Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-22-2003, 02:59 PM   #46
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

All of them?
Marat: I honestly believe that all women are wonderful, everyone in their own way. Two women alike do not exist in this world.

That’s why just to stop on one of them is just insane...
Marat: Don’t ascribe other people’s words on me. On the contrary, I think that it’s ideal to succeed in finding your right one, and I hope that it’ll happen to me.

And what kind of woman will have good chance with you, a brilliant celebrity like you?
Marat: Famous girls themselves don’t attract me very much.
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2003, 03:02 PM   #47
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

So that means that you’ll be looking for a simple, modest but a beautiful girl?
Marat: Why beautiful? Beauty is not the most important value in a woman.

What is?
Marat: The soul, the character, the intellect.

So the intelligent women don’t scare you?
Marat: No. I myself try to read a lot.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:04 PM   #48
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Doesn’t that bother you?
Marat: In general, no. True, it is unpleasant, when you’re sitting with your friends, and a complete stranger approaches you and starts lecturing, “you didn’t do that right, the serve has weakened, couldn’t collect yourself in the last set...”

And what do you do? Get up and slack ’em on the neck?
Marat: No, I say, “Thanks a lot; I’ll try to play better next time.”

You have a stiff self-control.
Marat: They teach us that. And also, often, someone approaches me in the street and starts, “You’re Safin? No, are you really Safin? No, you’re probably kidding, you just look like Safin...” That’s why when they ask me who I am, I usually say that I’m Safin’s cousin.

That’s because you’re modest?
Marat: That’s because it’s stupid to try to prove that you’re you. And life is too short for spending it on every trifle thing.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:08 AM   #49
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

This interview is great! Every quote is indeed classic

Member of the unofficial international Mohamed Lahyani fanclub
maratski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:09 PM   #50
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute

ditto what Ilhame said!

I also like this one:

Press the car’s speed pedal 300km/hour and be carried away on a highway...

NO! That pleasure is for people who want to become a donor of organs quicker. I’m not ready to bring humanity profit that way, that’s why I drive carefully.

v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Jessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 10:36 PM   #51
country flag Cris

Cris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessi
ditto what Ilhame said!

I also like this one:

Press the car’s speed pedal 300km/hour and be carried away on a highway...

NO! That pleasure is for people who want to become a donor of organs quicker. I’m not ready to bring humanity profit that way, that’s why I drive carefully.

He's amazing... has a witty answer for every question!!! Always surprising us.
Cris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 01:09 PM   #52
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

that one is a great also thanks jessi

indeed, Lilly
Old 10-05-2003, 12:49 PM   #53
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

from Christine`s forum:

"I was too busy with my own problems. Roddick won something, I think. He was in the final against, what was that guy's name again?"-- Quote machine Marat Safin joking about not paying attention to the results while he was injured.
Old 10-05-2003, 01:33 PM   #54
country flag Cris

Cris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuddel
from Christine`s forum:

"I was too busy with my own problems. Roddick won something, I think. He was in the final against, what was that guy's name again?"-- Quote machine Marat Safin joking about not paying attention to the results while he was injured.
It would be perfect if he said : "Roddick??? Who is this guy???"

Love his sense of humour!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 07:20 PM   #55
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute

Lilly, Marat would never say that. He's too nice!!
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Old 10-05-2003, 07:40 PM   #56
country flag Cris

yes, that's true.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:51 PM   #57
country flag Jessi

Here are some more quotes posted by Alex on Christine's forum:

"It's too much pressure. You have to think match by match and moment by moment or it drives you to distraction. I'm tired of all the talk about it. Everyone is obsessed with it...If I was the type of person who had tennis, tennis, tennis all the time and I went to bed and ended up dreaming about tennis, I would go nuts."-- Marat Safin freaking out at the thought of making a run at No. 1.

"We go for too much. First of all, we have to go for the urine testing, now we have to go to EPO -- I said to the ATP that I don't think it's correct, but they really didn't listen." -- Marat Safin, not real happy about EPO drug testing
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 10-05-2003, 07:51 PM   #58
country flag Jessi

"Wimbledon is not the tournament I love. I don't like how they treat the players. There are small things that don't cost them anything and they make such a big deal out of it. If they treat us this way, well, we have to treat them the same. We want to be respected, the way we respect Wimbledon, even if it is not the best Grand Slam on earth." -- Marat Safin, who apparently doesn't like Wimbledon.

"This year, I haven't been able to play even three consecutive weeks without becoming injured. Now I want to do well here in Barcelona and then the big tournaments. If I stay fit, my confidence will come back. I want to win Roland Garros. That's my main goal. I going to be at Roland Garros and take my chances. I am going to be dangerous this year."-- The dangerous Russian Marat Safin in Barcelona.
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 10-05-2003, 07:57 PM   #59
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Marat!!!!

It is obvious that he isn`t really into Wimby LOL!

thanks jessi

love his quotes. Marat you make my day
Old 10-05-2003, 08:09 PM   #60
country flag Cris

Thanks, Jessi!
Great quotes! He's amazing.