Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-08-2004, 08:59 PM   #466
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

From Madrid last year:

Q. Earlier in the year, Brad Gilbert said that only two players would make him come back on the tour as a coach: Andy Roddick and Marat Safin. I don't know whether you heard him say that. What do you think of that comment?

MARAT SAFIN: The only thing that I heard is just he said that I'm injured completely on my brain, which didn't give me any respect to myself. He should take care of Andy, he's doing really good job, and just leave me alone. That's the only suggestion I can give him. And he's doing really good job, so why break my balls?
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Jessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2004, 10:03 PM   #467
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute

From the same Madrid interview...

Q. But if you are injury-free throughout the year...

MARAT SAFIN: Then it's up to me. Yeah, my game, if I can find my game straightaway, if I will be able to get in a good shape, make the good pre-season program, get my confidence back, because I'm completely out of confidence. If I can get it back, I can be dangerous. But still, you know, it's the next year. This year is not finished. I hope I'll be alive for next year.
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Old 03-09-2004, 11:35 AM   #468
country flag Aurora
icicles down my spine

Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond repute

Break his balls Uhhhm... ok, Marat. whatever!
Aurora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:16 PM   #469
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute

I think Marat litterally translated that from another language into english. There's a pretty similar expression in french, which means he annoys the hell out of him or something

Member of the unofficial international Mohamed Lahyani fanclub
maratski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:31 PM   #470
country flag Catsou

Catsou has a reputation beyond reputeCatsou has a reputation beyond reputeCatsou has a reputation beyond reputeCatsou has a reputation beyond reputeCatsou has a reputation beyond reputeCatsou has a reputation beyond reputeCatsou has a reputation beyond reputeCatsou has a reputation beyond reputeCatsou has a reputation beyond reputeCatsou has a reputation beyond reputeCatsou has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I think you're right Ilhame cuz we have a idiom like that in french...so I think he must have translated it word to word.
Most of the time though idioms doesn't come out really well in another langage
Old 03-14-2004, 12:36 PM   #471
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Q. Talk about the reemergence of Safin, what it does to the mix of people in the tournament.

LLEYTON HEWITT: Safin fully fit is obviously one of the toughest guys out there. He's got an all-around game. He's got a lot of power out there. He can play on all surfaces. We've all seen him at his best. I think the Australian Open this year, he was pretty close to his best, I'd say, a couple of those matches towards the end of the tournament. He's going to be tough, there's no doubt about it.

Q. As a guy for whom consistency and consistent approach is obviously a virtue of your game, do you have a hard time identifying with a player like Safin, whose motivation seems to come in and out, up and down? Do you say, "How can someone possibly not care all the time"?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Not really. Everyone's personality is different, I guess. That's what makes the game so interesting I guess in a lot of ways. Yeah, you're always going to have those kind of characters out there, I guess. You know, different personalities. You know, you look at McEnroe and Borg, totally different situations, playing styles, strengths and weaknesses, I guess. Obviously, Marat, one of his biggest strengths is how hard he can hit the ball, his power, his all court game. Sometimes the mental side of it lets him down sometimes. If you got the whole package, then you'd be winning week in and week out, I guess. It would be boring for everyone.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:47 PM   #472
country flag Jessi

Apparently US Tennis Magazine is at IW to do a feature on Marat and they're asking all the players about him to put in their story. Also, someone told them about safinator. com and Christine and they're going to talking to her as well.
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 10-25-2004, 08:29 PM   #473
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

Mats Wilander on BBC Sport:

Having worked with Marat Safin, what are your thoughts on him teaming up with Peter Lundgren? Laura, UK

I think they're a really good team actually. Safin is a little bit like Roger Federer in that he's really talented. If anything's missing it's the mental stability. When he plays well he plays unbelievably well, but he has to be a little bit more patient when he doesn't play well and I think Federer is the same kind of player.

What I found hard (coaching him) is that these guys need to learn the game of tennis themselves - it's really hard for someone from the outside to tell them or explain to them. I think Lundgren did a great job with Federer in that he just let him develop in his own time and hopefully with Marat Safin he still has a few more years to be able to do the same thing.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:30 AM   #474
country flag shortie

shortie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessi
From Madrid last year:

Q. Earlier in the year, Brad Gilbert said that only two players would make him come back on the tour as a coach: Andy Roddick and Marat Safin. I don't know whether you heard him say that. What do you think of that comment?

MARAT SAFIN: The only thing that I heard is just he said that I'm injured completely on my brain, which didn't give me any respect to myself. He should take care of Andy, he's doing really good job, and just leave me alone. That's the only suggestion I can give him. And he's doing really good job, so why break my balls?
*Whoo* There seems to be a lot of tension between these two. Wasn't there another quote from Brad about Marat on Andy's forum?
shortie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 07:44 AM   #475
country flag drf716

drf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

there's also asomething about marat in the tennis channel
drf716 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:45 PM   #476
country flag Jessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie
*Whoo* There seems to be a lot of tension between these two. Wasn't there another quote from Brad about Marat on Andy's forum?
Brad's just bitter cos Marat turned down his offer to be his coach so he slags off Marat any chance he gets. What a classless jerk. He was dying to coach Marat but Marat wouldn't answer his calls. Marat knows exactly what kind of guy Gilbert is and didn't want to have anything to do with him. Marat only associates himself with intelligent and classy ppl>>Chesnokov, Tony Pickard, Wilander, and Lundgren.
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 10-29-2004, 10:51 PM   #477
country flag Jessi

I like this one from Madrid

Q. What percentage do you think Lundgren has in your success?

MARAT SAFIN: Enough. Quite a lot. Most of it, I think. The most important part.

are you sure Marat?
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 10-29-2004, 10:56 PM   #478
country flag Aurora
icicles down my spine

Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond repute

good one!

Aurora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 10:33 AM   #479
country flag junekidd

junekidd has a reputation beyond reputejunekidd has a reputation beyond reputejunekidd has a reputation beyond reputejunekidd has a reputation beyond reputejunekidd has a reputation beyond reputejunekidd has a reputation beyond reputejunekidd has a reputation beyond reputejunekidd has a reputation beyond reputejunekidd has a reputation beyond reputejunekidd has a reputation beyond reputejunekidd has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Favourite Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessi
I like this one from Madrid

Q. What percentage do you think Lundgren has in your success?

MARAT SAFIN: Enough. Quite a lot. Most of it, I think. The most important part.

are you sure Marat?

obviously he isn't!

MARAT-SAFIN FOREVER

HIPPO, BLESS URSELF PLS
Good luck to GUGA MISHA CARLOS & FER

~~Go to Marat forum in Chinese~~
junekidd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:45 PM   #480
country flag Kiara

Kiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond repute

I think the gist of it was perhaps lost in translation nontheless it's très cute
Kiara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote