~*~ Hardcourt Season: US Open ~*~ - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-18-2005, 10:07 PM   #151
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Hardcourt Season: Cincinnati ~*~

well i hope he rests up and take the time to recover, i think it is a good idea to skip new haven in order not to damage himself even more

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2005, 02:18 AM   #152
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Smart move on his part. Hopefully he will be all rested for his US Open debut(main draw men's singles)

btw, cute avatar Suzi, I love it

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 03:05 AM   #153
country flag Daniela_CABJ

Daniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi
well i hope he rests up and take the time to recover, i think it is a good idea to skip new haven in order not to damage himself even more
I agree.
He needs to rest if he wants to be ok for the US Open

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

*LINK TO RICHARD GASQUET OFFICIAL WEBSITE*

TOMÁŠ BERDYCH
Daniela_CABJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 03:13 AM   #154
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

for a normal people work for 5 days and get 2 days rest
but tennis player have to work for such a long time...
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 05:05 PM   #155
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

it is true and when they do have like a week off of something they are probably training their ass off!, my RESPECT to all of em!

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 02:20 AM   #156
country flag oskyldig

oskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.. Skipping New Haven would be quite good actually.. Especially since it is RIGHT before the US Open. It would be un-intelligent to do too many tournaments before a grand slam; since they are 2 weeks long and have more matches~!
oskyldig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:27 PM   #157

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Hardcourt Season: US Open ~*~

I don't know where to post this so here goes:

I was at the Bronx Challenger in NYC today and guess who showed up? Richard (and Eric). I saw them walk in and my mouth nearly fell on the floor. They were there cheering on countryman Thierry Ascione in the final. And in Thierry's thank you speech he thanks Richard and Eric. To be honest, I ended up watching Richard during the match more than the final itself.
After the match was over he was walking outside near the food court and my mom had to go up to talk to him. She asked him about New Haven (even though I could of answered that for her) and told him good luck at the US Open. So yeah that's pretty much it, but just wanted to post my Richard sighting =) (Oh and I should of had my camera. I didn't bring it all week and I totally forgot about it today. After seeing him I am really mad at myself because I would of taken a picture with him )

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Old 08-21-2005, 11:48 PM   #158
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Deblicker reproached him showing to Ancic too much that he was injured because despite that he was doing more than hanging there and actually "humiliated" Ancic with a lot of perfect dropshots, lobs, incredible shots that he hit very nonchalantly... Since as soon as he discovered he was hurt too badly it was as if he actually just took the match as "practice" refusing to withdraw to show he has changed and not to add to his reputation of a "prone to give up easily" type of player that he earned in the juniors and during his first years on the pro tour... (i should try to stop making so long sentences...)
Deblicker said he could have won despite his injury and that he wasn't ambitious/pro enough that day...
This match was hilarious! Despite serving at between 130 and 170 kph, being unable to topspin his BH (that's what he said in the bit of article posted above anyway...), hit the ball hard enough etc...he was just enjoying himself and made Ancic look ridiculous... (i have absolutely nothing against Ancic but that was really funny to watch...and Mario had the last laugh anyway since he won the match...). He was playing with his nerves so much! lol! Making him run to eventually lost the point, showing a lot of tactical intelligence to win his points despite his problems etc... That was so surreal it was funny...
But he didn't even try to win the match yet didn't want to retire. He could have won it without showing he was hurt so much at least Deblicker believed he could as he said and with more will to do so above all. It was obvious that he was superior to Ancic on this day(Ancic wasn't playing really well...) even with his tendinitis but he just didn't try. He just hold his serve and when he served against the wind at the end of each set and in the tie-break got broken...He could have served "à la cuillère" too (like Chang did in a famous RG final when he faked being tired...i don't know what's the word in English...) as some ppl on his site's forum pointed out. Maybe it would have been more effective than his grandma's serve.
He even smiled when he and Ancic shaked hands at the net and Ancic told him he was sorry about his injury etc...And he could be seen later during Paulo Mathieu's match coming to say hello to Thierry Tulasne (Mathieu's coach) and chating a little bit, laughing with a big smile on his face so that didn't seem to bother him really. And in the L'Equipe bit, he said it's not a tragedy. He said that, appart from that problem with his elbow, that he already had in his match against Lopez (as the commentators here had feared during the match...), he feels well physically and confident enough in his game on harcourt despite not playing a lot of matches. That's reassuring.
Monfils could be seen at his "match" against Ancic (it wasn't a match in the first sense really...) speaking with someone on his cell phone too...Just for the record.
Ancic was warned so late for the time he took before serving. I really wonder what the umpire was thinking. He took as much as 1 minute between two points! And the time he took kept being longer and longer...
This tendinitis problem is very concerning. Richard already mentioned it during Wimbledon and he says it's recurrent and comes back every 4 or 5 months! He said he'll have some medical tests to see what it really is. I hope it's not a serious injury that he didn't cure well enough. That could stop his progress. He should REALLY work on his physical shape...
Having seen that match, i think it's really wise of him to withdraw from New Haven. He must focus on curing definitely this tendinitis (i hope it's not so serious...) so that it doesn't bother him any more and try to prepare for the USO.
I read he is already in New York and went there directly after Cincy and Tennisgirl19 confirmed it by reporting that she saw him there as he was at the GHI Bronx Classic Challenger final cheering on Ascione a few days ago...So no jetlag and extra tiredness for him. That's another good decision, i think.

Last edited by delsa : 08-23-2005 at 09:43 PM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:54 PM   #159
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck at the USO, Richard!
Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:26 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
He could have served "à la cuillère" too (like Chang did in a famous RG final when he faked being tired...i don't know what's the word in English...)
Under-handed

Thanks for your awesome match report Delsa

Old 08-22-2005, 05:42 AM   #161
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

yea, very funny

thanks
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:43 AM   #162
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

dear richard, run happily on hard of US Open
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 03:33 PM   #163
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisgirl19
Under-handed

Thanks for your awesome match report Delsa
Underarm serve, I think. Doesn't underhanded mean something else?

The match sounds hilarious. I wished they had shown it over here.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #164

I use under-handed and underarm serve for the same thing. When I talk about the way he served I usually say under-handed. But I guess technically it means a different thing, but most people I know use it for one and the same.

Old 08-22-2005, 04:33 PM   #165
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
The match sounds hilarious. I wished they had shown it over here.
Believe me, this match was more frustrating than hilarious...

It's good that he has decided to withdraw from New Haven. Hopefully, he will recover this week and will be able to play his best at the USO. Let's pray for a good draw

Btw, in l'équipe of yesterday, Santoro has promised he would play by the end of the season a tournament in double with Gasquet. We don't know in which tournie though
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote