Bush ignores Military Mom! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-10-2005, 01:50 PM   #1
country flag Nimomunz

Nimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bush ignores Military Mom!

so theres this lady Cindy Sheehan whos camping outside Bushes Crawford ranch as she wants to talk to the President and ask him why her son had to die and Bush is ignoring her!! WTF?!

This is from CBS news.

Quote:
The mother of a fallen U.S. soldier who is holding a roadside peace vigil near President Bush's ranch shares the same grief as relatives mourning the deaths of Ohio Marines, yet their views about the war differ.

"I'm angry. I want the troops home," Cindy Sheehan, 48, of Vacaville, Calif., who staged a protest that she vowed on Sunday to continue until she can personally ask Bush: "Why did you kill my son? What did my son die for?"

Jim Boskovitch, father of slain Cpl. Jeffery Boskovitch, 25, of North Royalton, Ohio, is supporting the U.S. military action in Iraq.

"I firmly believe, and I would echo my son's feeling on this, it is very, very important for our country to remain steadfast and complete the mission that they set out to accomplish," Boskovitch told ABC on Sunday.

Boskovitch is among several families mourning Ohio Marines who suffered heavy losses in three attacks starting July 28, when two were killed in a gun battle. On Monday, five were killed in an ambush. Nine were killed Wednesday when an armored vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb.

Rosemary Palmer, the mother of Lance Cpl. Edward Schroeder, 23, another Ohio Marine killed in Iraq, sided more with Sheehan. If the United States continues its current course in Iraq, the death toll of U.S. troops, now at more than 1,820, will only grow, she told ABC.

"We either have to have more people there to do the job and better equipment, or we have to leave — one or the other," she said.

Boskovitch said his son, Jeff, "felt extremely, extremely strongly about the Iraqi people and our government deciding to go over there."

"His commander in chief needed him to be there, as well as those fellow soldiers, to help those people, help that country to be able to stand on its own and to liberate those people," Boskovitch told ABC.

Sheehan was among grieving military families who met with Bush in June 2004 at Fort Lewis, near Seattle, Wash. That was just two months after her son, Casey, was killed in Sadr City, Iraq, on April 4, 2004.

Since then, she said, various government and independent commission reports have disputed the Bush administration's claims that Saddam Hussein had mass-killing chemical and biological weapons — a main justification for the March 2003 invasion.

"I was still in shock then," Sheehan said in a telephone interview.

"All of those reports prove my son died needlessly," said Sheehan. "This proved that every reason George Bush gave us for going to war was wrong."

Sheehan, who formed a group called Gold Star Families For Peace and has spoken out against the war across the nation, talked for about 45 minutes on Saturday with Steve Hadley, Bush's national security adviser, and Joe Hagin, deputy White House chief of staff, who went out to hear her concerns.

Appreciative of their attention, yet undaunted, Sheehan said she planned to continue her protest along the road during Bush's stay through the end of the month.

"If he doesn't come out and talk to me in Crawford, I'll follow him to D.C.," she said. "I'll camp on his lawn in D.C. until he has the courtesy and the integrity and the compassion to talk to somebody whose life he has ruined."
Now other families are joining her:
Quote:
CRAWFORD, Texas, Aug. 10 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Members of Gold Star Families for Peace and Military Families Speak Out are beginning to arrive in Crawford, Texas, to add their voices to Cindy Sheehan's, calling for a meeting with President Bush and for troops to be brought home now.

The following Gold Star and Military Families Speak Out members are available for interview:

Celeste, Dante and Raphael Zappala of Philadelphia. Celeste and her son Dante arrived in Crawford on Tuesday Aug. 9; son Raphael will arrive Friday night Aug. 12. Celeste's son Sgt. Sherwood Baker (Dante and Raphael's brother) was the first Pennsylvania National Guardsman to die in combat since World War II. He was killed in action in Baghdad on April 26, 2004 while searching for non-existent WMD's. Celeste is a co-founder of Gold Star Families for Peace.

Tammara Rosenleaf of Belton, Texas arrived in Crawford on Tuesday, Aug. 9. Tammara's husband serves in the Army, stationed at Ft. Hood, and will be deploying to Iraq this fall.

Lietta Ruger of Bay Center, Wash., will be arriving in Crawford Wednesday morning, Aug. 10. Lietta's son-in-law and nephew serve in the 1st Armored Division of the U.S. Army and are currently in Germany. They have both served extended 15-month tours of duty in Iraq; they are both under stop-loss orders and due to re-deploy to Iraq this fall.

Linda and Phil Waste of Hinesville, Ga., will arrive in Crawford Wednesday morning Aug. 10. Linda and Phil have three sons and two grandchildren (a grandson and a granddaughter) who are active-duty military. Together, they have already spent a total of over 57 months on tours of duty in Iraq. Several of these children/grandchildren are currently serving in Iraq, and have served extended and multiple deployments.

Jean Prewitt of Birmingham, Ala., will arrive in Crawford on Wednesday morning, Aug. 10. Jean's son Private Kelly Prewitt was killed in action during the first few weeks of the war in Iraq, on April 6, 2003.

Valarie Fletcher of Seymour, Mo., is driving to Crawford and arriving Wednesday evening, Aug. 10. Valarie's son serves in the Marines and will be deploying to Iraq at the end of this month.

Sherry Bohlen of Scottsdale, Ariz., is driving to Crawford and arriving on Wednesday evening, Aug. 10. Sherry's son serves in the Army and deployed to Iraq on June 10.

Rebecca Bahr of Scottsdale, Ariz.,is driving to Crawford and arriving on Wednesday evening Aug. 10. Rebecca's daughter serves in the Marines and is currently stateside.

Caryn Unsicker of Silvis, Ill., is driving to Crawford and arriving Wednesday evening, Aug. 10. Caryn's son serves in the Marines, currently stateside.

Anne Sapp and her daughters Lydia (age 17) and Mary (age 8) of Billerica, Mass., will be arriving in Crawford on Thursday morning, Aug. 11. Anne's husband/Lydia and Mary's father is a Staff Sergeant in the Massachusetts National Guard and currently serving in Iraq.

Barbara Porchia of Camden, Ark., will be arriving in Crawford on Thursday morning Aug. 11. Barbara's son, Army Reservist Private 1st Class Jonathan Cheatham, was killed in action in Baghdad two years ago, on July 26, 2003.

Sue Niederer of Pennington, N.J., will be arriving in Crawford on Thursday morning Aug. 11. Sue's son, 1st Lieutenant Seth Dvorin, was killed in action near Iskandariyah, Iraq on Feb. 3, 2004. Sue is a co-founder of Gold Star Families for Peace.

Kristin Williams and Matthew Williams of Dallas will be arriving in Crawford this weekend (Aug. 13 - 14). Matthew Williams is an Iraq War Veteran who served as a combat medic for one year in Iraq (2003 - 2004). He was honorably discharged from the Army. Kristin is his sister.

Bill Mitchell of Atascadero, Calif., will be arriving in Crawford in the next several days. Bill's son Sgt. Michael Mitchell was killed in action in Sadr City, Iraq on April 4, 2004, along with Cindy Sheehan's son Spc. Casey Sheehan. Bill is a co-founder of Gold Star Families for Peace.

Mimi Evans of Hyannis, Mass., will be arriving in Crawford on Tuesday, Aug. 16. Mimi's son serves in the Marines; he will be deployed to Fallujah, Iraq in the next two weeks.

Eric Blickenstaff of Portland, Ore., will be arriving in Crawford early next week. Eric's brother Spc. Joseph Blickenstaff served in the Army and was killed when his Stryker vehicle rolled into a ditch on Dec. 8, 2003 in Balad, Iraq.

For more information: Military Families Speak Out: http://www.mfso.org. Gold Star Families for Peace: http://www.gsfp.org.
What do you think?
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2005, 01:53 PM   #2
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bush ignores Military Mom!

why would Bush acknowledge her? Her son signed up to defend his Country and along with 1800 young/old soldiers, has now lost his life. It is very unfortunate. However, she is one of many mothers who no longer have a son or daughter.

Bush can't take care of every single protest against him and his government. Anyways, I feel bad for her and all the other parents but someone has to do the dirty work and US families are paying for it.
Mistaflava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:54 PM   #3
country flag Jim Jones

Jim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond repute

I think she is an extremist or is being used by extremists, you know, extremists are the group of people you claim to abhor.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:58 PM   #4
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute

she is not an extremist...she is a distraught mother.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
country flag Nimomunz

Nimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond repute

she was informed that beginningThursday her and her band of supporters would be considered 'national security risks. Why Thursday when on Monday she's not? Well on Thurs, Condeleeza Rice and Donald Rumsfield arrive to chat with the president. and better yet on Fri theres a FUNDRAISER for all his cronies.
Wat she wants is more than an actual meeting, she wants the president to acknowledge that soldiers are dying. Did you know that Bush has never been to a soldiers funeral and he calls himself the war president?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:29 PM   #6
country flag Mistaflava

So what? The second Bush commits to one funeral, he will accused of not showing up to other funerals. If he shows up to a Hispanic soldier's funeral, then he will be called racist for not attending a black funeral.

He is a war President and he has done a phenomenal job so far. I hate that soldiers are dying, but every single one of those soldiers know why they are there. The US is doing a good thing (unlike most people think). The are like a school principal. Without a principal in the world, all hell would break loose. Bush can't attend funerals or anything like that. He is the President and the President is busy.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:30 PM   #7
country flag Mistaflava

btw...Kaysar is re-entering the house soon...
Old 08-10-2005, 02:40 PM   #8
country flag Nimomunz

bush is to busy in going to fundraisers and having five week long vacations where he gets back to his 'Texas roots' (note he was born and lived most of his life in New England) to attend a funeral. he couldnt even attend a memorial service for hundreds of soldiers in OHio and they were of all colors.

Last edited by Nimomunz : 08-10-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Nimomunz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #9
country flag Nimomunz

"the moral authority of parents who bury children killed in Iraq is absolute"- Maureen Dowd
Old 08-10-2005, 03:06 PM   #10
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

the funny thing is, that lady probly voted for Bush.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #11
country flag Jim Jones

Jim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know she voted for Bush, are you psychic? Maybe she did not vote at all. Maybe the Mum is not an extremist but her friends there are certainly, of the left. As for Nimitz, Bush is now a Texan even though he was not born and brought up there. He migrated there during his adult like and prefectly integrated himself. Nimitz, the right is right.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:28 PM   #12
country flag Nimomunz

now jim jones why do you post when you have nothing to contribute to the debate? talk to me about bush's reason for hiding from her et al and stop the Rovesque manner of throwing sleaze at a woman whose son died for this country and the ill-gotten gains of your-so-called- right Right!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:39 PM   #13
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
How do you know she voted for Bush, are you psychic? .
Can you quote where i said she did vote for Bush?

Thank You Come again.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:02 PM   #14
country flag Jim Jones

You said probably voted for Bush. the word probably is stronger than might and so you almost assume that she voted for Bush.
Nimitz, Bush does not want to talk with extremists because that's what they are. What possibly will come of good if he does talk ith her which I can assure you he won't. Oh I'll contribute don't worry and Rducky I will come back again

Last edited by Jim Jones : 08-10-2005 at 07:05 PM.
Jim Jones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:18 PM   #15
country flag Nimomunz

you havent said anything again!
i'm not running from you but you gotta say something worthwhile or at least offer proof of your statemnets. how is she extremist? Is it extremist to want your President to explain why your son had to die in a war he created?