Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-17-2003, 01:48 PM   #31
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"Places like Bronx or Queens are worse. Moscow isn't even close. Of course some people get shot by accident, but nobody is getting killed in the street. There is not a war."

"I wasn't a genius I wasn't stupid. I was okay. I was a normal guy. Sometimes I cheated in exams. we all do."

"I'm not like American. I have my own picture on wall."

"Robert de Niro, because he is as good playing a taxi driver as playing a banker or a gangster"

"I don't want to be Agassi or Kournikova."
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2003, 01:50 PM   #32
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

"I want to be happy, to enjoy, that's the most important thing. I don't want to say that I like being famous or that I look for it, but people recognize me or whatever, why would I not be nice to them? We have a good life here. If part of that means that I am recognized or people want my autograph, it's OK."

"When I look at a dollar note, I only see a picture of George Washington on a piece of paper. Money is only money. It makes the life easier, but I don't feel sexy or mighty because of that."

"I try to have a normal life, but during the tournament it's impossible. Everybody wants something, a photo, an autograph. Me, my job is to play tennis. I don't care about popularity. I don't want to be invited to all TV shows, I don't want to see my mug in the front page of all the Russian's newspapers. I just want to live my life, to do my job and when my day at the office is finished I want to be a normal guy. Here, it's impossible. And Yevgueni who bores me in order that I make at least a semi final, in order that there is a lot of public/audience. I know what he wants: a head to head between him and me..."

"After I had won the US Open, my recognizing value climb up. Unfortunately the funny things don't happened to me now - such as last new-year's-eve in Moscow. I wanted to go to a famous club and they didn't let me in. I liked it. When today somebody don't recognize me and ask me what I do professionally, I always answer that I'm a poor student. That's more interesting and funnier."

"I am not a singer or a rock star. Tennis is tennis. If you want to see a clown, go to a circus."
Old 07-17-2003, 01:56 PM   #33
country flag Shadow

"All the girls, they want to be famous, right?"

"They (the sleazy blondes) are not my types. My type? Not this type."

(on being a ladies' man)"Of course! I'm not gay! Find me one normal guy who doesn't like women's company. I think it's good. It's natural. You cannot fight against the nature, right?"

"You count me as a manufacturer? I think that there are many people in Russia who would like to spend their sperm for money. If I need a child, my love will give birth to it."

"I just want to be on my line.. playing Marat Safin style."

"It's like love. When you look too hard, you don't find it. When you let it happen naturally, it comes."

"I watch TV, go to restaurants. I saw Shallow Hal. That was the worst I ever saw. Terrible, horrible, disgusting movie. I think the director never watched it after he finished filming. Stupid movie." I also enjoyed "Dumb and Dumber", but I would not consider it a master piece."

"I like to sit down and to laze around, I can spend an entire day without moving off the sofa. Me I am quite passive,I like to see life flowing."

"I had my driving licence in the last June. I don't want to be fined too soon. I love the cars. Hey I'm just 19 years old, it's normal. Every young men are little mad."

"Good or bad, I try to eat everything."

"I have an empty refrigerator and nobody takes care of things around the house. I have nobody to cook for me, so I go to restaurants. Me cooking? No idea! Me washing clothes? No idea! I can't do anything domestic!"

"Sometimes I feel like reading a book or playing computer games. At times I manage to go to a club. I like listening to music and I like different types of it: Metallica, Halloween, Enigma. I should say that the hours of rest I have are based completely on my mood, and my mood changes 10 times a day!"

"I don't need someone telling me what to do all the time. I don't like it when coaches talk to much, try to teach you too much." "If they talk to you from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. it drives you crazy."

"The guy just said that it's for tanking. I mean, at least I'm in history already."
Old 07-17-2003, 02:00 PM   #34
country flag Shadow

"I had to play my first match very early, so I just got to wake up at 9, I'm not used to do this, waking up at 9 I was completely out of the court, I was in the bed."

"You know why I want to win? Because of 15,000 reasons inside of the tennis court."

"I began to think with my head and everything went normal"

"I'm getting older, so I know a little bit the game (smiling). I know the game a little bit more. But as soon as you know the game better than before, you start to choke more."

"I have to play good tennis to show them I'm not the yo-yo from Moscow"

"Like normal human beings, I was afraid. I had eyes bigger than my face."

"I had won the US Open and even didn't took my vitamins. Since 6 months they were lying in my suitcase. I drank tap water on the court. That was my doping."

"It's too much maybe, but that's the dream. We live because of the dreams."

"you think about dinner, your car, playing golf and sometimes I thought about sex… But these thoughts don't have to get out of control, otherwise the point, the set or the match got lost very fast."
Old 07-17-2003, 02:05 PM   #35
country flag Shadow

"I'm so happy, I'm so glad. I cannot describe what I'm feeling right now. It's just something that is just so great, it's the best. Better than sex, you can say that."

"I can't live with one tournament. I won Boston, so I'm a king there (laughter). That's it. I was happy for one day -- okay, for two days (laughter). That's it."

"You can destroy one racket. You can destroy a chair. But you can't destroy a racket and a chair in the same match. There has to be a limit. One racket. One or two, maybe. Otherwise this is the tennis of a sick person. People don't want to see sick people like me on the court, throwing their rackets at chairs."

"I'm not like Stefan Edberg; I'm not a robot. I'm an individual who gets mad. If I break a racket, who does it really hurt?"

"Sometimes breaking a racquet helps, You let out all the bad energy -- you have to let it out somehow. Also, I think a little drama in the final never hurts."

"If you can pay all my fines, it's okay. I can broke many. You know how much I paid already this year? Close to probably was 250 in Australia, close to $7,000, or even 10. Guys, for $10,000, you know what I can do? You don't want to know what I can do with $10,000. You going to go out to Head to tell them, no? 35, 36."
Old 07-17-2003, 02:09 PM   #36
country flag Shadow

"Everybody. Everybody's great. We all get along. We go out to dinner or the bars, I get along with everyone. That's the thing with men's tennis. We compete. Then we leave the court and we are friends. We go to eat, we go to bars. Just because I play you in a match, I have to hate you? No."

"I played one hour and a half, and I met the press for already 25 hours."

"We're in 16 of January, man. 16 of January, I don't know if I will be alive tomorrow. Don't ask me what's going to be in September."

"No, I didn't watch the [Thomas Johansson-Jiri Novak] match, actually. I was busy." - Platinum blonde-o-phile Marat Safin, to schoolboy-like laughter from journalists. "I was watching the movie." - Marat Safin clears up the confusion at Aus Open 2002.

[after a practise session with Marc Rossett at his Geneva tennis club]

Interviewer "How did you find Marc [Rossett]?"

Marat "Old."
Old 07-17-2003, 09:47 PM   #37
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute

So many great quotes
He needs to come back and give us new ones!
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Jessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 03:01 PM   #38
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Found these in the "atp insider archive" on the official atp website.

“Not yet. It’s my first day on the job. Give me some time.”
- Marat Safin on not breaking a racquet in his first match of the year against Michael Chang in Auckland.

“Thank you. Thank you for the compliment.”
- Marat Safin after being asked if he had lost some weight when he had actually gained two kilos.

"Do you expect me to smile like an idiot on court? Nobody likes to lose, and I can’t be relaxed when I see on the scoreboard that I’m losing and making stupid mistakes. That’s just the way I am.”
- Marat Safin in Rotterdam on his demeanor following a first round loss to Max
Mirnyi

"He's catching, but he's young, you know. He has very good potential. He's a great player, and his potential is No. 1. I assume he's going to play a lot of matches, he's going to break other racquets. Is going to be big fight, you know. Depends how long I going to play, you know. ... I think he throws the racquet with emotions. That's how you
should throw the racquet."
- Goran Ivanisevic on Marat Safin's chances to pass him for the lead in most career broken rackets

"I pay the bills, I pay everything."
- Marat Safin, who recently won the ASAP Sports Most Quotable Player of the Year, on how he intends to keep new coach Mats Wilander happy.

“I don’t want to make him rich.”
- Marat Safin explaining why he’s making an extra effort to break less racquets - these days he gets fined $100 by coach Mats Wilander for each one he smashes
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 03:14 PM   #39
country flag Shadow

Thank you

Great laugh
Old 07-25-2003, 06:35 PM   #40
Lena

Lena is on a distinguished road

I have a quotes of Marat but sorry if the translation is bad :

Me , complicated ? Worse than that , i'm Russian

-----------------

MARAT YOU ARE THE BEST AND THE MOST BAD CHARACTER but it's for that i love you

Lena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 11:07 AM   #41
maratgirl

maratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond repute

funny one
"And how to say this one? The Russian one, doesn't have a bad one also. What is his name, the young one, the tall one? This guy, you know (laughter)? The one not playing too bad. He beat once Sampras in the finals of US Open. Do you know him (laughter)? Safin, maybe Safin? I mean, I don't know, I consider myself I don't have a bad backhand. Not super, but I'm working on it."

VAMOS

Marat&Rafa
* a little bit more 4 marat because he needs it *
maratgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 03:50 PM   #42
country flag Shadow

some new ones:

If I was Marat Safin, then each morning when I woke up I would say:" Thanks, Lord, for the fact that I am Marat Safin ". Do you do that?

Marat: No. I say:" Thanks for the fact that I had parents, who selected a profession for me.Thanks for the coaches, who taught me everything that I know.Thanks for sponsors, who believed in me ".

Last edited by Knuddel : 09-22-2003 at 03:53 PM.
Shadow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 03:52 PM   #43
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

By the way, about fate. I look at you: you are twenty three years old, you are beautiful, rich in success - a world star. Through such an impression, it would seem there is nothing left to wish for. Is it not boring to live, having done so much? Is there no feeling, that there is nothing thing more to strive for, to want, nowhere to aim?

Marat: I hate this term:" star ". Stars - they are in space, just large spheres of heated gas. But me - I'm Marat Safin, a normal person, with problems, pleasures and troubles. What does it mean - " nothing left to want "? Naturally, I want to be the number one again.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:54 PM   #44
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Once, your BMW was stolen. If they are reading this interview, what would you like to say to them?

Marat: Guys, since you had chance to take the car and not get caught, then I hope that it gives you happiness. Let someone get pleasure from this situation.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:56 PM   #45
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Are you always so kind and generous?

Marat: I'm not very generous - I don't make enough money to send gifts to strangers. But I love to give gifts to people close to me.