Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-13-2003, 06:20 AM   #211
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Yes, you really need to. See how he likes it. He'll probably hate doing them so much that it will make him appreciate what you do even more.
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Jessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2003, 08:49 AM   #212
country flag Cris

Cris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Agree you Jessi! Nicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessi
watered? ROFL! He sounds like a plant, Nicki
Men! What would they do without us, eh?
Nothing! My bf is like a kid! His mom becomes very happy when he comes to spend weekends with me. Thank God it's only for the weekends! The rest of the week, I work, study and solve his problems (go to the bank, pay his bills...).
Looks like a baby: sleeps, cries, need to be changed, fed... men
And I'm still in love with the guy.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:34 AM   #213
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

LMAO!

who talks about men beeing the "stronger" sex
Old 12-13-2003, 12:23 PM   #214
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

now, how about Quotes about Marat from Fans!?
Old 12-13-2003, 12:27 PM   #215
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Liz: "I now know why Marat has such a large fanbase. The respect he has for his fans is amazing, not just going on my experiences, but from the way I saw him interact with other fans while I was there. That man is truley a gentleman."
Old 12-13-2003, 12:30 PM   #216
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Evelyn: "So, Marat was definitely very kind to all the fans, and very polite!"
"Anyway, I felt very fortunate to have finally met Marat. But I also feel lucky to have met so many nice Marat fans around the world, through all the sites dedicated to Marat, like this one! So, I feel that just like Marat was awarded with an Order for International Friendship, he has also spread the spirit of friendship amongst his fans, worldwide. And I think that's the real blessing of being a Marat fan!"
Old 12-13-2003, 12:34 PM   #217
country flag Cris

Cris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea! Sweet quotes!
Old 12-13-2003, 12:38 PM   #218
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

ami: "As much as I love Marat for his game, his charm , even his looks.. I really feel for him because of his vulnerability. He has a fragile core.But it is not because he is weak, it is because he is so sensitive. There is a haunting sadness about his losses. I cannnot imagine the burden he carries.To be so abundantly gifted ,to be so keenly aware of the responsibility and expectations this gift carries, and yet cursed with such terrible self doubt ..that inevitably this supposed talent deserts him when he wants it to work so desperately. His feet turn to lead and mind a chaotic mess of fear and adrenaline..

Marat,I think you need to learn to let go. You need to learn to attain a zen state of semidetachment.
Let the game come to you Marat .Let it flow.It is in your hands and feet, it is in your racquet and in your speed..The journey you want to make from now to the centrecourt US Open 2000 is internal..And when a journey is internal it can take decades or it can be over in an instant.You know this road. You have walked on it before. What you need , you already have...Good luck .."
Old 12-13-2003, 12:44 PM   #219
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Dee: "Anyway, Sue and I were very impressed indeed with our Marat - he was funny, charming, obliging, polite, friendly, outgoing, a great sport, beautifully built and most of all ABSOLUTELY DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!! Very sexy, a big hit with every female in the ground (and some of the men too!)"
Old 12-13-2003, 12:52 PM   #220
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Ami: "The talent like Marat Safin-, huge , awesome and effortless then is to be cherished.
He plays the spinning backhand stab volley with the same effortless ease as his sweetly hit forehand. Everything flows, everything comes from a higher plane on the day his mind is in sync with his abilities. His game goes to a magical place with a scary naturalness where other champions are rarely able to go. He has the physical ability to create magic on the court like no other."
"Sampras has said that he is perhaps the best returner of serve he has faced. Courier has echoed this recently. McEnroe two years ago implored ATP to not waste this prodigious talent, this personality. Kafelnikov has said that Marat will be as big as he wants to be, there are no limits for him."
Old 12-13-2003, 01:00 PM   #221
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Isabelle: "Watching Marat lately, I've been struck with how much he's improved his game - no one can say these days that Marat Safin is all brute force and power and nothing much else. He's learned to serve and volley, he comes to the net more often and wins the point, he's got much more incredible angles and depth in his strokes, and yes, he has developed "the touch", as they call it, the finesse in the sport that is so appreciated and admired."

"Not that 'finesse' necessarily means that the Wild Child in Marat has been tamed - not by a long shot! Not for nothing has he been called "the James Dean of Tennis". I know for sure that half the thrill of watching Marat play is how unpredictable he gets out there. He waves and flails his arms, he looks up to the heavens beseechingly, he lets out a hoarse shout of disgust with himself when he makes a stupid error, or else mutters to himself with that powerful jaw clenched tightly."

"And after all that, people, I say to you - Marat Safin is one of the shyest, most gentle persons on this earth. Yes he is. He may shout and yell bloody curses on court, he may be a certified case of a racquet abuser, and he certainly seems like a fierce gladiator to contend with out there when his temper is boiling. But all of it is directed at himself. This is a person who would first tear himself limb from limb before he even thinks about inflicting hurt or harm on others. The very idea would be horrifying to this soft-spoken gentle giant. : Sorry for the digression, but just had to discuss that particular point, which I don't think a lot of people have considered."
Old 12-13-2003, 01:02 PM   #222
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Isabelle: "Whereas when he's playing relaxed, and even almost with a lazy, loose attitude, that's when he proves the most dangerous."

"There's one line from that film that's really fitting for Marat at this point in his career: He has to let go. If he tries too hard to control the skies, the more that accidents and disasters will come his way. He has to loosen up, and to give up the control, in order to gain it. Does that make sense to you? It does to me! Let go, Marat! That is all the "balance" you need, that you spoke of before - the consistency that you crave will come when you learn to let go."

"And whether you display the angel or the devil in you out there on court, know that above and beyond the admiration, the adulation, the awe and wonder that you inspire when you walk out there with your racquet and "do your job" - you have first and foremost our respect. For your talent and skill, for your athletic ability, for your independence and fire. For the perpetual spirit in you that won't be tamed. Perhaps in time you will be able to master the "wild child", the "brat", the "rebel", but I don't think he will ever be tamed…. and I know that your true-blue die-hard fans will not have it any other way."
Old 12-13-2003, 01:05 PM   #223
country flag Cris

Ami's quotes. Excellent!
Loved Dee's quote.
I'd like to meet him too. Or just to watch him play. As you said, he's always nice and sweet with his fans. Hope to have this chance one day.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:13 PM   #224
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

I always love Ami`s and Isabelle`s quotes! They are amazing in expressing things the right way.

Sis, you HAVE TO
I hope next year i can see and meet Marat again
Old 12-13-2003, 01:43 PM   #225
country flag Cris

Isabelle's articles about Marat are great!

I hope you can meet him next year!

I wish he could play here. Brasil vs. Russia would be like a dream. But not in 2004. Want Russia wins Davis Cup.
There is Brasil Open (February) too. Moya, Guga and maybe Ferrero will play. I won't go... will be on same week of Carnaval. But if Marat would be there... haha... I would cancel my trip and spend all my money just to go to Bahia and watch him.