Bush ignores Military Mom! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2005, 02:46 PM   #31
country flag Socket

Socket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bush ignores Military Mom!

While I feel sorry for Cindy Sheehan's loss, and I respect her right to express her opinion, I really despise the whole idea of trotting out bereaved family members to make political "gotcha" points. You could have found families of soldiers who died on Normandy Beach who would have said that they regretted that their sons died for a bunch of goddam Europeans. So what? For every Cindy Sheehan, there's going to be another mother who believes her son's death was not in vain, but for something important. I heard just such a mother on television last night (Mrs. Sheehan was supposed to be on that show, but she apparently was a last-minute no-show). Again, so what?

C'mon, Lleyton!

Socket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2005, 03:18 PM   #32
country flag Nimomunz

Nimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond repute

their sons did not die for a goddamn europeans their sons died for the free world. the axis forces had their eye on US. do you not know bout pearl harbour? if you think the americans stormed the beaches of normaandy to free Europeans you are woefully mistaken. who is this unknown hand trotting out the bereaved families, they are coming out of their own free will from all over the US to tell the president look at us we are here we are the American faces of your war on iraq. we are here tell us all about why my son had to die.
Maureen dowd of the NY times said this:
Quote:
It's hard to think of another president who lived in such meta-insulation. His rigidly controlled environment allows no chance encounters with anyone who disagrees. He never has to defend himself to anyone, and that is cognitively injurious. He's a populist who never meets people - an ordinary guy who clears brush, and brush is the only thing he talks to. Mr. Bush hails Texas as a place where he can return to his roots. But is he mixing it up there with anyone besides Vulcans, Pioneers and Rangers?

W.'s idea of consolation was to dispatch Stephen Hadley, the national security adviser, to talk to Ms. Sheehan, underscoring the inhumane humanitarianism of his foreign policy. Mr. Hadley is just a suit, one of the hard-line Unsweet Neo Cons who helped hype America into this war.

It's getting harder for the president to hide from the human consequences of his actions and to control human sentiment about the war by pulling a curtain over the 1,835 troops killed in Iraq; the more than 13,000 wounded, many shorn of limbs; and the number of slain Iraqi civilians - perhaps 25,000, or perhaps double or triple that. More people with impeccable credentials are coming forward to serve as a countervailing moral authority to challenge Mr. Bush.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:25 PM   #33
country flag Socket

Socket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond repute

I think that you are deliberately misunderstanding my post about WWII because you don't have a good response to it.

Why doesn't Dowd acknowledge that Bush has already met with Sheehan? Even if Sheehan was/is dissatisfied with that meeting, it is relevant information. Dowd's article is an excellent example of what I despise, using a grieving parent for a political end, here supporting Dowd's anti-Bush position.

And, BTW, you should have listed the Wall Street Journal as one of the top 3 newspapers in the US, not the LA Times. And as for their influences, NYT, WaPo and LATimes all endorsed Kerry for president. Fat lot of good that did him.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Old 08-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #34
country flag Nimomunz

Nimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You could have found families of soldiers who died on Normandy Beach who would have said that they regretted that their sons died for a bunch of goddam Europeans. So what?
were they any families? no the entire US supported the WW2 efforts esp after Pearl Harbour. you gotta explain what it is i seem to be missing!?

Dowd did mention the meeting:
Quote:
The president met with her family two months after Casey's death. Capturing W.'s awkwardness in traversing the line between somber and joking, and his love of generic labels, Ms. Sheehan said that W. had referred to her as "Mom" throughout the meeting, and given her the sense that he did not know who her son was.
the LA times is far more influential thean the WSJ. i took a media in politics class. hell even the chicago Tribune and the Boston Globe are more influential than WSJ. i' not alking bout total amount of readers in which WSJ comes 2nd behind USA today i'm talking bout, influence.
Bush won because of values which is bullcrap to me because hey the economy is crap and people are dying in Iraq but we cant let two men kiss so we'll put the egocentric dumbass as president.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #35
country flag Socket

If you think the entire US supported the country's entry into WWII, even after Pearl Harbor, you need to read more American history. Maybe it seems that way in the movies, but not in reality. And read up on Ambassador Joseph F. Kennedy, too. It's an eye-opener.

Read this book for how influential the WSJ is: Rosenberg, Jerry M.. Inside the Wall Street Journal : The History & the Power of Dow Jones & Company & America's Most Influential Newspaper.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Old 08-11-2005, 04:23 PM   #36
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute

Bottom line is...Bush is doing a great job. There will be haters and there will be lovers. Life goes on people.
Mistaflava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:40 PM   #37
country flag Nimomunz

People who support Bush blindly even when faced with his obvious wrongdoings make me SICK!! life goes on, well tell that to the people whose kids are dying in Iraq. tell that to the unemployed peole who cant afford to feed their children. Life doesnt go on, Mistaflave. Sometimed it ends.
This is not a liberal rant this is a rant of someone with a conscience.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:08 PM   #38
country flag Jim Jones

Jim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimomunz
i've said its not about the physical act of meeting families its about acknowledging in front of the public that people are dying. Why didnt he go to the Ohio memorial for dead soldiers. War is a necessary evil in life and i'm not ragging on any other war except the war on Iraq!
if you compare the overthrowing of Aristide, Taylor and Milosvic to the war in Iraq then you are wrong. They were overthrown by the people of the country with the help of the allied forces. there was no anti-US guerilla war like this.
Actually Arisitide was overthrown by U.S. troops helped by French agents and Charles Taylor was pressured to leave when U.S. troops entered Liberia. Local populations were not invloved. Only Milosevic was overthrown by the people. I forgot to mention the Taliban that was overthrown. Yes terrorism is rising in Iraq and even Afghanistan but that because these insurgenies are funded by outside groups sich as in Syria, Pakistan etc.. As I said previously and as I will say again and again this does not take away that Saddam regime had to be removed. Saddam should be put to death!!!

More the days go by and more and more am I thrilled that Saddam was overthrown. Now I want the Brits to become more realistic and do away with the human rights law as Blair promised which impedes the fight against the war against terrorism. Europe should introduce the death penalty instead of preaching to the Americans that killing is not good.

Last edited by Jim Jones : 08-11-2005 at 06:38 PM.
Jim Jones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:25 PM   #39
country flag Jim Jones

Jim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
People who support Bush blindly even when faced with his obvious wrongdoings make me SICK!! life goes on, well tell that to the people whose kids are dying in Iraq. tell that to the unemployed peole who cant afford to feed their children. Life doesnt go on, Mistaflave. Sometimed it ends.
This is not a liberal rant this is a rant of someone with a conscience.
Actually it is a liberal rant. Don't think that you are trying to fool us.

You said, 'the LA times is far more influential thean the WSJ'- they are both serious newspapers and are not tabloid newspapers so what they say we can take seriously. Please stop telling us you took these and those classes. So have we all. You don't impress us. I have a masters degree in int relations, you don't see me showing off about it. In any case i'm more happy with the BA I have in business admin. but that's a personal thing

RE-EDIT: By the way you seem to know so much about Sheehan, is she a personal friend of yours?

Last edited by Jim Jones : 08-11-2005 at 07:02 PM.
Jim Jones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:31 PM   #40
country flag Socket

*cough*

Quote:
FAMILY OF FALLEN SOLDIER PLEADS: PLEASE STOP, CINDY!
Thu Aug 11 2005 12:56:21 ET

The family of American soldier Casey Sheehan, who was killed in Iraq on April 4, 2004, has broken its silence and spoken out against his mother Cindy Sheehan's anti-war vigil against George Bush held outside the president's Crawford, Texas ranch.

The following email was received by the DRUDGE REPORT from Cherie Quarterolo, Casey's aunt and godmother:

Our family has been so distressed by the recent activities of Cindy we are breaking our silence and we have collectively written a statement for release. Feel free to distribute it as you wish. Thanks Đ Cherie

In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue: Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Old 08-11-2005, 06:45 PM   #41
country flag Nimomunz

they didnt carry him for nine months she did!
your telling me that the aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins have more say than than the mother............. i dont think so.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:48 PM   #42
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
they didnt carry him for nine months she did!
your telling me that the aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins have more say than than the mother............. i dont think so.
I love you mate

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:49 PM   #43
country flag Nimomunz

Quote:
I have a masters degree in int relations, you don't see me showing off about it.
the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #44
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

So we are suppose to wait until we trace an attack back to Saddamn before we go in? He has been supporting terrorism for years and our forces busted up many terrorist camps that the news never covers. Bush should have been more through in speaking about it too. This war is not for the free world Nim?????? Don't you as a do gooder humanitarian (which you liberals claim to be) want to help free those 25 million Iraqis or just banish them to mass graves forever????? Our mission was never to go in and get the WMDs (which were moved out of the country beforehand, that is why the UN has sent teams into Syria to look for them and our own intelligence indicates the same) and then leave. We were always planning for a post war period that would leave a democratic nation standing. It took us seven years to do it in Germany and it took so long because there was a terrorist group of leftover nazis called Wolverines who were doing exactly the same things these monsters are doing apart from blowing themselves up. Of course the media today would probably have called them freedom fighters back then.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:06 PM   #45
country flag Nimomunz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk
So we are suppose to wait until we trace an attack back to Saddamn before we go in? He has been supporting terrorism for years and our forces busted up many terrorist camps that the news never covers. Bush should have been more through in speaking about it too. This war is not for the free world Nim?????? Don't you as a do gooder humanitarian (which you liberals claim to be) want to help free those 25 million Iraqis or just banish them to mass graves forever????? Our mission was never to go in and get the WMDs (which were moved out of the country beforehand, that is why the UN has sent teams into Syria to look for them and our own intelligence indicates the same) and then leave. We were always planning for a post war period that would leave a democratic nation standing. It took us seven years to do it in Germany and it took so long because there was a terrorist group of leftover nazis called Wolverines who were doing exactly the same things these monsters are doing apart from blowing themselves up. Of course the media today would probably have called them freedom fighters back then.
even the bush cronies themselves have admitted that their reason for going is bullshit but now that they are their the reason has changed. dont spew that bullshit saddam had zero to doo with 9/11 and had no WMDs. now if W had said we're going to free the iraqis you know what he would have been told to shove it. why free the Iraqis but leave the Black sudanese, Congolese etc to suffer.

Last edited by Nimomunz : 08-11-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Nimomunz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote