What Nadal said after the match - Montreal 2005 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2005, 05:05 AM   #1
country flag maqk

maqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond repute
Default What Nadal said after the match - Montreal 2005

Nadal upstages mentor Moya
Bill Scott | Montreal, Canada10 August 2005 12:37

Rafael Nadal didn't let a jammed finger deter him from an opening-round hard-court victory, overcoming long-time mentor Carlos Moya 6-3, 6-7 (0-7) 6-3 on Tuesday at the $2,2-million Montreal Masters.

The 19-year-old from the Spanish island of Mallorca needed treatment in the fifth game of the final set on a finger on his left hitting hand.

But that problem was quickly solved as the top seed secured the win over the 28-year-old compatriot, who spotted him as a top tennis tip in the late 1990s.

Nadal came in strong in his first cement outing since taking Roger Federer to the limit four months ago in the final at Miami.

The reigning French Open champion has won his last 34 matches on clay with a yield of eight trophies in 2005.

He now stands 11-4 on hard courts, with a month on the surface filling his schedule through the United States Open.

Nadal said that his long friendship with Moya, the 1998 French Open winner, didn't affect the match.

"We practise always together in Mallorca," said the winner. "We have a very good relationship. He's my best friend in the tour."

Moya came into the battle of current and former Roland Garros winners standing level 1-1 with his teenaged compatriot. The 28-year-old won their last meeting in the semis two years ago at Umag.

Nadal said he is keen to translate his game successfully to the North American surface, and he won't rest on his laurels as a teenaged grand-slam winner.

"I feel the same pressure like the other players," said the world number two. "I want to win matches. It's normal pressure. I want to win every match, every time when I go to the court. I want to win the match. After Roland Garros, every other pressure is normal."

click here 4 the source

PEACE OF MIND, SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO YOUR LORD SINCE THE LORD KNOWS THE BEST, VISIT IRF, MAKE THE DECISION YOURSELF
JAHANGIR KHAN - longest unbeaten run"SPORTSMAN OF THE MILLENIUM"

SupportIngXristos4ABrilliantCarrear
maqk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2005, 11:21 AM   #2
country flag Jogg

Jogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Nadal said after the match - Montreal 2005

thanks for the article maqk

Marat Safin Carlos Moya Feli Lopez Nando Verdasco Richie Gasquet

Robredo Guga Garcia-Lopez Ferrer Tomeu

Interviewer: It surprises people how well you get on with Nadal
Carlos Moya: I can't conceal that. I love him very much and I knew that one day he would be better than me. He's on another level.
Jogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:18 PM   #3
jbone_14

jbone_14 has a reputation beyond reputejbone_14 has a reputation beyond reputejbone_14 has a reputation beyond reputejbone_14 has a reputation beyond reputejbone_14 has a reputation beyond reputejbone_14 has a reputation beyond reputejbone_14 has a reputation beyond reputejbone_14 has a reputation beyond reputejbone_14 has a reputation beyond reputejbone_14 has a reputation beyond reputejbone_14 has a reputation beyond repute

That handshake at the net after the match seemed cold to me. They didn't even say anything to each other after.
jbone_14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:47 AM   #4
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

I think Carlos only said "congratulations" and that's all. Nadal didn't really show at that moment that he was happy to win. I think maybe he was a bit annoyed cause beating Carlos is not the same thing as beating another player. He's like his brother.

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:48 AM   #5
country flag tnsfn

tnsfn has a reputation beyond reputetnsfn has a reputation beyond reputetnsfn has a reputation beyond reputetnsfn has a reputation beyond reputetnsfn has a reputation beyond reputetnsfn has a reputation beyond reputetnsfn has a reputation beyond reputetnsfn has a reputation beyond reputetnsfn has a reputation beyond reputetnsfn has a reputation beyond reputetnsfn has a reputation beyond repute

Heres a little more to add to what Nadal said:

Nadal, known as one of the more outwardly excitable players on tour, trid to keep his antics to a minimum against his reserved friend.

"I watched my gestures,"said Nadal, who ran his winning streak against fellow Spaniards to 20 matches. "Usually I would be more pumped up. I tried not to show as much. He is a very good player and a very good friend."

The article also said they flew on the plane together to Montreal.

Last edited by tnsfn : 08-12-2005 at 11:55 AM.
tnsfn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:28 PM   #6
country flag maqk

maqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond repute

thats great

PEACE OF MIND, SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO YOUR LORD SINCE THE LORD KNOWS THE BEST, VISIT IRF, MAKE THE DECISION YOURSELF

Old 08-12-2005, 09:04 PM   #7
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the article. And hopefully he had this behaviour. If he had really shown his happiness, I wouldn't have appreciated, just by respect to Carlos, who made a lot for him. This evening, I saw his match point on tv, and he was a little bit more happier

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:10 AM   #8
country flag maqk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enqvistfan
Thank you for the article. And hopefully he had this behaviour. If he had really shown his happiness, I wouldn't have appreciated, just by respect to Carlos, who made a lot for him. This evening, I saw his match point on tv, and he was a little bit more happier
Yes, its the greatness of the Man as he says Nadal is himself what he is now & he hasn't done any thing huge or special for him!!!