~*~ Hardcourt Season: US Open ~*~ - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2005, 09:40 AM   #76
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Hardcourt Season: Montreal ~*~

Richard so not fair

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #77
country flag Vialator

Vialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond repute

Very bad and sad for richard, he have to win the first set without the stupid rain delay
The Montreal week is not finish for Richy, He still have the double to play (today in the central court at the end of the day; maybe he will acquire some night experience...).
Vialator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:07 AM   #78
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

I've nothing much to say. DF on BP TWICE! I hope he learns something from this.

Pick it up in the doubles, Richard! There's still Cincinnati too.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:27 AM   #79
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

wipe tears out, i ll stand by your side and so will my mum
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:27 PM   #80
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, bad loss. That rain pissed me off so much, coming when it did.

Hope Richard plays better in the doubles, to gain some momentum for Cincy.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:42 PM   #81
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen the match now. Of course it is very very disappointing (thank God he had no point to defend on top of this...) but this is one of those «good» losses. There are a lot of lessons to learn from it for him. I hope Deblicker didn't blink one second. He should even have taken notes... This match revealed a lot of things notably that Gasquet has to strenghten mentally and is still too much of a kid...It was all about experience and managing difficult conditions, emotions, being smart, having a good tactic etc... And in those departments, Seb Grosjean is still the number one. It was very very tight and tense (Seb didn't really firmly dominated Richard at all; in the first set, he was slightly dominated and after the 4h30min or so break he slightly dominated or it was even). And i believe that if the match had took place in other conditions or had Richard managed to handle those conditions well, he would have won this match. He lost the «mental battle» and then it was over.
At the beginning both players were in the match very rapidly. There were lots of winners from both of them, among them some very beautiful points, very long tense rallies where one dictated play and then the other and when they both hit the ball harder and harder. Nerve-wrecking...Grosjean did a lot of damage with his FH, Gasquet with his BH as usual. There was some good volleys etc... Gasquet was almost «cruising», up a break, serving for the first set. And then the scenario changed completely when he got distracted because of the thunder and the imminent rain. He "wasn't there" anymore and lost some easy points (all UEs...) on his serve including the last one which should have been replayed since this stupid Lars Graf (who should have stopped the play earlier too...) decided at last to stop the play at the worst moment when the announce for the spectators was made in the middle of the point and Gasquet stopped playing. It was stopped at 40-30* on his serve.
That shows he has still a damn lot to learn if he lets himself be distracted by such things and if it bothers him so much. Grosjean didn't even react when this happened. He judt stayed in the match.
4H30 min or so later, when they both came back to finish the match, Richard had clearly lost his momentum. He was a bit groggy as if he just woke up after a long nap or as if he had cogitated to much about this unfair bp against him, (don't know what must have been going through his head... ) he looked a lot less confident than before and you could see Grosjean knew it. He, on the contrary, was more motivated than ever and showed it a lot to make Richard doubt whereas Richard (another beginner's mistake) showed he was frustrated and not so well...
Richard gave both the rebreak in the first set and the break in the second with a double fault at 40-30* on his serve. I think Seb only had one other bp in the entire match when Gasquet had like 5/6. Grosjean was very smart and profited from Richard's unexperience and well, he's a talented player regaining his form too... He pushed him very far behind the baseline in the rallies refusing to be pushed back himself, always targeted his FH when serving, served very very well, did a lot of damage with his inside out FH, sliced BH etc...At the beginning Richard dominated. This was a great duel in the heart of it. Then Richard was somewhere else, almost lethargic and Seb played really well. Seb definitely deserved to win.
I'm very very disappointed but i guess this match was a part of an experience he'll have acquired when he'll be older and will be useful...Not desrespecting Grosjean at all, he could have won this.
Richard you kid! It's time to grow up if you ever want to be a true champion!
Boooooooooo....Boooooooo....

(sorry if i made any mistakes, i didn't reread what i wrote and i'm very angry and sad right now...This was written very fast...)

Last edited by delsa : 08-11-2005 at 10:38 PM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:06 PM   #82
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Delsa for the match report
I'm still sad.

Some Richard audio here: http://www.rogerscupmen.com/english/...dio/audio.asp\

Central start 11:00 AM
Suk/Vizner vs (7)Bhupathi/Damm
Not before 1:00 PM
G Rusedski (GBR) vs M Ancic (CRO)
(1)R Nadal (ESP) vs S Grosjean (FRA)
Not before 7:30 PM
N Kiefer (GER) vs (4)A Agassi (USA)
(4)Black/Ullyett vs Ferrer/Gasquet

Good Luck David and Richard!!

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:11 PM   #83
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Well put, Delsa. If Richard wants to rise further, he has to learn to win even when he's not at his best or when the conditions do not suit him. In his post-match interview, he said it was the first time he was playing under lights and he couldn't see the ball well. He definitely can learn a lot from this match.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:20 PM   #84
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Delsa Great report! And that's especially nice to hear some facts about Seb from the person supported Gasquet! Well, I think that match was a really good lesson for Richard, I wish he'll get a lot of use from it. And then this kid will become a great man!

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:28 AM   #85

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Richard and David lost in doubles 6-2, 6-2 (56 minutes)

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Old 08-12-2005, 02:30 AM   #86
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

Richie
Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:36 AM   #87
country flag Daniela_CABJ

Daniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond repute

they lost!
..but it was a very tough match!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

*LINK TO RICHARD GASQUET OFFICIAL WEBSITE*

TOMÁŠ BERDYCH
Daniela_CABJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:45 AM   #88

Did you get to see it Daniela? I was following it on livescores so I really couldn't tell just by the score line.

Old 08-12-2005, 04:11 AM   #89
country flag Daniela_CABJ

Daniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisgirl19
Did you get to see it Daniela? I was following it on livescores so I really couldn't tell just by the score line.
No! they don't show doubles here
but Black/Ullyett is a very hard couple! that's what I meant

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

*LINK TO RICHARD GASQUET OFFICIAL WEBSITE*

TOMÁŠ BERDYCH
Daniela_CABJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:15 AM   #90
country flag adelaide

adelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond repute

that's upsetting, because I thought David and Richaaaaaard made a pretty good team

i was at the Gasquet-Ferrer vs Niemeyer-Grosjean and I enjoyed it so much. They weren't exactly solid (David's serves weren't working lol) but I thought they did pretty well as a team. Too bad they had to face such a tough team

+ NADAL + GASQUET +
+ ANCIC + KIEFER + MATHIEU + GULBIS + FEDERER + ANDREEV + FERRER +
+ KARLOVIC + LLODRA + BENNETEAU + BERDYCH + ZIMONJIC +

peter polansky fangirl
adelaide is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote