Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat - Page 29 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2004, 07:06 PM   #421
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Marat seems to like the word Yo - Yo.
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2004, 07:21 PM   #422
country flag Vass

Vass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Andrea why's that?

Anastasia Myskina, Marat Safin thank you.
Vass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:20 PM   #423
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"You could say [Marat] Safin is the best looking ... along with very powerful." -John McEnroe - 2004 Australian Open
Old 02-05-2004, 01:20 PM   #424
country flag Shadow

“[Safin] is one of my favourite guys to play against, not because of our results, but from the human side. He's in the final and it's really nice to see. The whole tennis world is really happy to have him in the final, too.”
-- Roger Federer, pre-final 2004 Australian Open
Old 02-05-2004, 01:21 PM   #425
country flag Shadow

"It's good to see Safin back - we're all happy, but we're scared at the same time. I know he's definitely got the game to win these tournaments." "The whole tennis world is happy he's in the final."- Roger Federer - 2004 Australian Open
Old 02-05-2004, 01:21 PM   #426
country flag Shadow

"Great guy. Great match. Great player. I'm looking forward to it. He's one of my favourite guys to play against."- Roger Federer- 2004 Australian Open
Old 02-05-2004, 01:22 PM   #427
country flag Shadow

"I would say nobody has a better all-round game than Safin. Roger Federer is obviously very close, but these are the two most natural players of the past 10 years." -- Mats Wilander- 2004 Australian Open
Old 02-05-2004, 01:23 PM   #428
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"On the inside, Marat's not that crazy. He's a very mellow guy, he's funny, he's got a great sense of humour." Mats Wilander- 2004 Australian Open
Old 02-05-2004, 01:24 PM   #429
country flag Shadow

"I have a lot respect for Marat, but that's not because of his tennis. It's because of his ways. The way that he is around the tennis court, the way that he says hello to all the players, the way that other players think he's conducted his life. There's an aura around him, too - a vibe that you get, that all the players get from him, that is very positive. In the locker room, he's a warm guy and people warm to him." -- Mats Wilander- 2004 Australian Open
Old 02-05-2004, 01:24 PM   #430
country flag Shadow

"Yet, he who is hailed as the game's great talent nominates his own candidate: Russian former No. 1 Marat Safin. So much power. So strong off both sides. An intimidating serve-and-groundstroke game that, compared with those of smaller stature, can seem so effortless. "He's got a lot of things in his game which can make him a great, great player, and this is for me talent." -Roger Federer 2004 Australian Open
Old 02-05-2004, 01:25 PM   #431
country flag Shadow

"He has certainly got enough game to be at the top for many years. It is up to him. Tennis is a tough sport and he has had some injury problems, but there is no question that he, with a handful of other young guys, is certainly going to be around the top for a long time."
"He is 6ft 5in (195.6cm) and moves like a guy who is 5ft 11 (180cm). He has got great coverage around the court. He is probably the fastest big guy in the game of tennis. He constructs points well and he has got the power to get himself back into a point when he is in a bad situation. Marat did all the right things at the right times. Andre had to climb a big hill and couldn't quite get there." -- Darren Cahill- 2004 Australian Open
Old 02-05-2004, 01:28 PM   #432
country flag Shadow

"I have all my family, and my team, a massuer and my coach and it's enough. It's ok.. let's try to focus a little bit on tennis."
Old 02-05-2004, 01:29 PM   #433
country flag Shadow

"I did a little bit of fishing, a little bit of camping, all those things that make you think about life a little bit."
Old 02-05-2004, 01:29 PM   #434
country flag Shadow

"Fishing like was great. We were staying like eight hours a day on a boat, you know, just sitting with our beers. We had everything. Whatever you catch, we cook and we eat.
But the problem was I couldn't swim. Was great weather. But was okay. We had wine at the night, you know, with the dinner. So it was really, really good. Just make your mind a little bit relax. Just chill out. What else you can do?"
Old 02-05-2004, 01:30 PM   #435
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

"Do something. I mean, spend a lot of hours sleeping, try to make a couple of massages tomorrow, I mean, one or two. Just try to recover, my legs, start to prepare myself for the final. Just do something. Go for a walk, for example. Enjoy the sight-seeing. I will find something. I went two days ago in the zoo. I had so much fun. I will find out something to do."