Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat - Page 38 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #556
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer
The russian box burst out laughing and Agassi had such a funny perplexed look
one of the advantages of being non-english speaking, I suppose ... I do often wonder what he's dribbling on about sometimes ... apparently he's taught Lundgren the russian word for 'bitch', and that gets used a fair bit at their training sessions

I was flicking through a russian phrasebook in a bookshop the other day (you know the ones for travellers) ... and the page I opened it at was 'pick up lines' ... now, do you think I can remember what "You've got a nice butt" was?!!! ... you never know it might come in handy one day!!

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #557
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls
one of the advantages of being non-english speaking, I suppose ... I do often wonder what he's dribbling on about sometimes ... apparently he's taught Lundgren the russian word for 'bitch', and that gets used a fair bit at their training sessions
He actually said 'bitch' word not f-ck (we use it like english-speakers use f-ck word in some cases)
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:37 PM   #558
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

Not that I'm used to swear myself, I'm a decent girl..
Old 04-11-2005, 12:38 PM   #559
country flag NINA_BCN

NINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer
He actually said 'bitch' word not f-ck (we use it like english-speakers use f-ck word in some cases)

The same way that spanish people do!
Old 04-11-2005, 01:36 PM   #560
country flag foul_dwimmerlaik

foul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer
Not that I'm used to swear myself, I'm a decent girl..
The only case when I might swear (very quietly) is during tennis matches. If you know what I mean.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:43 PM   #561
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foul_dwimmerlaik
The only case when I might swear (very quietly) is during tennis matches. If you know what I mean.
Once I almost sweared aloud in the office when I looked at the scoreboard but managed to half muffle myself. Not very successfully though, my colleagues were startled by the sound I made
Old 04-11-2005, 02:34 PM   #562
country flag erica

erica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
one of the advantages of being non-english speaking, I suppose
That´s pretty bad sometimes too We always talk Swedish with some of my friends (it´s our mother language..), and sometimes talk pretty rudely about people, and it´s bad if they happen to understand Swedish

Quote:
I was flicking through a russian phrasebook in a bookshop the other day (you know the ones for travellers) ... and the page I opened it at was 'pick up lines' ... now, do you think I can remember what "You've got a nice butt" was?!!! ... you never know it might come in handy one day!!
..well, atleast if you meet Marat!
erica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:56 PM   #563
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica
That´s pretty bad sometimes too We always talk Swedish with some of my friends (it´s our mother language..), and sometimes talk pretty rudely about people, and it´s bad if they happen to understand Swedish
My colleague and I had a business meeting once with a guy from Europe who told us he doesn't know a single russian word. At one moment during the meeting we said a couple of words in russian to each other (not more, and we were not rude, just a little joke) and this guy suddenly answered in russian. We became speechless instantly. The worst thing was that it made us feel like laughing so much, we tried our best to restrain ourselves but without success , we couln't keep on serious conversation. Almost slipped down the chair.

Last edited by mer : 04-11-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:19 PM   #564
country flag EternalFlame

EternalFlame has a reputation beyond reputeEternalFlame has a reputation beyond reputeEternalFlame has a reputation beyond reputeEternalFlame has a reputation beyond reputeEternalFlame has a reputation beyond reputeEternalFlame has a reputation beyond reputeEternalFlame has a reputation beyond reputeEternalFlame has a reputation beyond reputeEternalFlame has a reputation beyond reputeEternalFlame has a reputation beyond reputeEternalFlame has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer
The russian box bursted out laughing and Agassi had such a funny perplexed look
I think I remember that. And I think I got the video. I dunno Russian but he was clearly saying something funny that some people burst into laugh...

Marat Safin: Same as you said.

Marat: I couldn't beat him(Andy Roddick) here. Can you imagine if I beat him here, what's gonna happen (smiling)........

Q: So what would happen if you beat him here?

Marat: I don't want to think about it, what would happen. What would happen to the tournament, to the crowd, to the people? I don't know. I don't want to think about it.

Houston 2004
EternalFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:56 PM   #565
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foul_dwimmerlaik
Tanechka, I know it only too well.
And I guess it's (almost) the only case when I swear too.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:20 PM   #566
country flag foul_dwimmerlaik

foul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV
Tanechka, I know it only too well.
And I guess it's (almost) the only case when I swear too.
I usually sent the hubby away when I'm watching Marat's matches, especially after an embarassing incident during the Haas match at the 2001 AO. He's been looking at me funny two days after that.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:26 AM   #567
country flag Carolinita

Carolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond repute

Marat about his defeat against Robredo:

"Safin described the outcome of the match as "pure luck".

He said: "There were some points which could have gone either way. Tonight they went his way.

"I have nothing to be angry about. I was just missing a little bit. I wasn't 100-percent when I needed to be."
"
Old 05-31-2005, 03:45 AM   #568
country flag Carolinita

Carolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond repute

more:

"I had so may points that I should have won, you get sick and tired of it," said the charismatic Russian after his 7-5 1-6 6-1 4-6 8-6 defeat.

"I destroyed the racket and the chair because I couldn't take it any more, to release my emotions, otherwise I was going crazy out there."

"The crowd love you and you're playing on a perfect court," he said. "But everything was a struggle today. I'm not taking any credit from him but I was missing something.

"If it's going to happen, it will. But this is painful because it's my favourite tournament. Hopefully, more opportunities will come."

"I fought until the last point and that's something I'm satisfied with," said Safin. "My game was not 100 percent when I needed it to be. It's tough but life goes on."

"Today it came down to luck, pure luck," added Safin when asked by reporters what had decided the match. "Nothing went the way I wanted it to go.

"But I've been lucky to be where I am. If somebody hadn't invested in me to play tennis for five years I might be picking up bottles in Moscow."
Old 05-31-2005, 05:57 AM   #569
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

He was never going to complete the Grand Slam, not with the way he feels about Wimbledon grass, but he does have the game to have made another great run in Paris, where his best performance was reaching the semifinals in 2002.
--Chris Clarey, The New York Times
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 07:30 PM   #570
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

Q. Did Marat say anything to you after the match?

TOMMY ROBREDO: No. He's a great player, you know, he's a great guy. Sometimes he breaks a racquet or so. But sometimes he's very expressive. But he's a really great person. He congratulated me.