Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat - Page 31 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2004, 07:49 PM   #451
country flag Kiara

Kiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

This also took alot of digging around to find, im posting it cos it's one of my favourite matches of all time...
Jim Courier on THAT kid, Marat Safin :
"The guy was playing -- first 11 games, I was shell shocked. I didn't know what to do out there. My game was just wasn't matched up to his. He had too much stick for me, he was blowing me off the court. Gully said, "Can you change the pace?" I said, "He's blowing the ball right through me"
Kiara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2004, 07:18 AM   #452
country flag Vass

Vass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond repute

I like this quote too.

Anastasia Myskina, Marat Safin thank you.
Vass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 09:55 AM   #453
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

thanks Kiara
Old 02-20-2004, 10:33 AM   #454
country flag Cris

Cris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond repute

great quotes! Thanks Andrea and Kiara!
Old 02-20-2004, 02:14 PM   #455
country flag Kiara

Kiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond repute

Excerpts from old transcripts

"But I just broke my racquet; that's it. It's not so dangerous. I didn't kill anybody"

"Yeah. It was difficult to find racquets. It was difficult. I remember I played in '94 in the Orange Bowl. I came to this tournament with two different racquets. How it's possible? Other guys, I came there with clothes, shorts Reebok, I think shirt, Adidas. I didn't have any clothes. I played with two different racquets. It's not serious. In Spain, it wasn't a big problem to find some racquets. I had everything, balls, boxes of balls. Racquets? How many you want? You just have to work. You have to play tournaments, just win matches. That's it. "

"I was going nuts, actually. Because I had no more racquets and chair umpire already told me that I should be careful. I had no more power to shout or to the racquets, so I couldn't anymore,I finish all my racquets. I have only three left "

Last edited by Kiara : 02-20-2004 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:25 PM   #456
country flag Kiara

Marat talking about Dinara's match against Serena at the USO

"Come on, she's 16 years old. When I was 16, I was playing satellites in Spain. I was staying in a hotel for $15 a night. I had breakfast like, I don't know, like normal kids. Every 16-year-old guy is just starting to play satellites, not even close. They're playing national tournaments, which is -- it's the lowest thing in the world. Yeah... And she's playing 16 years old, playing Serena, No. 1 in the world, center court and the people are watching. You play satellites, the people, they don't even watch. They have no lines men even"

Did you tell her that?

"Yeah, of course. She was pissed because of, I don't know, she could have done much better and all this. Of course, she's really ambitious, but, you know, you have to calm down. You have to come back to reality. She start the year, she's 400. Now she's Top 100. She's complaining, it's not normal."
Old 02-20-2004, 03:42 PM   #457
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

OMG That last part...."it's not normal"
Old 02-20-2004, 06:47 PM   #458
country flag Aurora
icicles down my spine

Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond repute

He's got a point, Dinara should listen... it seems she gets too tense in matches against the big guns. She shouldn't feel pressured in a match she hasn't got to win and hasn't got anything to lose either. Letting go what you want... fastest way to get it! (not that I'm any good at it)
Aurora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 09:53 AM   #459
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!

Yeah Dinara sometimes wants too much. She should let it go more and then everything will come.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:16 PM   #460
country flag Kiara

From IW last year :"Why are you saying it’s frustrating? What, I look bad? I look like injured? I’m disgusting, playing terrible tennis," Safin said. "Frustrating would be like if I will drop to top 200 and never will be able to come back. I’m still top 10. O.K., maybe it’s not my best shape at the beginning of the year because I was injured. But still there is a lot of time coming. You know, it’s not the end of the world."
Old 03-07-2004, 07:20 PM   #461
country flag Kiara

"I’m coming here to play tennis, not just to fight with the chair umpire,"
Old 03-07-2004, 08:03 PM   #462
country flag Shadow

that was his lil outburst
Old 03-07-2004, 08:10 PM   #463
country flag Kiara

lol! "lil"??? it was hilarious! I thought we should relive it since IW is around the corner
Old 03-07-2004, 08:14 PM   #464
country flag Shadow

yeah i mean big

no more Marat, please
Old 03-07-2004, 08:38 PM   #465
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute

Member of the unofficial international Mohamed Lahyani fanclub
maratski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote