 2003 JCF and actually WIN the matches, that would be superb.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:33 PM   #156
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw the match on TV. They have delayed coverage of the night sessions here in England.

Wow. For the first 2 sets JC played possibly his best tennis of the year so far. He was serving so well and rallying like he did in 2003. In the 2nd set he should have broken Andy had it not been for OUTRAGEOUS fortune.

For those who didn't see the match, it was break point with Andy serving at 2-3. They were rallying and, at one stage, Andy hit a forehand which JC was easily anticipating. What he didn't anticipate was the ball hitting the netcord - it was one of those 50-50 situations where the ball could have landed either side of the net. It landed on JC's side and completely died - JC never had a chance of getting to it. What can you do when shit like that happens?
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:23 PM   #157
country flag Haute

Haute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond repute

But then he had another BP later, didn't he?
Haute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 06:02 PM   #158
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

This is some of what Roddick had to say:

Q. Did you expect such a tough match? Obviously, he's been No. 1 and won the French, I think. Did you expect this from him?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I mean, this is a rematch of our US Open final. So, you know, any time you play someone who's a former No. 1, I don't think he's had his best stuff recently, you know, in the recent past, but he's capable of playing great tennis. I mean, you don't get to No. 1 in the world by accident. So, you know, I definitely expected a tough one out there.

Q. What do you think the difference is between his form then when you played him and now?

ANDY RODDICK: Not a lot tonight. I don't think there was a lot between it tonight. He actually probably played better tonight than he did when we played in the US Open final and that was after beating, you know, a series of guys like Hewitt and Agassi. So, you know, I'm not sure. I'm not going to pretend that I watch him enough to give you a concrete answer. You know, I can only tell you about what I faced, and I thought he was very good out there tonight. I was lucky to get out of that one.

Pschaw Andy.. you know you watch Juanqui. Readers of Donde would agree with me

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 06:25 PM   #159
country flag Francine

Francine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond repute

Netcords don't decide matches, he had a few chances and didn't convert. I'm dissapointed in his 3rd set, if he was serving so well then why couldn't he keep that up in the final set?
Francine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:02 PM   #160
country flag Jogg

Jogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On the plus side, vintage 2003 JCF was back last night.

On the negative side, how do you serve better than your opponant, have more winners and less errors over three sets and still lose the match? That hurts.

Now if he could be vintage 2003 JCF and actually WIN the matches, that would be superb.

Juanqui played really really well in the first two sets, its a shame he couldn't finish the match off in the second set. Roddick really increased his level in the third set. But if continues playing like that the wins will come

Marat Safin Carlos Moya Feli Lopez Nando Verdasco Richie Gasquet

Robredo Guga Garcia-Lopez Ferrer Tomeu

Interviewer: It surprises people how well you get on with Nadal
Carlos Moya: I can't conceal that. I love him very much and I knew that one day he would be better than me. He's on another level.
Jogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:11 PM   #161
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

"I definitely expected a tough one out there" -- Pandy just does the blablablabla crap... he always says that...

"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
Old 08-18-2005, 08:12 PM   #162
country flag RogiFan88

Juanqui definitely blew his chance in that 2nd set TB and s have put it away and upset Pandypoo at home... too damn bad...

Old 08-18-2005, 11:14 PM   #163
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francine
Netcords don't decide matches, he had a few chances and didn't convert. I'm dissapointed in his 3rd set, if he was serving so well then why couldn't he keep that up in the final set?
Points like that can decide a match. If your opponent gets lucky on a very important point, it's hard to get it out of your head and move on.

The 2nd tie-breaker was obviously crucial. Andy basically got 5/6 1st serves in, some of them hit at over 140mph. I think JC took advantage of the only 2nd serve that came his way. Andy also played a couple of very good points on JC's serve. 7-5 to Andy - sometimes just a couple of points can be the difference between victory and defeat.

I agree it would have been nice if JC could have put up a better fight in the 3rd but, in fairness, Andy played a lot better in the final set. The momentum had completely changed, Andy was not making the UEs he made in the 1st 2 sets and JC looked just a bit low, or tired.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 12:53 AM   #164
country flag RogiFan88

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91
... Pschaw Andy.. you know you watch Juanqui. Readers of Donde would agree with me

Old 08-19-2005, 02:26 AM   #165
country flag RogiFan88

A. RODDICK /J. Ferrero

6‑7, 7‑6, 6‑2

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO

THE MODERATOR: Juan Carlos Ferrero. Questions, please.

Q. In the early part of the match it seemed like you were hitting a lot of winners and playing pretty well. How did you feel early on? Did you think you were in control?

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Yeah. You know, I thought was making under control the match because I was winning very easy my service, you know. And during the match I start to return his serve during the end of the ‑‑ or the first and second set.

So, you know, I was playing good tennis, feeling very well in the court. So, you know, I think I have very unlucky in the match because with that breakpoint in the net, you know, I think this point makes a lot of difference in the match, you know.

I was serving so good also in the second set. I saw the statistics. I saw that I have 80 percentage of first serves. So I was feeling the court pretty well so, you know...

This breakpoint was ‑‑ I'm a little bit disappointed of this game.

Q. How much did he raise his game in the third set and gain more confidence?

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: I don't know. I think he start to return my serve more time than the first and second set.

But I think I didn't play bad the third set, but he played better set than me in the third. Also, I think he serve pretty, pretty good in the third set. He makes a lot of aces in that set, so it makes a lot of difference.

Q. How would you rate his serve compared to other players on the tour?

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Well, it's really difficult to read the serve. I mean, when you read it, you have to impact the ball very good to return because if not the ball is coming with a lot of spin or slice. So it's really difficult to impact so well.

I start to feel better with his serve during the match, you know. In the first two and three service in the first set I didn't realize to return. But after, you know, I start to feel better.

Q. Did he start to play more powerful in the third set?

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Just I think in serve. He makes a lot of first serves in on aces. He start to return my serve I think a little bit behind of the line, and he wanted to impact the first shot with his forehand. I start to dominate the point.

So I think was the difference in the third, and I think he felt better in that position.

Q. You felt that the breakpoint where he hit the ball into the net and it just ‑‑

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: What can I say, you know? It's very unlucky, of course. I played the point aggressive and well. I think he tried to not miss the ball.

And, you know, it's very unlucky for me for sure.

Q. Can you talk about your goals for the rest of the season?

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Goals. You know, I'm 24 and I'm 12 in both rankings. So, you know, the goals for this year is try to finish the year like Top 10 or Top 13, no more than this.

And, you know, I start the next year going with seeded in the tournament. Because like now it's very difficult to play, you know; I have to play against seeds in the second round like here or, you know, in every tournament that I played.

So it's really important to go like seeded in the important tournaments because like this you don't have to play against the very good players ‑ with a lot of respect of the others ‑ but not the top seeds like I am playing now. Because I am playing like Coria last week, he is a Top 10; Roddick here, you know; Wimbledon, Federer. So I played with a lot of Top 10s this year in the early rounds. So it's really difficult to make a lot of great results like this.

But anyways I am playing well and I am going up in the rankings. So I just expect to finish the year really good and also expect to play Masters. You know, it's not that far to stay in the Top 8; I am 12.

Q. How is your game now compared to when you were at the peak of your career?

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Well, I think I am playing a good level. I am very aggressive in important point, you know, very aggressive all the time.

So I play really good against all these guys that I'm talking about, you know: Coria, Roddick, Federer. I played really good matches this year and so I think I'm in really good way and just expect to have a great result.
http://www.cincytennis.com/en/player...5/ferrero3.asp

...well I guess the good thing is that Juanqui is maintaining a positive attitude in his quest for the top 15!

Last edited by RogiFan88 : 08-19-2005 at 02:33 AM.