Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat - Page 26 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-23-2003, 01:59 AM   #376
ikisssafin

ikisssafin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Sadness, again!! (energetic). I'm not a woman: Sadness is for woman.

MARAT IS BACK

AND HE'LL DOMINATE TENNIS WORLD
ikisssafin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2003, 02:03 AM   #377
ikisssafin

For me , Roland Garros is like Disneyland

MARAT IS BACK

Old 12-23-2003, 02:05 AM   #378
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute

wow, you've got some cool quotes, Melissa. I haven't heard them before. Thanks!
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Jessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 02:08 AM   #379
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

thanks Melissa

never read them before

lol @ the one sadness is for woman
Old 12-23-2003, 02:26 AM   #380
ikisssafin

In the USA, people can become crazy, with Agassi for example.

They show people in the streets, who only have one leg. Why not showing New York and the Bronx? It's not better. That's America!

should you be drinking as a... (laughter) you don't drink regularly, do you?

Marat: no, every day. (laughter and applause) for breakfast, for...

Dave: breakfast? (cheers and applause) every day for breakfast.

Marat: breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Dave: for breakfast you have wheaties and "wodka." (laughter)

Marat: yes. and the cookies sometimes.

MARAT IS BACK

Old 12-23-2003, 11:04 AM   #381
country flag Cris

Cris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond repute

Great quotes! Thanks!
Old 12-23-2003, 11:54 AM   #382
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikisssafin
should you be drinking as a... (laughter) you don't drink regularly, do you?

Marat: no, every day. (laughter and applause) for breakfast, for...

Dave: breakfast? (cheers and applause) every day for breakfast.

Marat: breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Dave: for breakfast you have wheaties and "wodka." (laughter)

Marat: yes. and the cookies sometimes.
i love this conversation... watched it like 100 times, lol.
Old 01-10-2004, 03:55 PM   #383
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Marat, congratulations. How does it feel to be able to play fully fit again?

(Safin) …Thank you very much. Yeah, I’m fit again. It’s good to be back here, and also it’s a very important win for me against Fabrice because my score against him is 1-7 for him, so it’s a big win for me.
Old 01-10-2004, 03:59 PM   #384
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Marat, there was some trouble with your travel arrangements because you arrived late, can you tell us what happened there?
(Safin) Why are you bringing up this point to me now? (Laughs) Let's say they stole my passport.

Who stole your passport?
(Safin) I don't know who stole it. If I would know I would call him, I would call this person. Two days before I had to do some things and took all my stuff with me and then there was nothing. Basically there was a visa, but that's why I call to the Tournament Director (Paul McNamee) and he was nice to me. He understood this and he managed all the things. Basically I flew to Australia without the visa and I got the visa at the airport. Don't tell that to anybody. They treat me really well actually. Thanks to the people at the passport control, they were really nice. I had the visa but no computer. It was a problem for me that I was scared that first of all they would not let me leave the country, Russia, because I had to fly Russia (to) Frankfurt and then Frankfurt they might check the passports. I had a letter and if you have a difficult person in front of you it might be a problem, but no problem. In Singapore they checked my passport so I told them, listen, I get the visa here so they said okay, good luck! But I was scared to fly back another 20 hours.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:01 PM   #385
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Have you looked at all for outside help during your lay-off or has it mainly been thinking to yourself?
(Safin) I have a lot of people around me I had to talk about everything. They put me in the right direction and direct me. I had a lot of questions about my life, about my professional life and how I should do everything that's possible to get whatever I want to be and whenever I want to be so basically I had some people to direct me and give me some great advice. Thanks to them for that. It's nice to be here, it's nice to play here again and I hope I don't get injured again anymore. I hope I can do my job as good as I can.

Did things happen to fast for you? You won the US Open in 2000?
(Safin) It's probably one of these things that I didn't expect actually. I didn't expect the great result and I couldn't understand what was going on, what I should do, and nobody could direct me. Because I had problems with my coaches and basically nobody could give me great advice and that's why I suffered for a couple of years. I had a difficult time with myself and I couldn't do my best even though I was trying really hard. But I couldn't because nobody could give me really good advice and direct me to show me this is the road you should take and just follow this road and do your best and good luck.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:03 PM   #386
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

You have been described as brilliant and unpredicatble, how would you describe yourself?
Same as you said.

You think so?
Yeah I say compliment also! I take it.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:04 PM   #387
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Now you always have your legion of female fans, are we going to see the Safinettes at the Australian Open again?
NO NO NO NO NO NO, I am more serious, I am trying to focus on tennis, so no there will not be any no no...

So the girls won't be there this year?
No NO No

But you made the final? 2 years ago?
But now I am a bit... 2 years older and I am a little bit smarter so I can do it without the girls.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:05 PM   #388
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

And your goals for this year?

Try to get back to where I was, where I was before, it's a long way, it's a difficult one, but also the year is starting so I have to...to, you know it's time to wake up!
Old 01-10-2004, 04:07 PM   #389
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

What are your plans for playing next week?
(Safin) Vacations.

It’s been a long year… (laughs)
(Safin) It has…it’s good enough to play a couple of matches; play well and you can rest.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:07 PM   #390
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

What mostly?

(Safin) The way that I can fight and that I found my game quite fast since that I’m not playing since almost a year. So it’s quite impressive for me to play so well.