Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-12-2003, 08:20 AM   #16
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Q. What was your first response when you heard the comment that you're like Russians: win one year and celebrate the next?

MARAT SAFIN: It's a lot of smart people in the world. It's good. It's good to have so many smart people. It's very good. I am happy for them.
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Jessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2003, 08:21 AM   #17
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute

"I mean, better times will come for sure. I want to win a few more grand slam tournaments, and it will be perfect. And I will win - otherwise i shoot myself."

v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Old 07-12-2003, 09:35 AM   #18
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jessi

Love them all!! Love this man!
Old 07-12-2003, 09:38 AM   #19
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

"Everything is possible in this life, as you can see."

"I am a man and I do not always look in the mirror, and frankly I don't really care how I look."

"We are just tennis players. Who cares about us?"
Old 07-12-2003, 09:39 AM   #20
country flag Shadow

"I'm trying and I'm trying, and I'm growing up. I'll be 23 soon."

"This is the best time . . . enjoy every moment of your life, every day and not regret afterwards," he said. "It's really important to enjoy what you are doing, enjoy the way you are living because time is running really fast, every year faster and faster and your best times are when you are young."
Old 07-12-2003, 09:40 AM   #21
country flag Shadow

"It's easier to call a trainer than a shoemaker."

"Lady, can you speak up a little bit -- Indianapolis is a little bit far from Europe, so I can't hear you."
Old 07-12-2003, 09:41 AM   #22
country flag Shadow

"The journalist asks me: "Do you drink?" Our conversation took place during the tournament, plus it was the tournament where I was playing for the first time. Was that serious to ask me that? So I answered, in a joke: - I do. - Do you smoke? - I don't. - Did you go some place here? - I did. - What did you drink? - Whisky... That was the funny conversation we had. And then I found out from the newspaper that I liquor up every day. What I just can't understand is how did I manage to have enough strength for seven matches, three of which, with Kuerten, Agassi and Pioline, were five sets matches..."
Old 07-12-2003, 09:43 AM   #23
country flag Shadow

"I'm satisfied with my life. I'm satisfied with my age. Maybe my brain is a little bit less than 21 years old, but I think that makes me feel good. I'm happy with this."

"I can't live in the United States - I'd kill myself. "It's not my style of life, it's not the country for me. They don't even let me drink a beer in this country. I was born in Moscow. Then I went to Spain and my life is like a festival everyday."
Old 07-12-2003, 09:45 AM   #24
country flag Shadow

"I think for me it's difficult because I'm also scared of flying, yes. I have this paranoia. No, it affects me. Not tennis, it affects myself. Every time I go in the plane, sometimes I'm too scared. is difficult. But I'm taking sleeping pills, so is okay."

"I don't understand this. So why we don't -- why we don't put any fines to the chair umpires when they make easiest mistakes? If I would lose, I would lose because of this guy. The machine doesn't work, but I think he has an ear, no?"

"I'm coming here to play tennis, not just to fight with the chair umpire."

"We were playing great tennis and the guy just, he wants to show off. I don't know what is his problem."

"I cannot talk to the person with sunglasses... he should talk to me with respect like I am talking to him."
Old 07-12-2003, 09:47 AM   #25
country flag Shadow

"That is a question without any answer. He says yes but, you know, Yevgeny has like seven Fridays in a week."

"I think Goran, he was like this since the beginning. He didn't just become crazy when he was on ATP. He was already like this when he was young, the same like me, yes. Yes, I was like this already. I think it's a question of parents. Normally the father, if he's a big fighter, normally you become crazy. You smash racquets, you know, you get crazy on the court like your parents."

"Everybody. Everybody's great. We all get along. We go out to dinner or the bars, I get along with everyone. That's the thing with men's tennis. We compete. Then we leave the court and we are friends. We go to eat, we go to bars. Just because I play you in a match, I have to hate you? No."

"He's (Santoro) the only person in this world who can beat me - no, I mean who beat me five times in a row without any problems. This is the only one who can drive me crazy on the court like he did already for two years.

"Being told I am having to play Santoro is like being told I am going to die."
Old 07-12-2003, 09:51 AM   #26
country flag Shadow

"Today I break racquets, for tomorrow we die."

"Ya, i choked. But you know, shit happends"

"just...the problem is that you have to pay after you break the racket. (laughter) you have to pay a fine. no, no, they say thank you, you are doing well."
Old 07-12-2003, 10:13 AM   #27
country flag Jessi

Thanks Andrea!

God, i love this man!

Marat definitely deserves to win the most quotable player every year! No one else even comes close to his charm, wit, and humor!
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 07-12-2003, 10:33 AM   #28
country flag Shadow

You`re welcome I have some more ones, but will post them maybe later, when i have more time.

Cant agree more. I was pissed when Agassi won the award for 2002 Marat is the only man who should win this award
Old 07-12-2003, 10:36 AM   #29
country flag Jessi

so was I I don't remember a single funny or memorable thing Agassi said.
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

Old 07-12-2003, 09:28 PM   #30
country flag Shadow

"I would not have a bet on myself"

"I can't understand it. "You get to spend 24 hours a day around me. That should be hard to resist, shouldn't it?"

"If the crowd is like this with me tomorrow, I have no chance to be somebody in the world. "Maybe I'll wear a sign on my head that says, 'I'm Marat Safin.'"