Oh Canada!!! Mastering Montreal - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #31
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh Canada!!! Mastering Montreal

Terra boys were saying that Nico committed unforced error after unforced error.

And at one point, he yelled - How can I play this bad?

He needs to figure out why he played so badly quickly. Not only to defend the 400 points, but he's got months left to the year on hardcourts with points to defend there.

And get a coach NICO! Even a temporary one until Gaby. And Gaby better be 100% if he's waiting this long for Gaby. I'll cry if the deal with Gaby doesn't come about after Nico's wasted months with all these points to defend with no coach.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #32
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the points situation is making him too nervous. Maybe its getting to him. Nico's has been playing well but perhaps thinking about the points is messing with his concentration. I'm feeling bad for him now-was kinda mad but after reading what Nicofan wrote I feel bad for him. He knows he could have/should have played better. He does certainly need someone there to help him get this match behind him. Love ya Nico!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:37 PM   #33
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I know - I want to send Nico hugs too - and here's one for him..lol!

But he really doesn't need hugs - he needs to get tough. Where is my Nico with the fighting spirit?

When he came back after going home to Chile before Wimbledon, he said that he needed to face his problems like a man. Well - he's at that point again. Hate to sound mean - but I'm not - just having some tough love here - he's got to face this. If he doesn't defend them - fine - but fight to defend them - that's all I ask of him. If he goes down to 60-70 in the world by the end of the year, I'll support him no matter where his ranking is. But fight fight fight - like I know my warrior is capable of.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #34
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

poor nico he was so frustrated....( i saw the last game of the 1 set and the 2 set) Nico said.....I DUNNO WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME ..........

yeah it's true ... i think his body is trying to play in clay again
Old 08-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #35
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Lt*Alonso*Cl>
poor nico he was so frustrated....( i saw the last game of the 1 set and the 2 set) Nico said.....I DUNNO WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME ..........

yeah it's true ... i think his body is trying to play in clay again
Oh geez poor Nico - that makes me feel so bad for him.

He hates the hardcourts. But good grief, half the season is played on hardcourts, he's just got to get used to them. His body cannot keep trying to play the hardcourts as if they are clay...lol!

He looked so good in DC - I don't understand how he can play worse after having 5 more days of practice on the hardcourts.

If this keeps up, I won't be seeing much of him in Cincy, New Haven, and US Open.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:09 PM   #36
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

Aww !!! Vamos Nico you can do it!!! i think he needs someone how can tell him what to do !!! (like gaby )......
well his serve wasn't bad at all.. he only had 1 DF 65% 1 serv
about he always threw away all the easy balls and the 2 service of kiefer

Now let's go in doubles
Old 08-09-2005, 06:23 PM   #37
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Aww !!! Vamos Nico you can do it!!! i think he needs someone how can tell him what to do !!! (like gaby )......
well his serve wasn't bad at all.. he only had 1 DF 65% 1 serv
about he always threw away all the easy balls and the 2 service of kiefer

Now let's go in doubles
He does need Gaby right now....

I was watching the stats - he was serving well. But Kiefer was not, and Nico didn't take advantage of it - Kiefer was serving at like low 40% 1st serve in the first set.

I think that's what made the loss so upsetting. A match he could have won.

And don't mean to sound terrible - but don't care about doubles - I want my Nico to win at singles...and Fena too...
Old 08-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #38
country flag NicoFan

Sparko - are you here?

Are they showing Rafa-Carlos on ESPN2??? Or did they switch to the Dent match - I hope not.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:10 PM   #39
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Right now its Dent and Ljubicic but they were showing Rafa and Moya. In my depression over Nico's loss I forgot Rafa's match was suppose to be on. They were in the middle of the 2nd set when I turned it on. Very exciting match. Dent just won so I hope they put Rafa back on. So, as far as watching your tape it will suck...going back and forth. Stupid Dent won, Nico could have kicked his butt...Oh well...Yes, Rafa back on. Hopefully there will be no more going back and forth and I won't tell you the score except its a good match!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Old 08-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #40
country flag NicoFan

Thanks - hate it though when they go back and forth - who gives a hoot about Dent when Rafa and Carlos are playing. Typical ESPN2 - they s*ck.

Yeah, Nico would have beaten Dent.

Shoot - Hewitt out which means that if Fena won, he would have had an open road, and now this with Dent.

Oh well - I decided that I was too hard on our Nico - I didn't mean to be, and I know it takes him 3-4 weeks to get used to the hardcourts. I just thought that he was going to do it against Kiefer and got my hopes up too high, plus I want so much to see him here in the States.

Poor sweetie. He's probably bumming.

He'll be back - its only one match.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:14 PM   #41
country flag NicoFan

The chicos lost 6-7 (5), 6-7 (6).

I don't like it when my two sweeties have a tough tournament. Nothing went right in Montreal.

Hopefully Cincy will be better for both our chilenos.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:39 PM   #42
country flag +alonso

yeah! they lost !!!

well .. a bad day for our boys...

Oh i'm so jealous.. you guys can see moya-nadal and more matches than me i only could see nico
Old 08-09-2005, 11:57 PM   #43
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Oh i'm so jealous.. you guys can see moya-nadal and more matches than me i only could see nico
I would trade every Rafa, Moya, Coria, Ferrero, Roddick, Agassi, etc. etc. etc. match just to see all of Nico's matches like you get to do.

We can trade places Alonso...lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get to live in Chile, and you can live in New York City.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:07 AM   #44
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Nico had his chances to do a better match but when he start to speak with himself something wrong is happening

I'm sad but more disappointed ... I hate Montreal and Canal 13

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:23 AM   #45
country flag Sparko1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
Nico had his chances to do a better match but when he start to speak with himself something wrong is happening

I'm sad but more disappointed ... I hate Montreal and Canal 13

yeah, what is with canal 13???? Have either Nico or Fena ever won when they had their match on?

FERNANDO GONZALEZ