Athletics - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2005, 07:04 PM   #121
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Athletics

Collins did 3rd!!!!! A big thank you to him for making his bronze medal and his reaction of joy- as he told himself he was only a possible outsider when interviewed before the final!!!- with the so bright smile that makes me fall!
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2005, 07:04 PM   #122
country flag JBrocks

JBrocks has a reputation beyond reputeJBrocks has a reputation beyond reputeJBrocks has a reputation beyond reputeJBrocks has a reputation beyond reputeJBrocks has a reputation beyond reputeJBrocks has a reputation beyond reputeJBrocks has a reputation beyond reputeJBrocks has a reputation beyond reputeJBrocks has a reputation beyond reputeJBrocks has a reputation beyond reputeJBrocks has a reputation beyond repute

Carolina
Riedel
JBrocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 07:06 PM   #123
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Kim for getting bronze!

Savigne got silver in triple jump

and well done Carolina
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 07:07 PM   #124
country flag fabolous

fabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic efforts from klüft, gatlin, alekna! a pleasure to watch! and kim collins, omg what a fighter he is poor lars riedel, but we have other strong discus men, too

george, the "cheetah man" crawford didn't make the final
fabolous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 07:38 PM   #125
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

I liked it at the end of the heptathlon when you felt the real sense of Camaraderie between the athletes and they posed for that picture:

Old 08-08-2005, 04:42 AM   #126
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Gatlin well he was too good and Collins came through when least expected, which was good. Darrel Brown what a choker he is, just like Pognon, got to turn up at the big ones, it's easy enough to run in the races with no pressure. That's why I am disappointed Powell was not there, but Gatlin too good.

I am sad for Lars, but he has won so much and big Virgilius pulled out the huge throw when needed and Kanter was very happy and it's good that a small country like Estonia won something.

The Jamaican girl in the triple jump who jumped 14, 91 when 40cm behind the board, that was tough set of jumps and I see Lebedva pulled out. I almost missed that distinctive hair.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:02 AM   #127
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
I am sad for Lars, but he has won so much and big Virgilius pulled out the huge throw when needed and Kanter was very happy and it's good that a small country like Estonia won something.

The Jamaican girl in the triple jump who jumped 14, 91 when 40cm behind the board, that was tough set of jumps and I see Lebedva pulled out. I almost missed that distinctive hair.
Thank you George, we're all happy to have the medal.

The Russians said Lebedeva's injury that she got before the competition in Oslo had got really bad but she hopes to be able to compete in the next Golden League event as she still has chances to win the whole pot.
It's something with the ankle as I understood and really serious and it had to do with changing tracks or dunno how they call it in English (from softer to harder and vice versa I mean).
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:22 AM   #128
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

I wanna see Aaron take the gold tonight!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:48 AM   #129
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
I wanna see Aaron take the gold tonight!
She's a French sprinter, she won't handle the pressure.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-08-2005, 07:53 AM   #130
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Karolina
what a pity about Lars Riedel

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:19 AM   #131
country flag Choupi

Quote:
She's a French sprinter, she won't handle the pressure.
I'll remind you of this when she'll have that medal around her neck!

Seriously, it's now or never for her. The evil psy has been fired and Christine feels very good. Just hope she'll finally turn that dream into reality. I've never been as confident. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. We'll see tonight.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:24 AM   #132
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
I'll remind you of this when she'll have that medal around her neck!

Seriously, it's now or never for her. The evil psy has been fired and Christine feels very good. Just hope she'll finally turn that dream into reality. I've never been as confident. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. We'll see tonight.
She has failed and choked too many times and made too many excuses. She'll be just like Merlene Ottey a bridesmaid.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-08-2005, 09:08 AM   #133
country flag Papakori

I am looking forward for the womens steeplechase final tonight. Docus Inzikuru to win because Uganda rarely get much success and Docus looked good in the heats, she was the fastest.

I wanna see Kim Gevaert or Muna Lee winning the 100m
Old 08-08-2005, 09:14 AM   #134
country flag Choupi

Quote:
She has failed and choked too many times and made too many excuses. She'll be just like Merlene Ottey a bridesmaid.
Whatever happens, she'll prove 1 of us wrong tonight.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:19 AM   #135
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Whatever happens, she'll prove 1 of us wrong tonight.
It won't be me.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1