Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-12-2003, 08:30 AM   #76
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Jim Courier (2001): “He’s the prototype for the new generation of tennis players. That’s the body. If you could pick one, if you could design one… that is exactly the body that you want. Because he’s fast and he’s smooth, and he doesn’t move like a guy normally moves 6-4 on a tennis court. You see those guys who kind of lumber around. This guy, man… He’s a real natural”

“If he could put it all together… who could stop this guy? On his best day, I don’t think there’s another guy who’s as good as he is… It’s really just a question of him putting it all together and keeping his head together. He’s young, there’s no reason he can’t have a beautiful career. It’s really gonna be in spite of himself if he does not.”
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Jessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2003, 08:32 AM   #77
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute

The Edmonton Journal (2003): And while there's no David Beckham yet on the horizon, hot-shot young men like Russia's Marat Safin are giving their soccer counterpart a run for his money in the cool-guy player sweepstakes.

v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Old 12-12-2003, 08:33 AM   #78
country flag Jessi

Nicolas Escudé ( Paris 2002): "When Safin is right mentally, I consider him the best player in the world. Far ahead of the others."
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 12-12-2003, 08:40 AM   #79
country flag Jessi

This one is cute

Fabrice Santoro: "After my my fourth or fifth victory against him,
whenever he saw me, he put his hands on his head and said "No, please, not him!". He teases me too: "So, Santoro, still got your slice?" or " Tell me, you've been on the tour for a long time. Don't you think it would be a good time to stop now?". He's a nice guy, and I find that our matches bring us closer."
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 12-12-2003, 08:56 AM   #80
country flag Cris

Cris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond repute

Great quotes about Marat!
Loved the John Mac one! Can't agree more with M. Navratilova.
Thanks Jessi!
Old 12-12-2003, 09:07 AM   #81
country flag Jessi

who knew Martina had great taste in men?
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 12-12-2003, 09:07 AM   #82
country flag Jessi

and you're welcome

I have more great quotes which i'll post later.. stay tuned
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 12-12-2003, 09:13 AM   #83
country flag Cris

Cris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond repute

Was a nice surprise for me too.
Can't wait!
Old 12-12-2003, 10:32 AM   #84
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

wow, i love this! GREAT ONES!
Old 12-12-2003, 10:33 AM   #85
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

this is funny :

"Last night I applied some of my famous 'Rub Dub' massage creme to Marat Safin. Afterwards, Marat told me that it was so hot that he never moved so fast on court in his life." - Bill Norris (ATP trainer)

After the Russian defeated D.Prinosil in straight sets. AO 2002
Old 12-12-2003, 10:34 AM   #86
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"He's catching, but he's young, you know. He has very good potential. He's a great player, and his potential is n°1. I assume he's doing to play a lot of matches, he's going to break other racquets. Is going to be big fight, you know. Depends how long I going to play, you know...I think he throws the racquets with emotions. That's how you should throw the racquet."

Goran Ivanisevic on Marat Safin's chances to pass him for the lead of most career broken racquets.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:35 AM   #87
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"Safin happens to be a very very intelligent young man. He speaks a number of languages... very quick on his feet. He's got it all. He's got the talent, he's got the looks, he's a very intelligent young guy. And he's got a sense of humour." John McEnroe
Old 12-12-2003, 10:36 AM   #88
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

" In June 1998, shortly after his first sensational debut at the French Open, I remember how hard it was for him to cope with the sudden avalanche of fame... Fame and attention weighed on him. Two years have passed. Safin already knows what he is worth. But he is still sincere-both on court and off. And this sincerity wins me over." -Yevgeny Fedyakov
Old 12-12-2003, 10:37 AM   #89
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"Hewitt, he is not the most brilliant, but he plays right. But according to me, the best player of the world is Marat Safin. He is able to push tennis to another dimension (another level). It is not normal that he loses against me..." - Fabrice Santoro
Old 12-12-2003, 10:38 AM   #90
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"I want to see Safin become the real deal. He is a great story. He comes out of a country where people have struggled for so long, is sponsored to go to Spain to learn the game, the language and the culture, he develops a sense of humour in three languages. He shows a lot of emotion on the court, a fantastic smile, he's a big, good-looking guy who plays in his first Grand Slam final and hardly misses a passing shot. Tennis has someone special and I hope it doesn't waste him."-John McEnroe