Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-12-2003, 09:41 AM   #91
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"He's an interesting and engaging character because he's at the same time heads or tails. He can give everything when he likes somebody, be very generous and do everything for that person. But at the same time, he's 21, he has lots of money and enjoys partying. So, he's not always serious. It's normal, he wants to enjoy his life. He asked himself a lot of questions and this is why his off-peak periods can last a long time. But he needs those ups and downs. He makes them work for him, more that a linear journey would do. Everybody has different objectives. For him, it's to enjoy his life because he knows that he only has one. I don't know if it's because of his incredible physique, but his personality is one of extremes .Whatever is his activity, I've the impression that he can't things by half. When he does party, he completely does it. When he practices, he can work really too hard. At the dinner table, he can eat very very much. He's never between the two extremes. For me, Marat is the James Dean of tennis. He loves life and can't refrain from profiting from it, even if it means that he burns his wings. He's got a beautiful face, he likes parties and women. But at the same time, he's not a gambler. The thing that he prefers is to be at the table with his friends, to be with people he appreciates. He's really nice and generous. Fifteen days ago, when I went to Geneva to practice with Nico (Escudé), it's Marat who came to the airport. That evening, we went to a restaurant. Of course, he paid for everybody. "-Arnaud Casagrande
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2003, 09:42 AM   #92
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"For me, the best player in the world is Marat Safin because I think he can play well on all the surfaces and he has great potential."-Jiri Novak
Old 12-12-2003, 09:43 AM   #93
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"When they ask me "When will Marat be #1?, I say "When he'll want it". But this year he has too many injuries. I even suggested that someone put a spell on him.. Because if we are talking about his professionalism this year, I have no complaints - he does everything right. It looks like the life tests him now, I think. All his injuries are illiogical and absurd, but otherwise, he has really grown up in last eight monthes, and improved his self-discipline - there's no doubt about it. I think that potentially he is #1 in the world." - Shamil Tarpishev
Old 12-12-2003, 09:45 AM   #94
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"I think today he was the best player in the world, when he plays like, that its like being on a rollercoaster."-Paul Henri Mathieu
Old 12-12-2003, 09:46 AM   #95
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"Yes, but he's not as strong as Safin from the game point of view and from the attitude point of view. He's very good, but there's a difference in strength and speed. When Safin plays, his ball comes off of the racquet very quickly, and we don't have the impression he makes any efforts."-Julien Boutter
Old 12-12-2003, 09:47 AM   #96
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Penelope Cruz said that Marat was the best looking man she had ever seen.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:47 AM   #97
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"It's a match between the number one player in the world and the best player in the world".-Fabrice Santoro

Hewitt V Safin Bercy final 2002
Old 12-12-2003, 09:48 AM   #98
country flag Shadow

Smile

"Watching Marat Safin play tennis is like riding a roller coaster in the dark: it's much more fun because you don't know what is going to happen next."

Allsport Magazine Australia
Old 12-12-2003, 09:48 AM   #99
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"As a friend, I'm not worried about his tennis career, but it would be nice if it [success] happens for him with that kind of big game and pressence. He has the charisma that tennis needs"-Mats Wilander
Old 12-12-2003, 09:50 AM   #100
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Locker-room talk is often tough to put a finger on, but not with Safin. Pull almost any player aside and they'll tell you that when Safin is on his game, playing his best, no one can touch him. Not even by the man rated the greatest of all time.

Deuce Magazin 2003
Old 12-12-2003, 09:51 AM   #101
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Like the works of his favourite artist, Salvador Dali, it's difficult to draw immediate conclusions about Marat Safin. Quotable, intruiging, and always full of character, Safin is one of the most intruiging and bewildering personalities on the ATP circuit. And he's got some game to boot. Safin will tell you he's an entertainer, not an artist, but he does admit the court can be his own canvas for expression.

- Deuce Magazin 2003
Old 12-12-2003, 10:44 AM   #102
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute

Member of the unofficial international Mohamed Lahyani fanclub
maratski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 10:50 AM   #103
country flag Cris

Cris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic!
Santoro and John Mac always say nice things about Marat! Great!
About Penelope Cruz, just another proof of her wonderful taste in men.
Thanks!

Last edited by Cris : 12-12-2003 at 10:54 AM.
Cris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 10:55 AM   #104
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

they are just saying the truth They want Marat to be the one he could easily be, because as John said, Tennis has someone special!
Old 12-12-2003, 10:56 AM   #105
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute

every woman that likes Marat has a good taste in men

Member of the unofficial international Mohamed Lahyani fanclub
maratski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote