Kiefer v. Massu - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-09-2005, 09:03 AM   #1
country flag NewTennisFan

NewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kiefer v. Massu

I've been having a look into this match. While I'm an amateur when it comes to tennis handicapping (and probably have no idea what I'm talking about!), Massu doesn't appear to have too many good wins this year against opponents who are at least on his current level, and along with that he's played poorly on hard courts. Kiefer, on the other hand, has a lot more experience this year on hard courts and has done fairly well on them, with wins over Nalbadian and Gaudio back at Indian Wells and general consistency. I believe he went out with an injury at Los Angeles a couple weeks back, so I'm not sure to what extent that may still be affecting him.

Who fancies Kiefer @ 1.44? Does anybody care to share an analysis of this one?
NewTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #2
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiefer v. Massu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTennisFan
I've been having a look into this match. While I'm an amateur when it comes to tennis handicapping (and probably have no idea what I'm talking about!), Massu doesn't appear to have too many good wins this year against opponents who are at least on his current level, and along with that he's played poorly on hard courts. Kiefer, on the other hand, has a lot more experience this year on hard courts and has done fairly well on them, with wins over Nalbadian and Gaudio back at Indian Wells and general consistency. I believe he went out with an injury at Los Angeles a couple weeks back, so I'm not sure to what extent that may still be affecting him.

Who fancies Kiefer @ 1.44? Does anybody care to share an analysis of this one?
This game is probably a flip of the coin job,first time h2h and you will give the upper hand to Kiefer on surface but Massu on ability to fight!!most likely be a 3 setter wit the winner in a tie-break!!!!

New tennis fan i just got a question to ask and have posted a private message to ya!!!hope u can reply
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:45 PM   #3

NewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports freak
This game is probably a flip of the coin job,first time h2h and you will give the upper hand to Kiefer on surface but Massu on ability to fight!!most likely be a 3 setter wit the winner in a tie-break!!!!

New tennis fan i just got a question to ask and have posted a private message to ya!!!hope u can reply
I sure can, but unfortunately I received no message. You sure it got sent okay? Send again if possible. In fact, I'll send you one and tell me if you get it. I'm becoming a little skeptical of whether or not my PM is working at all
Old 08-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #4
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute

I am on Kiefer in this one. I know Massu can fight but I like Kiefer a lot in August! GL guys!
Mistaflava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:51 PM   #5
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute

Kiefer was also a finalist last year in Toronto wasn't he?
Old 08-09-2005, 02:57 PM   #6
country flag Mistaflava

my wager is in....GO NICO KIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 03:04 PM   #7

About Kiefer and that injury he sustained a couple or so weeks back...

are there any sources on the internet for checking up on players' injury status and the like? It would be especially useful if that were possible. For most of us, is it just a guessing game?

[one example I can think of is that of Davydenko. The guy has obviously been affected recently by his 'wrist' injury or whatever it was. He's dropped out of a couple of tournaments in a short time period, and has lost to a number of long odds underdogs in the meantime]
Old 08-09-2005, 03:42 PM   #8

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I sure can, but unfortunately I received no message. You sure it got sent okay? Send again if possible. In fact, I'll send you one and tell me if you get it. I'm becoming a little skeptical of whether or not my PM is working at all
No worries,i check it out n get back to ya cheers!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 03:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistaflava
my wager is in....GO NICO KIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck on ur pic,Go Kiefer!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 04:32 PM   #10
country flag Mistaflava

Quote:
About Kiefer and that injury he sustained a couple or so weeks back...

are there any sources on the internet for checking up on players' injury status and the like? It would be especially useful if that were possible. For most of us, is it just a guessing game?

[one example I can think of is that of Davydenko. The guy has obviously been affected recently by his 'wrist' injury or whatever it was. He's dropped out of a couple of tournaments in a short time period, and has lost to a number of long odds underdogs in the meantime]

he had some breathing problems...simple as that.