Trafficking Thursday - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #31
country flag NewTennisFan

NewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trafficking Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistaflava
here are my very early leans for today:

Tommy Robredo 2.02 over Gaston Gaudio

Robredo has lost twice to GG but only on the clay surface. I would take Robredo on carpet, hard or grass anyday over GG. Robredo showed great mental toughness beating Younes yesterday. GG was pathetic against Kenneth and you have to keep in mind GG's 5-10 record on hardcourts last season, his 6-9 on hard in 2004, compared to Robredo's 20-12 on hardcourts last season. Tommy looks to be in great shape the odds are too good here. Probably going to be my biggest play. That or GG to not win in 2-0 sets. This is Tommy's first match against a TOP 10 on hardcourt (1-3 on clay against TOP 10)
Question:

I trust that your statistics are impeccable, but where did you get the information about GG's record on hardcourts last season etc.? Is it documented somewhere on the internet, so that I could research in the same way?
NewTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2005, 01:25 PM   #32
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTennisFan
Question:

I trust that your statistics are impeccable, but where did you get the information about GG's record on hardcourts last season etc.? Is it documented somewhere on the internet, so that I could research in the same way?

I took this from his profile on the ATP site:

2004 IN REVIEW The Argentine finished in Top 10 for first time in his career by winning his first Grand Slam crown at Roland Garros in June, defeating countryman Coria in a five-set thriller… One of a record three Argentines (No. 7 Coria, No. 9 Nalbandian) to finish in Top 10… After saving two match points in fifth set, he won 8-6 and became first Argentine to win Roland Garros since Guillermo Vilas in 1977… Also posted a straight-sets win in QF over former No. 1 Hewitt and countryman Nalbandian in SF… Afterwards he climbed from 44 to No. 10 in INDESIT ATP Entry Rankings and also became first player ever to win a Grand Slam title after losing first set 6-0 in a final… Prior to Paris, reached final in Barcelona, defeating former Roland Garros champs Moya (3rd RD) and Kuerten (QF) before losing to local favorite Robredo in five sets… Took a one month break after his Paris triumph and showed no signs of layoff, reaching three straight clay court finals in Bastad (l. to Zabaleta), Stuttgart (l. to Canas) and Kitzbnhel (l. to Massu)… Compiled a 31-12 mark on clay but struggled on hard courts (5-10 record), failing to win back-to-back matches throughout season… Qualified for Tennis Masters Cup in Houston and was winless (0-3) in round robin play… Had a 4-2 mark in five-set matches and went 3-4 vs. Top 10 opponents during year… Earned a career-high $1,639,171.

2003- Finished in Top 50 for fourth consecutive season highlighted by four SF and three QF, all on clay… Broke Top 20 for first time in March, reaching No. 19… Also went 4-2 in Davis Cup play in helping his country to SF (l. to Spain 3-2)… In February, advanced to back-to-back SF in Vina del Mar and Buenos Aires… During European spring clay court circuit, reached QF in Barcelona and Valencia and SF at AMS Hamburg (l. to Coria)… After a 3rd RD exit at Roland Garros (l. to Kuerten), reached SF in Gstaad (l. to Federer) and QF in Kitzbnhel (l. to Lopez)… His best hard court result was 3rd RD at AMS Cincinnati (d. Ferrero, l. to Ginepri)… Compiled most match wins on clay (33-15) and was 6-9 on hard.

Robredo is the play today...
Mistaflava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:28 PM   #33
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute

did anyone else notice how uninterested and useless GG looked against Kenneth yesterday? Even the kid Steckley looked better. GG has been better on hardcourts this year but this is always the time of year where his record goes down the drain on the hard surface.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:30 PM   #34
country flag Mistaflava

Robredo has beat Berdych, Kiefer, Rochus and Enqvist on hardcourt this season (which is not saying much but again, this is the time of year where he gets a lot of wins on the hardcourt).
Old 08-11-2005, 01:37 PM   #35
country flag skel1983

skel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond repute

NewTennisfan you want to get on the atp site all the time it give's you everything point breakdown serving percentage whatever you need to know past results from years back, for stats for a sport it's got to be the best site loads and loads of useful info especially if your trying to win some money.

As your worrys for Davydenko very valid, but my doubts were truely silenced against Berdych (watch out for this kid top 20 top 15 next year no doubt) I mean Berdych since Wimby was on a run of i think of the top of my head 16-3 not bad for a player barely in the top 50, and Davydenko came through strong in the third from a break down, if there was any doubts about his fitness truely that moment in that match was it and he came through with flying colours. I think Davydenko will do us proud and preform to his best, the only way i see him losing if Beck plays a complete game which from what i have seen is very unlikely.
skel1983 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:38 PM   #36
bad gambler

i agree with the flava man, robredo is the bet of the day

pounding it, but the again i haven't won a tennis bet all week
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:40 PM   #37
country flag Mistaflava

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
i agree with the flava man, robredo is the bet of the day

pounding it, but the again i haven't won a tennis bet all week

bro...here comes your first win!

Old 08-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #38
country flag Stitch

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Robredo has beat Berdych, Kiefer, Rochus and Enqvist on hardcourt this season (which is not saying much but again, this is the time of year where he gets a lot of wins on the hardcourt).
Ok, maybe Robredo can win from Gaudio today, but it's not will be easy.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:06 PM   #39
country flag dbnumberone
Local Favorite

dbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I'm in on Robredo
dbnumberone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:09 PM   #40
User id 7816

User id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Hanson
Kiefer is Agassi's B.I.T.C.H.
a very expensive one today!...It would be a shame if Kiefer cant score one win agains Agassi in 6 attempts...of course he'll have to make him run more rather than rush to the net so much as against Dent...i think.
User id 7816 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:12 PM   #41
country flag Mistaflava

For some reason, the line keeps moving and someone is putting a lot of money on GG. Hopefully enough people are on GG because we all know what happens when everyone is on the same player.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:15 PM   #42
bad gambler

Quote:
For some reason, the line keeps moving and someone is putting a lot of money on GG. Hopefully enough people are on GG because we all know what happens when everyone is on the same player.
line is moving the other way for me mate, money coming in for robredo
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #43
country flag Mistaflava

alright, I will take Robredo at +107 at Pinny before it moves the other. My largest wager of the year on the way. GL to us!
Old 08-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #44
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adk
Please use decimal odds if pos
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #45
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I took this from his profile on the ATP site:

2004 IN REVIEW The Argentine finished in Top 10 for first time in his career by winning his first Grand Slam crown at Roland Garros in June, defeating countryman Coria in a five-set thriller… One of a record three Argentines (No. 7 Coria, No. 9 Nalbandian) to finish in Top 10… After saving two match points in fifth set, he won 8-6 and became first Argentine to win Roland Garros since Guillermo Vilas in 1977… Also posted a straight-sets win in QF over former No. 1 Hewitt and countryman Nalbandian in SF… Afterwards he climbed from 44 to No. 10 in INDESIT ATP Entry Rankings and also became first player ever to win a Grand Slam title after losing first set 6-0 in a final… Prior to Paris, reached final in Barcelona, defeating former Roland Garros champs Moya (3rd RD) and Kuerten (QF) before losing to local favorite Robredo in five sets… Took a one month break after his Paris triumph and showed no signs of layoff, reaching three straight clay court finals in Bastad (l. to Zabaleta), Stuttgart (l. to Canas) and Kitzbnhel (l. to Massu)… Compiled a 31-12 mark on clay but struggled on hard courts (5-10 record), failing to win back-to-back matches throughout season… Qualified for Tennis Masters Cup in Houston and was winless (0-3) in round robin play… Had a 4-2 mark in five-set matches and went 3-4 vs. Top 10 opponents during year… Earned a career-high $1,639,171.

2003- Finished in Top 50 for fourth consecutive season highlighted by four SF and three QF, all on clay… Broke Top 20 for first time in March, reaching No. 19… Also went 4-2 in Davis Cup play in helping his country to SF (l. to Spain 3-2)… In February, advanced to back-to-back SF in Vina del Mar and Buenos Aires… During European spring clay court circuit, reached QF in Barcelona and Valencia and SF at AMS Hamburg (l. to Coria)… After a 3rd RD exit at Roland Garros (l. to Kuerten), reached SF in Gstaad (l. to Federer) and QF in Kitzbnhel (l. to Lopez)… His best hard court result was 3rd RD at AMS Cincinnati (d. Ferrero, l. to Ginepri)… Compiled most match wins on clay (33-15) and was 6-9 on hard.

Robredo is the play today...

Like Tommy alot 2nite aswell,Vamos Robredo and come on PHM!!!!Good luck wit ur plays bro!!!
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote